Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

26 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

Thanks. I've read various posts (yours included) that indicate the same, and indeed TeleVue talk about the sets of 21, 13, 8 or 17, 10, 6... so after playing with just the 21 and 13 over the last few nights in my 10" dob, I'm convinced I should be able to manage with just these three for most of my viewing in that scope... switch to XWs for anything else 👍

I've also got a couple of Hyperion 2" extension rings, so that I can keep them all as 2" eyepieces, which will also help in a session... just need to work out if I need to adjust the Paracorr now for those 🤔

It's funny how you can happily get by with fewer focal lengths when you use 100 degree eyepieces. I'm not quite sure why it is, but that is how I've found it :icon_scratch:

Probably just as well, given the cost of the things ! :rolleyes2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, John said:

It's funny how you can happily get by with fewer focal lengths when you use 100 degree eyepieces. I'm not quite sure why it is, but that is how I've found it :icon_scratch:

Probably just as well, given the cost of the things ! :rolleyes2:

That’s one in each pocket and one in the telescope. Need a big pocket for the 21 though 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

Just when I thought I didn't need any new gear...

Bino Bandit, comes along and tempts me.

Consider me tempted. FLO are the only company that ship them to Ireland. Bino Bandit gets great reviews online.

SWMBO said " What you gettin them for?, I've never seen you use binoculars". I said "It will get me outside, and away from you".

Anyone got a spare room?. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, HollyHound said:

Thanks. I've read various posts (yours included) that indicate the same, and indeed TeleVue talk about the sets of 21, 13, 8 or 17, 10, 6... so after playing with just the 21 and 13 over the last few nights in my 10" dob, I'm convinced I should be able to manage with just these three for most of my viewing in that scope... switch to XWs for anything else 👍

I've also got a couple of Hyperion 2" extension rings, so that I can keep them all as 2" eyepieces, which will also help in a session... just need to work out if I need to adjust the Paracorr now for those 🤔

I find more and more that I tend to reach mainly for my 32,15 and 8mm EPs. Pretty much covers everything.

• Like 2

what did the postman bring? does this include DPD, Got my nice  QHY  polemaster from First light optics .Arrived Tuesday, wanted to try it before posting this, and yes it is as good as the reviews suggest, thanks  to FLO for quick dispatch and easy ordering,  Much happy person in Essex, 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, A McEwan said:

Just a diagonal for me. Well, a Baader Zeiss prism (BBHS) T-2 diagonal body which I'll be using in all my refractors from now on. It arrived with mist as well as clouds!

Ant

I have the 2”. Pretty much the same. They are excellent. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A McEwan said:

Just a diagonal for me. Well, a Baader Zeiss prism (BBHS) T-2 diagonal body which I'll be using in all my refractors from now on. It arrived with mist as well as clouds!

Ant

Excellent diagonal - I use one with my FC100-DL :icon_biggrin:

• Like 2

And this all arrived today, also from @FLO

Rowan AZ100 mount, 2x Dual Saddles, Tilt/Pan Handle, DSC tray and Counterweight Bar

and direct from Rowan... an EQ5 tripod adaptor 👍

Not setup yet, but this mount head feels so well engineered and smooth in operation 😃

678DB02F-08EC-4FFA-B6DB-14537C97B622.jpeg

8018B0AD-C0DF-485E-A22A-CAFD0BB880BB.jpeg

9EACFC5A-9990-4D63-9D60-0BAB8572E1F6.jpeg

• Like 17

On 01/03/2021 at 17:57, John said:

Congratulations on the Ethos 8mm. It's one that I use very often with my 12 inch dob. It gives 199x in that and still shows half a degree of sky :icon_biggrin:

I've often said that I skip straight from 21mm, over the 17mm focal length, to 13mm, but in all honesty the "skip" is quite often straight to the 8mm.

Which is your favourite of the 3 John, out of interest?
I’m saving a little and a bit torn between either upgrading the 13, buying the 6, or buying some Apollo 15x30’s. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HollyHound said:

And this all arrived today, also from @FLO

Rowan AZ100 mount, 2x Dual Saddles, Tilt/Pan Handle, DSC tray and Counterweight Bar

and direct from Rowan... an EQ5 tripod adaptor 👍

Not setup yet, but this mount head feels so well engineered and smooth in operation 😃

678DB02F-08EC-4FFA-B6DB-14537C97B622.jpeg

8018B0AD-C0DF-485E-A22A-CAFD0BB880BB.jpeg

9EACFC5A-9990-4D63-9D60-0BAB8572E1F6.jpeg

Yes.. a proper mount. The final upgrade. Congratulations. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, callisto said:

A nice Atlas recommended by Mark at Beaufort :icon_salut:

Mark

moon1.jpg

Excellent choice - my copy is heavily used.

I love the way the authors invite you to question how things were formed and why they might be as they are. Takes you on a real voyage of discovery !

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dantooine said:

Yes.. a proper mount. The final upgrade. Congratulations. 

Thanks... I've set it up in the office, mounted the StellaLyra CC 6" and my little ST80 (as a dual scope finder) and it's superb... the smoothness of operation is lovely, a bit like a super refined version of the ScopeTech Zero (which in itself is fantastic), but with massive payload capability. The EQ5 tripod adaptor worked perfectly and it's now on the Uni 28, where it will stay 🙂

Just need some clear skies again, to get it outside and then formally join the AZ100 owners club.... looking at some other new owner reports, it's very much as we all hoped for... well worth it, and as you say, I think this is "the final mount". I suspect your AZ8 is very much the same👍

Edited by HollyHound

On 14/02/2021 at 19:09, Carl Au said:

This weeks new toy, new Barlow for me

BAADER.jpg

On having some time to play with this thing now I am impressed, I have been able to crank it up full volume during lunar observations everytime I have been out. So much additional detail available with an image deteriation. I should have bought one of these years ago...oh the wasted years...

• Like 2