Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

46 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Hmmmm. Exactly what's on the shopping list for next year. They look the same as the Altair/Ts Optic/Starwave type options out there, same manufacturer? Is the FL53 glass worth the extra? Looks very nice regardless. 

Edited by Stardaze
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, johninderby said:

I’ve been looking at that collimator myself. Just waiting for someone else to be the “guinea pig”.

Just a quick question John...when we were talking about collimation yesterday, can you get bobs knobs for the CC secondary to replace the bolt screws?...just curious for the future :)

Mark.

4 minutes ago, callisto said:

Just a quick question John...when we were talking about collimation yesterday, can you get bobs knobs for the CC secondary to replace the bolt screws?...just curious for the future :)

Mark.

They do them for the RC but nothing listed for the CC. Shouldn’t be a problem to measure the screws and find some suitable on eBay.

Edited by johninderby
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, johninderby said:

They do them for the RC but nothing listed for the CC. Shouldn’t be a problem to measure the screws and find some suitable on eBay.

Yeah, should be able to get something to do it 👍

• Thanks 1

Arrived by stork this morning, a baby Tak. And the predicted clouds were in the box..............

Will be fighting for travel spot with Questar, but wins on widefield by miles. Also comes to focus with Q 1.6X as an F/9.4 which will be a bit handy as no screwing and unscrewing required. Seems to sit well on AP mount but can travel with something smaller too. Likely to try it on empty side of AZ100 too. So much to try, so little clear sky to play with!

Added a photo with the Q 1.6X at focus for the curious, surprisingly no other extension required.

IMG_20211119_201844.jpg

IMG_20211119_202317.jpg

IMG_20211121_142325.jpg

Edited by Stephenstargazer
extra photo
  • Like 14

Today I took delivery of a ZWO ASI 183MC Pro courtesy @Grant Fribbens.

Well packaged, and complete.

I was concerned for a moment as this was sold as second hand, but, initial inspection revealed no signs of use and I feared it was a new 2nd 183 that Grant had had and sent accidentally.

Fortunately panic over, I final found a very tiny little mark showing it had been used - what a relief.

:)

Clearoutside indicates cloudless periods tonight.

Packaging and product inspection

IMG_0826.thumb.jpeg.0b336d39e1cf434b5949f303934887c1.jpeg
IMG_0831.thumb.jpeg.0aa69c716ed8ca722cce8aebdbd03dd6.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

Arrived yesterday:

image.png.73753a27dca45f792048fdbb1b2ea02b.png

The 7mm wasn't really the focal length I was after, because...

image.png.f3edd1afbf96c947f7be1761f299765d.png

Oh well. However, I am thinking about getting a binoviewer next year and I'll need something to use in it! Plus this is one of my favourite eyepieces - so now I have a pair of them!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1