Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

42 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

One last picture of my EP case for posterity. Major EP sale imminent to fund new scope - including my prized Leica zoom. Have to look at it as cathartic, not utter madness - I suppose life will continue, but will it be worth living?

IMG_1262.JPG

Sorry to hear that, Mark. What telescope are you getting? 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

One last picture of my EP case for posterity. Major EP sale imminent to fund new scope - including my prized Leica zoom. Have to look at it as cathartic, not utter madness - I suppose life will continue, but will it be worth living?

IMG_1262.JPG

I wonder how many people are nervously checking their bank balance on reading this... *checks bank balance* ...:help:

As others have already said, I’m sure the eyepiece case will recover in the fullness of time and you’ll have another nice scope to use them with :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Highburymark said:

IMG_1262.JPG

NOOO!! DON'T DO IT !!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Piero said:

Sorry to hear that, Mark. What telescope are you getting? 

No need for sympathy Piero! I'm holding onto a very nice collection of eyepieces - and had too many anyway. I'm going for a Tak Epsilon 130d - Gavin's found it excellent for night vision.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

No need for sympathy Piero! I'm holding onto a very nice collection of eyepieces - and had too many anyway. I'm going for a Tak Epsilon 130d - Gavin's found it excellent for night vision.

A 55mm plossl, 40mm plossl, 27mm panoptic and 4mm delite - what more could you want/need?? ??

Latest iteration. Just sold a pair of 15mm TV Plossls and bought a pair of 15mm Panoptics.

Added Lumicon UHC and Deep Sky 1.25" filters too as they came up at a decent used price. Just need to do a bit of observing now!

eyepieces 20190328.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Moonshane said:

Latest iteration. Just sold a pair of 15mm TV Plossls and bought a pair of 15mm Panoptics.

Added Lumicon UHC and Deep Sky 1.25" filters too as they came up at a decent used price. Just need to do a bit of observing now!

eyepieces 20190328.jpg

Looks fantastic Shane. I really need to try some Delites!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just completed my eyepiece/accessory case. Lots of room left for more goodies ? used supplied dividers for accessories . Pluck foam easy to work with. Just cut the desired amount of squares with a knife & then cut the extracted foam to required depth & reinsert. 

CB4A5677-0520-4D86-89D9-38D5F3F56BF9.jpeg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sky-searcher said:

Just completed my eyepiece/accessory case. Lots of room left for more goodies ? used supplied dividers for accessories . Pluck foam easy to work with. Just cut the desired amount of squares with a knife & then cut the extracted foam to required depth & reinsert. 

CB4A5677-0520-4D86-89D9-38D5F3F56BF9.jpeg

Cool idea using a divider.   I'll steal that one for future cases.

• Like 1

I finally managed to find some time to fix the case for my Pentax eyepieces.  I bought the case on last black Friday so it has been gathering dust for quite a while.

pentax.jpg

Edited by McNewt
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, McNewt said:

I finally managed to find some time to fix the case for my Pentax eyepieces.  I bought the case on last black Friday so it has been gathering dust for quite a while.

pentax.jpg

Just curious... what´s on the bottom of your pentaxes ?

Thanks

PS: great collection, by the way...

5 hours ago, Miguel_EA1HTA said:

Just curious... what´s on the bottom of your pentaxes ?

Thanks

PS: great collection, by the way...

1.25" to 2" twist-lock adapters.   

Normally you have only one adapter and you keep it attached to the focuser, but I also have a bunch of 2" eyepieces.  Frequent switching during sessions made me misplace the one adapter that I had.  Now it is 2" all the way.

• Like 1

On 23/04/2019 at 19:00, Miguel_EA1HTA said:

EDITED: Here it is my main case:

Do you prefer zoom-eyepieces over fixed focal length?  Obviously you cover a lot of ground with very few eyepieces.   I've been having my eyes on the Leica zoom for a while, but since I've spent too much on eyepieces already I haven't pulled the trigger.

On 24/04/2019 at 19:39, McNewt said:

Do you prefer zoom-eyepieces over fixed focal length?  Obviously you cover a lot of ground with very few eyepieces.   I've been having my eyes on the Leica zoom for a while, but since I've spent too much on eyepieces already I haven't pulled the trigger.

Well, if I can only choose one or the other... the fixed.

But actually it depends.

The first eyepiece I got was the Baader 8-24. With it I could have an idea of different focal lengths with my telescope, without having to invest too much.

I prefer all the other eyepieces to this Baader, but I have kept it because it is very useful when sharing views on the telescope with friends and people... there I prefer to use only that zoom.

The rest of eyepieces offer to me more quality and usability than the Baader, especially thinking that my main targets are doubles, planets and moon.

Regarding the other zoom I have, the 3-6, at the end I decided to have it instead of fixed focal lengths, because: it has good quality, it´s very handy and useful to change power with just a turn, and as those focal lengths are used less due to seeing, I prefer to have all-in-one for those powers, instead of having several pieces without so much time at the telescope.

At the end, if I had to choose between the zooms and the fixed focals I have, I would keep myself with the fixed ones, they´re so special for me.

Of course, I have not ever had a Leica zoom, that people talks so good about it, but I don´t think that its price matches the return you could get, at least with the telescope I have.

Regards,

Miguel L.

• Like 2

Thank you for the explanation.

I really need to try a zoom out.  Every time I lug around my eyepiece sets I start to thinking about getting a zoom eyepiece.  ?   Maybe it is an excuse to buy yet another eyepiece. :icon_scratch:

• Like 1

I use the aluminium/ pluck foam for most accessories and eyepieces as well as a few HPRC cases for more expensive eyepieces. 

This is my HPRC2700 travel case, it holds the SV80mm refractor, BV/ OCAs, various eyepieces and filters as well as my Herschel wedge, Zeiss/ Baader prism and mirror diagonal. 

Under the blue foam section are 3-2" eyepieces.

Travel Case.png

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, iPeace said:

One grab; everything fits. Eyepieces have own sleeping bags for safe coat pocket stuffing.

What are the little pouches/sleeping bags for the eyepieces, Mike? I.e. where did you get them from?