Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

1 hour ago, F15Rules said:

Yes, great little bits of kit, a (very) "poor man's feathertouch!"🤣🙃

I must have bought about 8 or 10 of these over the past decade, kept selling them on, but always eventually realised I need one again. The one I have now isn't going anywhere, and as I write is outside, attached to my FS128 via my Baader T2 prism awaiting full darkness in the next half hour or so..:thumbsup:

Dave

Yes indeed. I’m not quite in the same league but suspect this is my fourth now!

I used it again tonight on the Moon, Venus and Izar; works very nicely, just what the scope needed to finish it off. Oh, although I have just ordered a pair of rings so that I can mount it on a proper dovetail they will appear on here soon if I remember.

• Like 1

Not expected until Tuesday from Amazon. A camera bag to store the Skymax 102. £20 cheaper than a telescope bag. The scope just about fits. The bag's nicely padded, with room for a diagonal in the internal lid pocket.

684853560_IMG_20200426_1333263162.thumb.jpg.29f72e65fc1f3f5e88cf2d870a58b265.jpg2084251103_IMG_20200426_1333550242.thumb.jpg.bbb912b6a6a6328bc622d170cd6c16f8.jpg

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Gina said:

That was my first scope 😀

Did it serve you well? I was looking for something to view both planets and some brighter DSOs ... hoping this fits the bill but at the price I'll be happy if I end up using it just to master the basics.

Yes, it was a good first scope for the price.  I captured my first image of Saturn with it and a webcam.  Nothing great but it was wonderful to me and never to be forgotten.  I bought the version with a motor drive but wasn't very impressed with that so made my own.  Good luck with it and have a great time.

I have wanted to purchase this Sky Guide for some time to match my Interstellarum Deep Sky Atlas. I often wished that I could check the individual object and see a sketch etc which this book provides. This Guide normally sells for £70 approx but it is on special offer from Wordery at £34.66 + free delivery.

Arrived very quick with the atlas still sealed. Able to cross check the Atlas + Guide using the same page number.

star atlas.jpg

• Like 4

On 25/04/2020 at 18:44, johninderby said:

Found on my doorstep tonight when Amazon delivered. Postie didn’t leave a note or ring the doorbell so must have been sitting there all day. 

Baader fine tuning ring to use as 2” nosepiece with the adapter received earlier this week. Now can give the camera a try in a scope. 👍🏻

3A7EA781-A467-4D9A-B7AF-8DFB4C1C436E.jpeg

BA7AF558-61A5-42A8-AA6E-19094EFAFD83.jpeg

You were lucky that it wasn't pinched! 😱

Delivered yesterday, the Rowan HEQ5 belt mod kit.  So I shall be doing that at the earliest available opportunity.  I will need a new way to frighten the night-time wildlife away from the observatory :)

James

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, merlin100 said:

You were lucky that it wasn't pinched! 😱

Fortunately they are a pretty good lot around here. 🙂

The other day found a bottle of hand wash on the door step with a note saying I’d mentioned I was running low. Also was intending to repair the guttering on the front of the garage only to find someone had carried out a temporary repair for me.. No idea who did it but that’s pretty normal for this cul-de-sac. 🙂👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Edited by johninderby

2 hours ago, johninderby said:

Fortunately they are a pretty good lot around here. 🙂

The other day found a bottle of hand wash on the door step with a note saying I’d mentioned I was running low. Also was intending to repair the guttering on the front of the garage only to find someone had carried out a temporary repair for me.. No idea who did it but that’s pretty normal for this cul-de-sac. 🙂👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

When you're done with your neighbours, can you send them round to me.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Moodtastic said:

Sorry everyone.

On Sunday (when the weather was still sunny) I decided to order a Lunt 50mm solar telescope as it was on offer at FLO. 

Predictably the weather has turned to heavy rain with no sign of the sun.

Congrats on the new shelf ornament....errr solar scope. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My 80mm rings arrived from TS today. They look very nice, although annoyingly they were missing a strip of felt from one half.

I have contacted TS to see what to do, but in the mean time have fitted two strips of some thinner felt which makes about the same thickness overall so I can hopefully use them straight away.

They seem nice quality, but also lightweight which is good.

I also got a Vixen handle to fit to  my Vixen FL102S which seems very solid, Hope it fits!

DBE590EF-B908-4E2E-98CD-BA1D434624DA.jpeg

D94A7BBA-CC8D-4CFA-AF6B-99CC30AA5F35.jpeg

4A821C47-0EEE-4B51-A060-56EE84EC47DA.jpeg

4A576160-6E86-4010-8BC2-82B0F86F31B0.jpeg

• Like 3

I'm truly sorry to inform you all that I've been tested positive with Chromavirus. This bug is real and it's here to stay. The effects of this strain is teary eyes for months. Let's hope I do recover soon. Any way here's a picture of the Chromavirus

IMG_20200429_142354.thumb.jpg.2834b7ae0df596f33d2f698d347999a1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, souls33k3r said:

I'm truly sorry to inform you all that I've been tested positive with Chromavirus. This bug is real and it's here to stay. The effects of this strain is teary eyes for months. Let's hope I do recover soon. Any way here's a picture of the Chromavirus

IMG_20200429_142354.thumb.jpg.2834b7ae0df596f33d2f698d347999a1.jpg

You don’t know how close I was to the ‘hide’ button before I twigged...... 🤣

• Haha 4