Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

21 minutes ago, laudropb said:

I am just wondering g how to charge it. What do you use

you can use a usb phone charger or pc. or aux plug to cigar lighter

serge has done a ace tutorial on you tube. just put in astro devices

On 17/02/2021 at 16:58, HollyHound said:

Two more eyepieces to add to the "minimal" set I had planned, that's now turning into two "minimal" sets 😮

Is it possible to have just one Ethos... please tell me they like living alone 🤞🤣

Pentax_XW3.5_and_TeleVue_Ethos_13.jpg

Wow.. you got the 13. You will love that one. My personal favourite. Whatever you put it in it’s fantastic. Welcome to the £600 eyepieces club 👍

the “cheap” ones not too bad either 🤣😂🤣

Edited by Dantooine
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, johninderby said:

It’s already too heavy to lift. 🙀  When finished will need a hydraulic lift table to lift it up to work on it and ramps to load it onto the table. About 170kg when finished. 🙀

Well worth the effort. Good investment. 

10 hours ago, Dantooine said:

Wow.. you got the 13. You will love that one. My personal favourite. Whatever you put it in it’s fantastic.

I did also get a chance to use it on Thursday night in the 10” dob and the views were indeed stunning. 

Having the extended field of view does make life easier on the dob, as stars were totally sharp and free of any aberration at all right to the edge (using Paracorr), which was incredible 😃

The Delos 14 was my most used eyepiece, so it made sense to go for the Ethos 13.

I’m very glad to have been introduced to ultra wide with your APM 20, so thanks again for that 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LeeHore7 said:

Courtesy of Adam at RVO and the DHL driver, my new lighter 6x30 sw finderscope for my skymax 127 az gti, a better weight balance for my set up now and still a lovely view through the fs, well happy. 

IMG_20210220_135619.jpg

It’s good to be happy 😃 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dantooine said:

You should print a fitting so a Rigel will fit a standard finderscope shoe. 

I haven’t got a rigel or a standard finder shoe though 😉 I’ve got a red dot that fits on a picatinny rail and an old Tal finder that has its own weird mount- the rectangular bits were meant for the Tal finder but i’m not sure i’m going to use it  now

12 minutes ago, markse68 said:

I haven’t got a rigel or a standard finder shoe though 😉 I’ve got a red dot that fits on a picatinny rail and an old Tal finder that has its own weird mount- the rectangular bits were meant for the Tal finder but i’m not sure i’m going to use it  now

I bet that people that have got Rigel would pay for that type of fitting 😉

• Like 1