Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

Saw someone posted a pic of one of these a while back so thought I'd have one of my own. Don't need dark nights to stare at the moon now!  Bless cheap Chinese manufacturing. ?

_20180701_182111.thumb.JPG.c59b4e4c92364d640971e562a80d4fc0.JPG

• Like 5

Just now, JeremyS said:

When the Moon's around dark nights are destroyed anyway  ?

Ah, but the moon I do lose myself in. (starts humming Ozzy - Bark At The Moon) 

Let's not get too technical,  head not working so well today!! ? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RiponJas said:

Saw someone posted a pic of one of these a while back so thought I'd have one of my own. Don't need dark nights to stare at the moon now!  Bless cheap Chinese manufacturing. ?

_20180701_182111.thumb.JPG.c59b4e4c92364d640971e562a80d4fc0.JPG

Mine never arrived even though the company said it was delivered. Got a full refund. I'll order again because they are stunning. 

14 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

Mine never arrived even though the company said it was delivered. Got a full refund. I'll order again because they are stunning. 

Where did you order from? Geek/wish from China, cheapest and not too bad on delivery time. 

After some discussion here a couple of weeks ago, the Panoptic 24 has arrived. This will form part of my travel package with the Tak FC76DCU.  The Panoptic is much lighter and more compact than my Pentax XL 21 and ES Maxvision  24.

IMG_9783.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Bad karma day SGL. It was the last item on order for my kit to take on holiday. Email sent to APM, so hope exchanging wrong for right can happen quickly. I have bought from them before so feel sure all will be OK.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 25585 said:

Bad karma day SGL. It was the last item on order for my kit to take on holiday. Email sent to APM, so hope exchanging wrong for right can happen quickly. I have bought from them before so feel sure all will be OK.

Hope it works out 25885

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, JeremyS said:

After some discussion here a couple of weeks ago, the Panoptic 24 has arrived. This will form part of my travel package with the Tak FC76DCU.  The Panoptic is much lighter and more compact than my Pentax XL 21 and ES Maxvision  24.

Congratulations Jeremy! 

In my opinion the 24 Pan is one of the best eyepieces ever made, considering its specs, optics, and ergonomics. To the two other eyepieces you already mentioned, I would add the new APM-UFF 24mm. It seems a great rival to the 24 Pan, apart from the size/weight where the 24 Pan wins hands down. 

I recently bought a TV 32 Plossl for my h-alpha solar project and as a potential replacement for my 24 Pan. The TV 32 Plossl is another very fine eyepiece, but I feel it misses that "trilling factor" that the 24 Pan offers. The 24 Pan is a keeper. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Piero said:

Congratulations Jeremy! 

In my opinion the 24 Pan is one of the best eyepieces ever made, considering its specs, optics, and ergonomics. To the two other eyepieces you already mentioned, I would add the new APM-UFF 24mm. It seems a great rival to the 24 Pan, apart from the size/weight where the 24 Pan wins hands down. 

I recently bought a TV 32 Plossl for my h-alpha solar project and as a potential replacement for my 24 Pan. The TV 32 Plossl is another very fine eyepiece, but I feel it misses that "trilling factor" that the 24 Pan offers. The 24 Pan is a keeper. 

Stop it, Piero, You're making me want a Panoptic :rolleyes2: ;) 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

I hear they go very well with Tak FS60’s, Chris  ?

@Lockie 

Owning a TV-60, which has similar specs to the Tak-60, I have to agree with Jeremy... the 24 Pan works VERY well with that scope. ~4.3 deg of sky at ~15x at ~4mm exit pupil. It also works well on many other telescopes.

Edited by Piero
  • Like 2

My recent purchases have been: 

- 30mm APM-UFF

- 32mm TV Plossl (for my h-alpha project)

- 110mm Baader D-ERF (same as above)

when FLO will start selling Quarks, I'll get one from them. ?

Meanwhile, this summer I will visit the post office to dispatch a few things ! ? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Piero said:

@Lockie 

Owning a TV-60, which has similar specs to the Tak-60, I have to agree with Jeremy... the 24 Pan works VERY well with that scope. ~4.3 deg of sky at ~15x at ~4mm exit pupil. It also works well on many other telescopes.

Hmm, very tempting (strokes chin). Ok it's going on the wish list :)  My only concern being the WO dielectric diagonal I use with my Tak. I've heard one account that it will vignette with super wides. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lockie said:

Hmm, very tempting (strokes chin). Ok it's going on the wish list :)  My only concern being the WO dielectric diagonal I use with my Tak. I've heard one account that it will vignette with super wides. 

whats the clear aperture? 

Just now, Piero said:

whats the clear aperture? 

Good thought :) I'll try and get the calipers in to measure it later. Still not gone bed after my night shift, should probably do that first ?

• Like 2