SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

A Losmandy GM8 SPDV Universal Clamp for my lightweight Manfrotto 405 / Berlebach Report setup. The Losmandy saddle is compact but not too short like the ADM or Primaluce offerings and just the right size for this setup.. 👍🏻

1B122C26-523C-476E-A9F1-1DE93B38909E.jpeg

6EB295EC-E029-4B9D-92B0-6A74D5BFD3AA.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Afternoon all.

By Bresser AR102S arrived in great condition today courtesy of @Commanderfish - I now wait patiently for my mount & tripod to arrive. And even more patiently for the weather to improve!!! 

Im now going to knock on the door of the *frac owners club thread* and see if they finally let me in 🙂

Regards

Baz

DSC_1248.JPG

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

Afternoon all.

By Bresser AR102S arrived in great condition today courtesy of @Commanderfish - I now wait patiently for my mount & tripod to arrive. And even more patiently for the weather to improve!!! 

Im now going to knock on the door of the *frac owners club thread* and see if they finally let me in 🙂

Regards

Baz

DSC_1248.JPG

You will be welcomed with open arms 🤣

Looks super 👍🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My newest and last eyepiece for my humble collection from the wonderful Telescope Service in Germany. (TMB clone?) Ordered on Monday it arrived today Wednesday before lunchtime, amazing.  Excellent build quality, I love the well engineered metal twist up eye cup, I will review this 2 incher properly when I get the oppertunity. 

Incidentally I have yet to be hit with any hidden taxes or addittional charges for any astro kit I have bought since Brexit. I am a miminalist in life as I am with my astro kit so since I have everything I need for night time observations so I won't be buying anymore more kit now as I have everything I need (Although I would quite like a Herschel wedge at somepoint, Birthday or Christmas perhaps?) I would not hessiate to buy from TS in Germany again as long as the price is right, as it was in this case. 

20210217_131842.jpg

Edited by Carl Au
  • Like 13

59 minutes ago, Carl Au said:

My newest and last eyepiece for my humble collection from the wonderful Telescope Service in Germany. (TMB clone?) Ordered on Monday it arrived today Wednesday before lunchtime, amazing.  Excellent build quality, I love the well engineered metal twist up eye cup, I will review this 2 incher properly when I get the oppertunity. 

Incidentally I have yet to be hit with any hidden taxes or addittional charges for any astro kit I have bought since Brexit. I am a miminalist in life as I am with my astro kit so since I have everything I need for night time observations so I won't be buying anymore more kit now as I have everything I need (Although I would quite like a Herschel wedge at somepoint, Birthday or Christmas perhaps?) I would not hessiate to buy from TS in Germany again as long as the price is right, as it was in this case. 

20210217_131842.jpg

Very nice and a very popular eyepieces. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Didn't you get the clear spot last night?
Not best seeing, but always any seeing is welcome at present!

Yep, it was OK here for a while. Enough for a good lunar session, a couple of doubles and M42 again before the cloud thickened.

Anyway, enough of this frivolity. 😄 Time to put my serious sciencey head on and read the stuff! 🧐

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Didn't you get the clear spot last night?
Not best seeing, but always any seeing is welcome at present!

Trouble is Alan sometimes these brief moments are not fitting in very well with my shift times.

I’m all for quick setting up for an hour or so but lately it’s just not been going my way to be honest. Just have to give priority to my work life or I’d be a zombie 🧟‍♂️ 
I just kept telling myself “hey, one day soon”. My consolation is I know what’s up there isn’t going anywhere soon- a bit like all of us at the moment 🤣

The main thing for me is that I was lucky enough to get some really good views of mars. Nothing can take that away not even this bloody virus 😉

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, laudropb said:

Finally got round to unpacking the boxes. Unfortunately we are getting some building work done at the moment, so I could not set it all up. Full pictures will be shown in the AZ100 dedicated site.

Oh wow, that's an amazing lot of lovely equipment right there... the full house of AZ100 kit 👍

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 2

Two more eyepieces to add to the "minimal" set I had planned, that's now turning into two "minimal" sets 😮

Is it possible to have just one Ethos... please tell me they like living alone 🤞🤣

Pentax_XW3.5_and_TeleVue_Ethos_13.jpg

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, laudropb said:

Finally got round to unpacking the boxes. Unfortunately we are getting some building work done at the moment, so I could not set it all up. Full pictures will be shown in the AZ100 dedicated site.

Looks fantastic. I can smell the Berlebach wood from here 👍🏻
“The building work” - not an observatory by any chance. 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

Two more eyepieces to add to the "minimal" set I had planned, that's now turning into two "minimal" sets 😮

Is it possible to have just one Ethos... please tell me they like living alone 🤞🤣

Pentax_XW3.5_and_TeleVue_Ethos_13.jpg

Lovely 👍🏻
I think we all know the answer to you q about the Ethos 🤣

• Like 1
  • Sad 1