Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

My post man has been rather busy this week. Inspired by Jeremy S I decided I needed a light weight set up to view Saturn and Mars. They are just too low from my back garden, but a 15 minutes walk takes me to the local park and a observing site with lovely clear horizons to the East and South.

I purchased a Neewer carbon fibre 65 tripod and a TS travel mount to go with it. Can’t afford Jeremy ‘s Tak 65 but will use a wee SW Mak instead. I am also going bird watching to Mallorca in September and I hope to take this set up with me.  I also got a Omegon 90 degree diagonal for this purpose.Set it up this afternoon and it seems very stable and usable. Hope to get a first light tonight.

97C55133-DFE0-40B3-BBD8-D11A4BA30040.jpeg

07F59821-E501-45EA-A112-E326E4859B95.jpeg

73428C34-E09E-4AD8-BB21-B0087FFF95E8.jpeg

• Like 12

Interstellarum atlas - I like it's presentation. "Pac Man Nebula", "Muscle Man (open) cluster" :D

ES 2 inch 2x extender. Heavy! Weighs as much as a 35mm Panoptic, maybe a bit more. Certainly no Barlow & will require balancing compensation. 

Couple of Astro Zap tube end covers for my VX10L. 

Edited by 25585
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 25585 said:

Interstellarum atlas - I like it's presentation. "Pac Man Nebula", "Muscle Man (open) cluster" :D

ES 2 inch 2x extender. Heavy! Weighs as much as a 35mm Panoptic, maybe a bit more. Certainly no Barlow & will require balancing compensation. 

Couple of Astro Zap tube end covers for my VX10L. 

I’ve had Instellarium for a couple of months now and really like it. I hope your shoulder heals soon. Must really suck to have lots of new toys and not be able to try them :( 

7 hours ago, johninderby said:

Explore Scientific 2x Focal Extender and a Batinov mask.

Sold the 3x Fri aft and the 2x replacement arrived promptly from FLO.

Postie-99.jpg

Snap with the extender ?, almost. SN : 2×2001520. Mine is a 50.8mm with a 31.7mm adapter. Heavy!  

Edited by 25585
  • Like 1

"New telescope arrived today"

Baby Equinox brought by Parcelstork this afternoon. (Whole family photos to appear soon.) 

Bit of worry about its focuser tube being stuck, but all OK now. 

Like all Equinoxes, baby has a sliding retractable lens hood, rotatable 11:1 scaled Crayford focuser, ED lenses and beautiful black CNC tube with chrome trim. Metal slip over lens lid. 

Only takes 1.25 inch eyepieces. Fairly heavy but noticably less than my 80 Equinox. The tube feels robust in a Tele Vue way, apart from the focuser, which I may replace with a Baader Steeltrack. 

IMG_20180711_160729.jpg

IMG_20180711_160613.jpg

IMG_20180711_160525.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, 25585 said:

Baby Equinox brought by Parcelstork this afternoon. (Whole family photos to appear soon.) 

Tradition says you must now post a family photograph now that baby has arrived safely ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1