Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

19 minutes ago, callisto said:

Very nice Neil 👍

I've got the T/S version...love it 😊

Enjoy,

Mark.

Thanks Mark much appreciated. Was hard to tell collimation, in the house with colli cap and flashlight down the tube, it looked central hoping outside in the blue sky it will be easier to see. How did you check ? is the daytime easier to see do you know ? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, johninderby said:

So it has arrived. 🥳🥳🥳

They usualy arrive well collimated although may need a minor tweek for the best imaging..

As per the question to Mark previous post John was hard to tell. but with colli cap the black circle looked central inside the larger white circle. Thanks John 

Edited by neil phillips

52 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Thanks Mark much appreciated. Was hard to tell collimation, in the house with colli cap and flashlight down the tube, it looked central hoping outside in the blue sky it will be easier to see. How did you check ? is the daytime easier to see do you know ? 

Believe it or not Neil, It was so well collimated when I received it I haven't touched it 🤞  😊

I've only had time for some very quick views of the moon but I must say...Fantastic!

I've seen this little gadget, think it will be ok for the cc so might give it a try 🤔   https://www.firstlightoptics.com/other-collimation-tools/ts-2-inch-led-rc-collimator.html

Mark.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, callisto said:

Believe it or not Neil, It was so well collimated when I received it I haven't touched it 🤞  😊

I've only had time for some very quick views of the moon but I must say...Fantastic!

I've seen this little gadget, think it will be ok for the cc so might give it a try 🤔   https://www.firstlightoptics.com/other-collimation-tools/ts-2-inch-led-rc-collimator.html

Mark.

Yeah i think John said similar it was collimated on delivery. Cheers for the link. Hoping to get some lunar light on it soon. See what it can do.

Thanks Mark

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, callisto said:

Mark.

I’ve been looking at that collimator myself. Just waiting for someone else to be the “guinea pig”. 😁

Oh dear just found it in stock. 😁

https://www.365astronomy.com/most-popular/all-products/ts-optics-2-led-collimator-for-rc-telescopes-and-all-other-types-of-telescopes

Edited by johninderby
  • Haha 1

I'm a sucker for gadgets but this looks pretty good!

As my newt is quite a sensitive soul to collimate and my eyesight is rubbish through small holes due to intraocular replacments several years ago 

I have had an Ocal electronic focuser arrive today! makes life much easier.

i tried making one from a web cam a while back but it was never very accurate so when this popped up I thought I would give it a go

nicely made unit the software is a little basic but it does what it says on the tin.

20211118_203654.jpg

• Like 11

24 minutes ago, CedricTheBrave said:

As my newt is quite a sensitive soul to collimate and my eyesight is rubbish through small holes due to intraocular replacments several years ago 

I have had an Ocal electronic focuser arrive today! makes life much easier.

i tried making one from a web cam a while back but it was never very accurate so when this popped up I thought I would give it a go

nicely made unit the software is a little basic but it does what it says on the tin.

20211118_203654.jpg

Would be very interested to hear how this works out, could be tempted.

👍

1 hour ago, CedricTheBrave said:

Same here.  I think there were two in stock from Flo and I got the other one 😂. Photos attached to show what collimating an SCT looks like. Pretty simple and I’m really pleased with it.

FA39590C-4919-4650-B5D9-605C6FBE5CDA.jpeg

01666D2A-C677-45C8-BD3A-DC528A5DE57C.jpeg

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, Priesters said:

Same here.  I think there were two in stock from Flo and I got the other one 😂. Photos attached to show what collimating an SCT looks like. Pretty simple and I’m really pleased with it.

FA39590C-4919-4650-B5D9-605C6FBE5CDA.jpeg

01666D2A-C677-45C8-BD3A-DC528A5DE57C.jpeg

This is a brilliant little gadget, straining ones eye through pinholes is so last decade.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Newforestgimp said:

Would be very interested to hear how this works out, could be tempted.

👍

it makes the whole thing much easier. my eyes really struggle with a cheshre i have tried many. just a slight movement to one side for me makes it really tough. but this little thing really helps. you can zoom right in and adjust the focus on screen so you can cange the focus from the secondary to primary etc.

really pleased with mine

• Like 1