Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

1 hour ago, John said:

My delivery was actually yesterday but I thought a picture of it fitted was more interesting than the box !

Berlebach "spreader stopper" for my Uni 28 tripod:

P1090617.JPG.71bff05a8a807ffebd7ea83c9d558074.JPG

Hhmm. Looks familiar. Let me think ! 
John 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markse68 said:

Hi Stu, yes I believe so- it says Telementor 2 on the box. I bought it unseen and am umming  and ahhing whether to keep or return it as it has a few issues. It’s obviously been stored in a loft for decades and all the optics had crusted on dust- it cleaned off fairly ok but there’s a few specs in the coatings of the objective. Hoping for a gap in the clouds tonight to give it first light before deciding. But it is a gorgeous thing and I totally get now why some become Telementalists having actually seen and held  one in the flesh 😉

I had a previous one which actually had some slight damage to the coatings but that had no noticeable effect on the performance. Point it at some doubles and enjoy those star shapes! I sold one before but missed it so have one back again now, great fun little scopes.

• Like 1

Well this is what the postman bought to me this morning. A Carl Zeiss Jena O-10, Orthoscopic 10mm eyepiece. This is actually my first premium 10mm eyepiece ever. 

Look forward to trying this baby out,

David

IMG_20200501_104059[1].jpg

IMG_20200501_104114[1].jpg

• Like 10

I got one of these today from Amazon.

I have been toying with a dual bracket for ages, as I use my finder as a finderguider and sometime finding an alignment star is easier with a visual finder and have even had to swap them out on some occasions.

Then with the suggestion on another thread that I add more weight to the camera end of my ED120 so I can push the scope further up to avoid tripod/pier clash, this was the deciding factor.  So I will now put both finderscopes on and add to the weight at the camera end.

Hope it won't affect the guiding.

Carole 

Dual finder mount.jpg

Edited by carastro
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Dave1 said:

Well this is what the postman bought to me this morning. A Carl Zeiss Jena O-10, Orthoscopic 10mm eyepiece. This is actually my first premium 10mm eyepiece ever. 

Look forward to trying this baby out,

David

IMG_20200501_104059[1].jpg

Looks great Dave, look forward to your first light report with it.
Is that another .965" sized one?

2 minutes ago, Dave1 said:

@Alan White Hi Alan, yes indeed it is another 0.965" eyepiece. I'm thinking there might be another early morning, so that I can look at Jupiter and Saturn with the CZJ O-10 for first light. 

David

You will be up early tomorrow then I expect.
I look out early on my way to the bathroom, nature calls about 3am.
Get tempted, but, so does my pillow too.
Good luck.

Alan

• Like 1

Hi. My first post here, but I'm sure it won't be my last in this awesome thread! Had the dslr nearly a month now and wanted one of these little 50mm F1.8 lenses since. Looking forward to comparing it to the kit lenses I have been using. I'm getting a Star Adventurer or similar at the end of this month, then a 14mm f2.8 lens then maybe get the camera modded, and then some other things I guess haha.

Anyway here's the new addition! Now I did order a lens hood (and for my other 2 lenses) mainly for protection and there was no mention of this coming with one. I wasn't going to pay for a Canon one so ordered a cheap one for 1/3 of the price. Then I open this and there's a Canon one included, typical!

f1.8.jpg

Lined up next to my other lenses.

f1.8a.jpg

A selfie :)

f1.8b.jpg

I love the stubby looks.

f1.8c.jpg

Edited by BlueStinger
  • Like 5

IP65 extension lead so I can jury-rig power to the obsy until the sparks can get here, don't know when that will be, when lockdown is eased probably, and after he's dealt with the real urgent jobs.

Light pollution filter, focal reducer and a dew shield that has shrunk in the post (or perhaps a novice ordered the wrong size!!)

Looking forward to getting some full shots of the moon tonight with skies looking very promising in South Devon!

This seriously smart little right angle finder

3.2mm BST eye piece

Both from sky's the limit. Excellent polite, fast service 👍

flocking from fleebay

These bits will hopefully enhance the performance of the little 76p not to mention the eye piece giving a high mag in the 200p 🙂

DSC_0598.JPG

• Like 4

I’m hopeless, no sooner had I bought the previous helical adaptor then I spotted the click lock version and had to have that too! I’m sure I can use the other one somewhere else. This version has the T2 connection too which is handy.

EDDD79E6-8896-4639-91F4-387D09C9A774.jpeg

EBDE1660-8D6F-47E7-96F1-44E756F84AC5.jpeg

0DBE2B9E-2635-4128-9D40-C2EC87D7E65F.jpeg

FDAB9A02-B357-4C86-BC43-D2C1D53F5458.jpeg

• Like 5

Here's my new wide-field setup for next season! 😎 Finally managed to get a Samyang 135mm f/2. After a few test shots I can confirm that this lens is a keeper, it's super sharp. Now the only thing I need is a CLS-CCD clip filter for my self-modified Canon 60D. Probably need to modify and sell my 1100D to fund that though... It's not easy being a student! 😂

Clear skies!

Tomi

Canon_Samyang_135mm.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, johninderby said:

WO saddle for the photo tripod setup. Nice shade of red. 🙂

162391DA-62DC-43DB-81C8-484A8B0E9D7F.jpeg

551B1A97-9CBC-4A7A-A1D0-B99425F7A34E.jpeg

Nice colour match 👍 i also like when the setup is as pleasing on the eye as the view through the eyepiece. Looking at that setup is definitely a pleasure John. 

• Like 1

I have a shiny new William Optics ZS103 with a few more bits and pieces coming soon from FLO :). I'll have to wait until the dark nights comes back to try it out though :(

On 02/05/2020 at 14:03, Barry-W-Fenner said:

This seriously smart little right angle finder

3.2mm BST eye piece

Both from sky's the limit. Excellent polite, fast service 👍

flocking from fleebay

These bits will hopefully enhance the performance of the little 76p not to mention the eye piece giving a high mag in the 200p 🙂

Have you managed to use the new eyepiece yet?