Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

29 minutes ago, Franklin said:

I don't think there is one for the synta DEC motor, the Vixen MT-1 were covered themselves. However, you can get one on Ebay, there's someone 3D printing them on there.

I used one of those 3D printed covers on my Vixen GP dec motor (which was a Synta one) and it worked very well for around £10.00.

Edited by John
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Franklin said:

I don't think there is one for the synta DEC motor, the Vixen MT-1 were covered themselves. However, you can get one on Ebay, there's someone 3D printing them on there.

3 hours ago, John said:

I used one of those 3D printed covers on my Vixen GP dec motor (which was a Synta one) and it worked very well for around £10.00.

Thanks guys. Any specific links. I’ve had search but no joy. 
Thx. John 

4 minutes ago, Telescope40 said:

Thanks guys. Any specific links. I’ve had search but no joy. 
Thx. John 

This one has sold but at least you can ID the seller - he / she may well put some more up or maybe could do you one specially ?:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Telescope-EQ5-CG5-Mount-Top-DEC-Motor-Cover-Kit-Black-or-White-/143984702485?nma=true&si=HaPXw%2BNjoJiLKCmMP33yxqr%2Flw0%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

1 minute ago, John said:

Thank you John.  Just the ticket. 
👍👍

A new toy. I had the AZ-GTI and really enjoyed it but needed something which could hold slightly more payload. So a iOptron CEM26 mount and an orange box for the electrics to help with my health and safety when outside. Now on the hunt for a cr2032 battery for the controller.

PXL_20211116_151238078.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dean Hale said:

A new toy. I had the AZ-GTI and really enjoyed it but needed something which could hold slightly more payload. So a iOptron CEM26 mount and an orange box for the electrics to help with my health and safety when outside. Now on the hunt for a cr2032 battery for the controller.

+1 for the orange box. 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dean Hale said:

A new toy. I had the AZ-GTI and really enjoyed it but needed something which could hold slightly more payload. So a iOptron CEM26 mount and an orange box for the electrics to help with my health and safety when outside.

That's a lovely looking mount and quite an upgrade... enjoy 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

That's a lovely looking mount and quite an upgrade... enjoy 😀

Thank you. It feels solid. Would like to upgrade the saddle when back in stock but pleased. Really Don't get the controller (hopefully in time) like a throwback to the 80s. Classic Casio feeling.

Edited by Dean Hale
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dean Hale said:

Don't get the controller (hopefully in time) like a throwback to the 80s. Classic Casio feeling.

I've got the iOptron AZ Mount Pro, with a similar controller (the 8407, which also includes a handy little red LED light) and actually it's really rather good, once you get used to it... dead handy for quick "grab and go" GoTo sessions.

However, as yours also has WiFi too, then grab a copy of SkySafari Pro on a tablet/phone and you'll be able to use that to control the mount, which is really cool 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HollyHound said:

However, as yours also has WiFi too, then grab a copy of SkySafari Pro on a tablet/phone and you'll be able to use that to control the mount, which is really cool

Thanks @HollyHound I didn't know that. I have the app so shall give it a go. 1 question ticked off. Several dozen more upcoming in the other channels soon for you helpful lot to answer. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dean Hale said:

Very nice Dean :thumbsup:

I recently acquired a used CEM25...I love it, but mine hasn't got built in wi fi so I purchased the adapter from FLO...have yet to use it with SkySafari 🤔

Mark :)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, callisto said:

I recently acquired a used CEM25...I love it, but mine hasn't got built in wi fi so I purchased the adapter from FLO...have yet to use it with SkySafari 🤔

@callisto That's good to know. Read quite a few reviews mostly (from another forum but by Jove it's hard work).  Sure it be be fine and the amateur in me will get by.

• Like 3