Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

52 minutes ago, reezeh said:

I wondered if how good a filter wheel would be for visual 

More common for dobs, main issue is having enough back focus. Since my Baader T2 prism is lacking in that should split the difference. Filter wheels are better than trays in they keep dew off the filter. Long discussions on CN on pros and cons. Cost is also less than trays. Limitation is a tray can be swapped between scopes.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TerryJ said:

the FLO sticker on the box gives some hope

Mine doesn't :(.....Anyway, this was posted through my door this morning, a WO long dovetail plate.....Am I the only one who thinks this is a thing of beauty 😍  😁

dv1.jpg

dv2.jpg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, callisto said:

Mine doesn't :(.....Anyway, this was posted through my door this morning, a WO long dovetail plate.....Am I the only one who thinks this is a thing of beauty 😍  😁

dv1.jpg

dv2.jpg

It’s is a thing of beauty, don’t scratch it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, callisto said:

dv1.jpg

I like shinny things. I have been known to look at my stuff in appreciation from time to time, lol. 

• Haha 2

Another day, another new toy, cheap Svbony guide scope. When this arrived my wife's said 'Is that you're new telescope?'. Had to explain that this is a telescope to go on top of my new telescope.😂 She didn't even bother to ask any more questions

PXL_20210216_110841919.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Daf1983 said:

She didn't even bother to ask any more questions

🤔 do you think our wives know each other? I get the same reaction. Although, I tried to explain the concept of flat frames.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wimvb said:

🤔 do you think our wives know each other? I get the same reaction. Although, I tried to explain the concept of flat frames.

Sounds familiar! To be fair, I've had something delivered almost every day for the past week, I think a ''small telescope to put on top of main telescope'' was the final straw! Especially as I had a ''2nd camera to make sure the first camera is pointing in the right direction'' delivered yesterday🙈

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Daf1983 said:

Sounds familiar! To be fair, I've had something delivered almost every day for the past week, I think a ''small telescope to put on top of main telescope'' was the final straw! Especially as I had a ''2nd camera to make sure the first camera is pointing in the right direction'' delivered yesterday🙈

A camera to make sure your other camera is calibrated. Thats a genius excuse for owning two cameras. 

Myself and Lorna have separate bank accounts. Not planning on changing that when we are married.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

A camera to make sure your other camera is calibrated. Thats a genius excuse for owning two cameras. 

Myself and Lorna have separate bank accounts. Not planning on changing that when we are married.

We also have separate bank accounts but my card gets used even when it’s not with me. It seems to go for days out all on its own. Clever technology 🙄

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Dantooine said:

We also have separate bank accounts but my card gets used even when it’s not with me. It seems to go for days out all on its own. Clever technology 🙄

I know the feeling. Herself is under the delusion that I'm a millionaire. 

Edited by LukeSkywatcher
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, johninderby said:

A little something for the Tecnosky 125/975 F7.8 due next week. 🤞🏻

Good solid bit of kit this, had one briefly before realising it was overkill on the StellaMira 80mm, but perfect for your new refractor 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dantooine said:

I keep thinking about one. Would you say there are advantages over the vixens?

Rigidity for larger scopes I think is the advantage... I believe there is less "flexing". However, for lighter scopes this is likely not an issue 👍

• Thanks 1

Just now, HollyHound said:

Rigidity for larger scopes I think is the advantage... I believe there is less "flexing". However, for lighter scopes this is likely not an issue 👍

😁 I’m just looking for my next fix now I’ve completed my eyepieces.