SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

OMG am I a happy bunny about today's arrival!?  Not only did the box contain a small packet of Haribo's, the main contents were the result of a few months of umming and ahhhing and a final decision to treat myself as I've been a good boy all year.

This is my first Feathertouch, and actually the first time I've even seen one in the flesh.  I can really see why they are so highly rated, and I've not even fitted it yet.  It's for the Tak FSQ106 and will be fitted next week.

Feathertouch.thumb.JPG.ae66defaf2b6527de0dbdbe8f7c99f80.JPG

Edited by RayD
  • Like 13

It's superb nowadays.  A neighbour has some and even close up you would struggle to know it isn't real grass!  Nothing like the fear we used to have as kids when told we were playing football on the new astroturf pitch, knowing that third degree burns were guaranteed!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

I'd be interested in your thoughts on it vs the WO prism at first light ?

Me too, I bought a WO prism, and despite the build and helical focuser being lovely I thought the prism was sadly terrible. Very strange star shapes at f/6 in the Tak, so I sent it back as possibly defective?

Edited by Lockie
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

..And no box? From a Tak retailer at new price? If so, I'd send it back. OK, it's only a box, but its' absence would take value from the prism if you sell it on

I'd be interested in your thoughts on it vs the WO prism at first light ?

Dave

Came in a box ☺

WO is for my travel Equinox 80 so it can be used as a spotting scope. Tak prism for use mainly with bino viewers but it is my main 1.25.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RayD said:

OMG am I a happy bunny about today's arrival!?  Not only did the box contain a small packet of Haribo's, the main contents were the result of a few months of umming and ahhhing and a final decision to treat myself as I've been a good boy all year.

This is my first Feathertouch, and actually the first time I've even seen one in the flesh.  I can really see why they are so highly rated, and I've not even fitted it yet.  It's for the Tak FSQ106 and will be fitted next week.

Making an already amazing scope even better. Super excited for you "good boy" :D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

Making an already amazing scope even better. Super excited for you "good boy" :D

Cheers mate.  And you nearing your auto-focus dreams.  You'll wonder how you ever managed without!

14 hours ago, RayD said:

Cheers mate.  And you nearing your auto-focus dreams.  You'll wonder how you ever managed without!

Absolutely mate. Getting close to the auto-focus dreams one bit at a time. Hopefully will be somewhere nearer to it come winters :)

19 hours ago, Lockie said:

Me too, I bought a WO prism, and despite the build and helical focuser being lovely I thought the prism was sadly terrible. Very strange star shapes at f/6 in the Tak, so I sent it back as possibly defective?

I shall be trying mine out. Have an APM 2 inch correct image astronomical grade prism from their clearance sale to compare with as well, not that I am expecting the WO to win, just be OK enough.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 25585 said:

I shall be trying mine out. Have an APM 2 inch correct image astronomical grade prism from their clearance sale to compare with as well, not that I am expecting the WO to win, just be OK enough.

Well, it's got to be better than the one I had...let us know how you get on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alanjgreen said:

Just arrived for some planetary fun with my Borg89.

...a "used" Ethos 3.7mm SX

1.jpg.c79a2b5ae6c931ee5a689b9cdbcfce86.jpg

2.jpg.b9e2cd844e461c2215081be0946ff518.jpg

It still fascinates me when I see a short FL eyepiece like that today, at that physical length. When I first expanded my eyepieces in the 80s for a 50mm refractor, and then my home built 150mm Newtonian, the Kellners got SHORTER physically as FL went towards shorter FLs!

Edited by trynda1701

8 hours ago, bottletopburly said:
On 16/06/2018 at 13:34, JeremyS said:

Handle arrived for carrying Tak FS102 (thanks to a brilliant suggestion from @johninderby)

IMG_9364.JPG

IMG_9371.JPG

I could do with a handle on my 200pds good idea ?

I've just received a couple of these too. One for my Omni XLT 102ED and another for the Starwave f11.

They needed shortening but make life so much easier.

Thanks @johninderby.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still waiting for the new camera but in the meantime bits arrived for mounting the tablet on the mount. Nice CNC aluminium  adjustable tablet mount. Don’t trust the cheaper plastic ones. Ball head used for adjusting the tablet to the right angle and tilt.

John

F3992469-4CA2-421D-B10B-71A0AF8D8637.jpeg

41D3DE7E-A770-4800-88C6-A7BCE6EB9252.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Still waiting for the new camera but in the meantime bits arrived for mounting the tablet on the mount. Nice CNC aluminium  adjustable tablet mount. Don’t trust the cheaper plastic ones. Ball head used for adjusting the tablet to the right angle and tilt.

John

F3992469-4CA2-421D-B10B-71A0AF8D8637.jpeg

41D3DE7E-A770-4800-88C6-A7BCE6EB9252.jpeg

Big biro or little mount? ?

On 27/06/2018 at 18:40, RayD said:

Ohhh!!!!!.........thats just sexy.

On Tuesday, the postie will be bringing me a rubber mallet and 150 lawn pegs. Seems the "gardener" i got in to lay the grass skipped a few corners. He only pinned down the grass randomly and its all a bit hit and miss. A good stiff breeze this winter and the whole thing could take flight. I doubt it will, but best to be safe than sorry. Also just bought a heavy duty Stanley knife because he obviously doesnt know how to join 2 seams (one just tucked under the other).

Honest...........my next post here will be astro related (a bottle of Wonder Fluid, or a Feather touch focuser for my Bresser........although the focuser on the bresser is silky smooth ).

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

c'est arrivé

The ZWO ASI 290MM Mini USB 2.0 Mono Camera arrived this afternoon. Was due Monday but not to complain. ?

Now just to wait for the USB hub to arrive from Amazon tomorrow. Tablet won’t power the camera so need a powered hub.

John

4552A423-FEE6-40F8-961D-8E5CBE1C9C36.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 2