SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

Bought a Red Dot finder from Omegon for my dslr to help me find targets easier. The hotshoe adaptor I had already didn't fit but made it work easy enough by removing the foot and then attaching.

reddot.jpg

finder.jpg

finder3.jpg

Edited by BlueStinger
  • Like 8

Parts 2 and 3 of my mid-life crisis arrived today, a lovely AZ5 mount (thanks @Dean Hale!) and a new 150P Explorer.

Unfortunately the shop didn't ship the EPs, Finder and Barlow with the Scope, so I'm waiting to hear back from them about that!

But still, my master plan is taking shape! Next up is a bolt to connect my Meade Field Tripod to the AZ5...

Skywatcher AZ5.jpg

Skywatcher Explorer 150P.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

So, here's what was in the box - an Extender Q 1.6x for the FC100. My f7.4 just grew into an f11.8!

It all looked a bit complicated to put together, with conflicting diagrams online, so hopefully someone can tell me if this looks right? Drawtube connector - Extender Q 1.6x - VAri-tube (L) - Visual adapter - 1.25" eyepiece holder - diagonal.  I have a vari-tube (L) and vari-tube (s) left over.

Ant   :) 

extenderQ_1.jpg

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Parts 2 and 3 of my mid-life crisis arrived today, a lovely AZ5 mount (thanks @Dean Hale!) and a new 150P Explorer.

Unfortunately the shop didn't ship the EPs, Finder and Barlow with the Scope, so I'm waiting to hear back from them about that!

But still, my master plan is taking shape! Next up is a bolt to connect my Meade Field Tripod to the AZ5...

Skywatcher AZ5.jpg

A nice combo. The viewing position is perfect if you don't mind standing and the slomos are well placed for use with a small newt. Enjoy. 👍

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, A McEwan said:

So, here's what was in the box - an Extender Q 1.6x for the FC100. My f7.4 just grew into an f11.8!

It all looked a bit complicated to put together, with conflicting diagrams online, so hopefully someone can tell me if this looks right? Drawtube connector - Extender Q 1.6x - VAri-tube (L) - Visual adapter - 1.25" eyepiece holder - diagonal.  I have a vari-tube (L) and vari-tube (s) left over.

Ant   :) 

extenderQ_1.jpg

Looks about right. The section on the left below is what I use in my FS 100. (With Tak prism diagonal) The other bits are surplus

image.thumb.jpg.e90f61cc666afe3ac0975554570fe9f4.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, A McEwan said:

That looks reassuringly similar, JeremyS! The FLO box was correct - it did also contain clouds.

Ant

That is one fine piece of glass Ant 👍🏻
I see they have updated the labelling since I got mine. Good to see the Takahashi name on it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jasonb said:

Skywatcher AZ5.jpg

That’s going to work well. 

2 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

A nice combo. The viewing position is perfect if you don't mind standing and the slomos are well placed for use with a small newt. Enjoy. 👍

Lucky about the slo mo’s. I find I can’t reach mine easily with my 200. I have to hug it to move it. Hope nobody sees me 🤣

On 24/02/2021 at 08:59, johninderby said:

Box opened. 🙂

Will start a new thread I think. “Tecnosky 125/975 F7.8 FPL-53 Doublet APO - First Look”

FA074938-D75D-4B3C-BFBF-F59DE574C206.jpeg

Hi John,

Since you mentioned you were getting a 5" Apo I've pulled my ES127 Triplet Apo out of storage (to evaluate it for sale) and I've been absolutely loving it alongside the CC8".  Good call!  The stars are such sparkly diamonds and the contrast is divine.  127 Apo and CC8 on an Ercole Giro are now my main rig :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Commanderfish said:

Hi John,

Since you mentioned you were getting a 5" Apo I've pulled my ES127 Triplet Apo out of storage (to evaluate it for sale) and I've been absolutely loving it alongside the CC8".  Good call!  The stars are such sparkly diamonds and the contrast is divine.  127 Apo and CC8 on an Ercole Giro are now my main rig :)

The Tecnosky 125 and CC8 on the AZ100. 👍🏻

9D880E9E-3F32-4D14-BDBA-5270FB33A8F4.jpeg

• Like 10