SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

Today the postman should have been bringing my ZWO ASI290mm mini and a new celestron nexstar + hand control but apparently there's too much snow so they're not going to bother. Meanwhile DHL are confident they'll deliver my new laptop sometime this afternoon. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by jacko61

Well, after saying they weren't coming, the Royal Mail just delivered my ZWO ASI290MM mini. Smaller than I was expecting but I guess that's why it's a 'mini' :)  And my new Dell imaging laptop just arrived too.  Think It's going to be a fun evening downloading software. 

Graeme

• Like 5

After a slight delay due to snow, a extension for my 8mm Ethos along with 2 Baader Zooms for the bino and a fringe benefit due to the parts included with Baaders modular philosophy  👍

Have to wonder how FLO got the zooms though as they are still not showing as instock on Baader's website, as ever exemplary service from the FLO Team 👍

Not needing the 2 inch safety kerf nosepieces, i fitted 1 to the 2" BBHS diagonal - undercut no more.

The televue extension did not come with a dustcap 😒  i can use a spare one from the Mk4 zooms though 😁

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Greymouser said:

Got these today, which was very pleasing. Now I just need to try them out... :smiley:

1489075470_IMG_20210211_133539_0-Copy.thumb.jpg.2b30d0e38daf1c8ac51a69751924fbd0.jpg

Tell me, will I be doomed as soon as I try out the green and black thingy? :rolleyes2:

Its an unwritten rule of the community to send hearts as soon as someone shows the poison green.  💚🖤

• Like 4

T2-M26x0.75 & lock ring for WO binoviewers arrived today. Expected delivery was 2-3 months, but arrived in less than 3 weeks from rafcamera in Russia. Should shorten my focal length by 35mm. Will be touch & go if it will reach focus without GPC in my 80mm frac. 

1D0C6044-1342-4963-97EB-237F2B078218.png

47351A8B-284E-4C84-8C5B-A6BAFAE0B7BE.jpeg

• Like 7

Seeing a Delite 11mm in the classifieds (thanks Tony) was too much of a temptation. Got another for lunar and planetary binoviewing. Despite a relatively modest 62 degree fov, they seem significantly wider when binoviewing, and beautifully sharp to the field stop. 

6BBB3D6A-F5A4-4130-BDD6-8172C4634712.jpeg

• Like 9

Today I received a couple of jigsaws. Each are 1000 pcs.  Both astro related. Only problem is thatthey came in a generic box. I have no picture of either, apart from the tiny one on the site I bought them from. The other jigsaw is Starry Night (my favourite painting).

71YA19FWRXL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

740404-the-starry-night-jigsaw-puzzle-1.jpg

Edited by LukeSkywatcher
  • Like 11

4 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

Today I received a couple of jigsaws. Each are 1000 pcs.  One is astro related.

Impressive.  The ISS is in orbit above Mars, the shuttle is landing on the Moon, astronauts are racing moon buggies and the Earth appears to be responsible for the hole in the middle of NGC6369 :D

At least the comet tails are pointing away from the Sun :)

James

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

Today I received a couple of jigsaws. Each are 1000 pcs.  Both astro related.

Hmm. It's not really giving a true impression of scale is it!

I like a good jigsaw. Reminds me of Christmas.

Have we had Christmas yet?

cheers

gaj

18 minutes ago, gajjer said:

Hmm. It's not really giving a true impression of scale is it!

I like a good jigsaw. Reminds me of Christmas.

Have we had Christmas yet?

cheers

gaj

Nah, its 10 months away. I do jigsaws all year round. Some of them i glue and frame them and hang on the wall.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

4 hours ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

Today I received a couple of jigsaws. Each are 1000 pcs.  Both astro related. Only problem is thatthey came in a generic box. I have no picture of either, apart from the tiny one on the site I bought them from.

That tickled my sense of humour Paul, at least its not a baked beans puzzle.
A good way to keep entertained.

Hope you and Lorna are keeping OK, long time no exchange a hello.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Highburymark said:

Seeing a Delite 11mm in the classifieds (thanks Tony) was too much of a temptation. Got another for lunar and planetary binoviewing. Despite a relatively modest 62 degree fov, they seem significantly wider when binoviewing, and beautifully sharp to the field stop. 

6BBB3D6A-F5A4-4130-BDD6-8172C4634712.jpeg

Wish the 11mm Type-6 could still be had new. Al says it ain't happening, alas.

• Like 1

On 09/02/2021 at 19:05, mce said:

Pure nostalgia here. This was my first astro book, back in the 1960s, but I lost it somewhere. So for the sake of a little over 2 pounds ...

00D1D94E-B098-4DEF-A019-E959034C1056_1_105_c.jpeg.f98aff470dbeb4251f1c499411083b4e.jpeg

There"s nothing like old books and nostalgia 😍

• Like 2

On 12/02/2021 at 16:25, Deadlake said:

A filter wheel, no more fumbling around with filters in the cold night. Always fun making sure they don't drop out. Also bit more back focus for larger EPs.

IMG_4167.jpeg

IMG_4168.jpeg

I wondered if how good a filter wheel would be for visual