SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

3 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

So no need for a grill then, just stick the sausages out of the window for a few minutes and perfect BBQ ?

Safe travels brother

? Hope so, that'll save some money in coals.  Victoria is "strawberry blonde" (ginger to you and I) so she's in panic mode as her factor ginger sun cream may not even work so she could well spontaneously combust.  This is her last summer when she forgot to put the cream on ?

Sunburn.thumb.jpeg.04a56f1ac326430f357b4ec0a38b8f15.jpeg 

Edited by RayD
  • Like 1
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, RayD said:

? Hope so, that'll save some money in coals.  Victoria is "strawberry blonde" (ginger to you and I) so she's in panic mode as her factor ginger sun cream may not even work so she could well spontaneously combust.  This is her last summer when she forgot to put the cream on ?

I just burst into laughter while travelling back home on a packed train after seeing this. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RayD said:

Fair play - she didn't spill a drop of her Pina Colada! :icon_cool:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, JeremyS said:

Hope it works out 25885

Thanks. No contact from APM today. Think I'll stick to UK sold products in future even if they cost more. Too much stress otherwise when things go wrong. ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 25585 said:

Thanks. No contact from APM today. Think I'll stick to UK sold products in future even if they cost more. Too much stress otherwise when things go wrong. ?

I found APM to be fantastic to deal with. Give them time, I’m sure they will sort it for you ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, souls33k3r said:

I just burst into laughter while travelling back home on a packed train after seeing this. 

Im sending that pic to everyone i know. 

Postman brought my rubber mallet and lawn pins yesterday. Too hot to be outside hammering pins into fake grass.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, DRT said:

I found APM to be fantastic to deal with. Give them time, I’m sure they will sort it for you ?

Had a good reply today, so hopefully all will be good. APM and TE are both equal in my estimation with dear "Aunty FLO", so reason to be optimistic. 

23 hours ago, Gina said:

I need Factor 50 sun block too.  I haven't spontaneously combusted yet!! ?

Refreshingly rainy today. The Vale is very humid so I drove up to the Blackdown Hills today, into East Devon where it's cooler. Watched flying at Dunkeswell. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

Just received a Meade LXD55 127 F9. 3 Achromatic hoping give it first light tonight. No finder just a Telrad base lucky I have one.

20180704_115938.jpg

Very nice ?, what mount for it?

Opticstar manual filter wheel. Wasn’t expecting much at the price but thought it would do for now. Surprisingly nice bit of kit though. Well made and moves smoothly and easily and clicks positively into each position. Great value.

However the one bit I didn’t care for was the eyepiece holder. One of those types with a single screw. Had  a TS one with compression ring though that screwed right on. 

Now will do me for a while.  ?

Oh yes will need something to fill it with.  ?  Will just have to see what the postman brings.  ?

F0D794AB-FFB1-45B0-A9EB-29CAE41DC69E.jpeg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Opticstar manual filter wheel. Wasn’t expecting much at the price but thought it would do for now. Surprisingly nice bit of kit though. Well made and moves smoothly and easily and clicks positively into each position. Great value.

However the one bit I didn’t care for was the eyepiece holder. One of those types with a single screw. Had  a TS one with compression ring though that screwed right on. 

Now will do me for a while.  ?

Oh yes will need something to fill it with.  ?  Will just have to see what the postman brings.  ?

F0D794AB-FFB1-45B0-A9EB-29CAE41DC69E.jpeg

I have the exact same one. Does it's job perfectly.

2 hours ago, 25585 said:

Refreshingly rainy today. The Vale is very humid so I drove up to the Blackdown Hills today, into East Devon where it's cooler. Watched flying at Dunkeswell. 

Much better today up in The Blackdown Hills - nice drop of rain and a lot cooler - quite pleasant ? 

Nice cafe at Dunkeswell airfield ??  And great service last time I was there.

Edited by Gina
  • Like 1