NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

@Stu a little metal thread and you can make any glove “smartphone compatible”… I upgraded a pair of glove liners I use so I don’t need you go without any gloves when out!

Postie just delivered this, bought it cheap 😉😉!

Actually bought as it contains a lot of useful/interesting non-year/non-North America specific info/guidance and observing lists that I was after!

Peter

EA27C275-4142-43E4-B2F0-A075C97FF043.jpeg

• Like 11

Not exactly for Christmas, but arrived on the 23rd. As a result of a recent payout from a former employer coinciding with FLO knocking 50 quid off, I decided to upgrade my eyepieces.

As is usually the case, the weather has been shocking since 🙄

20211228_121104.thumb.jpg.0cf2a9a0a11d52e5082436c05c41b300.jpg

• Like 14

30 minutes ago, Dark Vader said:

Not exactly for Christmas, but arrived on the 23rd. As a result of a recent payout from a former employer coinciding with FLO knocking 50 quid off, I decided to upgrade my eyepieces.

Don't worry, I sure the weather will improve.

Then mine arrive! :D :(

Edited by UKDiver
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dark Vader said:

Very nearly snap! I got the 3.5, 5, 7 and 10mm. Still yet to do anything other than look at them ☹️

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Stu said:

Very nearly snap! I got the 3.5, 5, 7 and 10mm. Still yet to do anything other than look at them ☹️

Nice! Yep, frustratingly still in their boxes. I thought about the 7 but I'm pretty well covered for 6-8 mm. Gonna check with SWMBO if I can get away with a 24mm Panoptic in a few weeks 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dark Vader said:

Nice! Yep, frustratingly still in their boxes. I thought about the 7 but I'm pretty well covered for 6-8 mm. Gonna check with SWMBO if I can get away with a 24mm Panoptic in a few weeks 

I hope that short peek though mine a couple of weeks back has not been a bad influence on you :evil:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, John said:
17 minutes ago, Dark Vader said:

24mm Panoptic in a few weeks 

I hope that short peek though mine a couple of weeks back has not been a bad influence on you :evil:

I managed a short session on Orion with my, new to me 24Pan, in the SD81s. Nothing to say really - pretty speechless - WOW! Got to get that set up on Dartmoor is now on my bucket list.😀

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, John said:

Quite possibly John, quite possibly. 😎

The XW 30 is cheaper but a 2". Everything else I've got is 1.25", question is, do I want to change adapters?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dark Vader said:

Quite possibly John, quite possibly. 😎

The XW 30 is cheaper but a 2". Everything else I've got is 1.25", question is, do I want to change adapters?

Yes, it's a dilemma :rolleyes2:

• Like 3

Nice delivery today of a couple of books recommended on other threads - should keep me going for the year ahead… note the continued cloud cover until around New Year’s Day from my location (scope nights forecast) so brushing up on theory seems to be the way to go!

775E1F86-0E23-46C2-ACDA-4935255F6936.thumb.jpeg.6ff389a3cbe69ebe25f300b5e1a76220.jpeg

• Like 12

11 hours ago, Franklin said:

I managed a short session on Orion with my, new to me 24Pan, in the SD81s. Nothing to say really - pretty speechless - WOW! Got to get that set up on Dartmoor is now on my bucket list.😀

Good, aren’t they? 😀

• Like 1

On 28/12/2021 at 07:26, Dark Vader said:

Whoa what a haul! enjoy those, it isn't every day any one of us recieves 4 beauties like that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not strictly the postman but for Christmas as a gift from my future SIL.

A lovely fleece jacket with fleece lining,hood with draw strings and that zips up to my nose. Deep pockets to keep EPs lovely and snug in the winter. I wear it around the house now. Cheaper than Central heating.

This image doesn't do it justice. It's Soo warm. The outer layer is more of a fluffy wool texture. Same on the inside.

039696_blu_camber_hoodie_men_aw21_01.jpg

Edited by LukeSkywatcher
  • Like 7

30 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

Not strictly the postman but for Christmas as a gift from my future SIL.

A lovely fleece jacket with fleece lining,hood with draw strings and that zips up to my nose. Deep pockets to keep EPs lovely and snug in the winter. I wear it around the house now. Cheaper than Central heating.

This image doesn't do it justice. It's Soo warm.

039696_blu_camber_hoodie_men_aw21_01.jpg

Just the thing for Ireland 

• Like 1