Narrowband

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Full set of Lunt/APM eyepieces...

IMG_20180830_200703.thumb.jpg.d9c2e19acd90854f08701b057ce2cca3.jpg

...and the Pentax XW gang.   I received the 10 and 20 mm today so I will be getting a case for these.

IMG_20180830_201322.thumb.jpg.f220ba3e4981b7c7447d451805443bf6.jpg

In terms of focal lengths there are overlaps, but given that most of my eyepieces are all over the place after a viewing session I apparently tend to switch back and forth between 70º and 100/110º to get the best possible views.  Naturally the 3.5mm eyepieces are the least used ones.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Excellent eyepiece sets and welcome to the forum McNewt :smiley:

I have similar sets with similar overlaps. I tend to use the 100's in my 12" dob whereas the 1.25" set get used with the refractors.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John said:

Excellent eyepiece sets and welcome to the forum McNewt :smiley:

I have similar sets with similar overlaps. I tend to use the 100's in my 12" dob whereas the 1.25" set get used with the refractors.

Thank you!

I noticed DRT's comment about overlaps and he has similar sets too.    Extreme wide field is bliss, but not suitable for all targets.   For planetary I tend to prefer the tighter field of view.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, garryblueboy said:

Slight update to green case thanks Gavstar almost there now 

2816F9C7-58DC-4271-B6F1-94747D339F83.jpeg

I swapped out my venerable 27mm Panoptic of 20 years for the 30mm APM UFF this summer.  All good things must come to an end.

• Like 3

I've made one last addition to my heavy set, a 10mm Delos as I found over time I was missing something at that focal length for the VX14. The problem is it would not fit in my case in the same way as the others and the out of place problem isn't easy for my eyepiece-case-ocd to handle!

20180908_091653_HDR.thumb.jpg.5f7ebadfb8b8430945471aaabb5c1470.jpg

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Paz said:

I've made one last addition to my heavy set, a 10mm Delos as I found over time I was missing something at that focal length for the VX14. The problem is it would not fit in my case in the same way as the others and the out of place problem isn't easy for my eyepiece-case-ocd to handle!

20180908_091653_HDR.thumb.jpg.5f7ebadfb8b8430945471aaabb5c1470.jpg

The 10mm Delos is the only Delos I own.  It is a terrific eyepiece.  I'm thinking I might get the 6mm and 8mm Delos to slot in between my Pentax 5.2mm XL, 7mm XW, and 9mm Morpheus.  Right now, my old Speers-Waler 5-8mm zoom covers those gaps.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Louis D said:

The 10mm Delos is the only Delos I own.  It is a terrific eyepiece.  I'm thinking I might get the 6mm and 8mm Delos to slot in between my Pentax 5.2mm XL, 7mm XW, and 9mm Morpheus.  Right now, my old Speers-Waler 5-8mm zoom covers those gaps.

That would be a good arsenal to have! I've found 12mm to 8mm with the vx14 to be a sweet spot where the seeing often maxes out so it's good to be able to make the most of it with a focal length that is just right.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Floater said:

You’re ‘starting over’ in style! ?

I think the Paracorr II was a 'wise' decision although time will tell how important a difference it makes to me at F5. Though some first tests on globulars in particular proved satisfying. As for the Ethos 13, I don't know yet. Next week I'll be comparing it with an APM 13mm. I'll see how I go from there.

25 minutes ago, Sagitta said:

I think the Paracorr II was a 'wise' decision although time will tell how important a difference it makes to me at F5. Though some first tests on globulars in particular proved satisfying. As for the Ethos 13, I don't know yet. Next week I'll be comparing it with an APM 13mm. I'll see how I go from there.

Do post a comparison of the two please. I’ve never used an Ethos but I do have the APM 13mm. Great eyepiece in my opinion. My scope is F4.7 and I notice the coma but am yet to try a coma corrector to see how much difference it makes. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pig said:

I am not sure how you cope with such a humble arsenal John !!! ?

I keep saying to myself that I'm going to cut down on a few of the less used ones but then I try them and like them all over again. Hopeless - I'm just not ruthless enough when it comes to eyepieces :rolleyes2:

• Like 4