Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

3 hours ago, AstroNebulee said:

This stunner arrived today courtesy of RVO. Never thought I'd ever own one of these a beautiful zwo asi294mc pro but been saving up, so so excited eek! Was toying between the zwo 533 mc pro but the larger sensor swayed me.

IMG_20220106_180752.jpg

Β 

Congrats ! πŸ‘ I am in the process of saving up for one of these too, looks the biz πŸ™‚.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Spaced Out said:

Congrats ! πŸ‘ I am in the process of saving up for one of these too, looks the biz πŸ™‚.

Thank you, really looking forward to hopefully getting some time with it soon. Connected up to the scope and asiair pro tonight and all seems OK so far, without obviously taking images yet. Going to start building my dark library this weekend. Good luck for getting yours soonΒ πŸ‘

• Like 1

Postman brought 2 very heavy boxes. Didn't include rocks as i first believed!

Feels very solidly built unlike my previous Skywatcher mount πŸ‘.

20220107_120755.thumb.jpg.c4809743081d2082b7824e8442833c0d.jpg

Unfortunately wont be using this for a while as i seem to have finally gotten the C(not from the postman that one).

• Like 10

Β 

10 minutes ago, ONIKKINEN said:

Postman brought 2 very heavy boxes. Didn't include rocks as i first believed!

Feels very solidly built unlike my previous Skywatcher mount πŸ‘.

20220107_120755.thumb.jpg.c4809743081d2082b7824e8442833c0d.jpg

Unfortunately wont be using this for a while as i seem to have finally gotten the C(not from the postman that one).

Sorry to here about getting the C. Hope it's not too bad and get better soon.Β 

DaveΒ 

Edited by Dave scutt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dave scutt said:

Everything now completed and ready to use😁.

Looking good Dave. I had a very similar set up a while back and at that time I was using BST Starguiders, I had a 25mm, 12mm, 8mm and 5mm. They all worked very well with the 127mm -1200mm refractor giving 48x, 100x, 150x and a massive 240x respectively, all with a 60deg AFOV. The 5mm BST was pushing it a bit really, so I would use a 6mm BCO for 200x at 50deg. A sensible range of magnifications for a scope of that size. I had some really good views of the gas giants a few summers ago with that setup. Clear skies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Franklin said:

Looking good Dave. I had a very similar set up a while back and at that time I was using BST Starguiders, I had a 25mm, 12mm, 8mm and 5mm. They all worked very well with the 127mm -1200mm refractor giving 48x, 100x, 150x and a massive 240x respectively, all with a 60deg AFOV. The 5mm BST was pushing it a bit really, so I would use a 6mm BCO for 200x at 50deg. A sensible range of magnifications for a scope of that size. I had some really good views of the gas giants a few summers ago with that setup. Clear skies.

I'll be using ES 82 6.7 ,8.8,11,14 will they be just as good

• Like 3

Today I picked up two packages (ordered at the same time) from my local package shop. One coming from Astroshop.eu and another from kikkert-teleskophuset.dk (local shop in Denmark).

IMG_20220107_191614.thumb.jpg.078ce56e01bd41a7ddf74b5fc87dc81c.jpg

Inside was not only one but two bags of candy:wink2:Β I think this might be the future excuse to order new equipment, "Oh, about that box? I just ordered a bag of candy and it happened to accidentally contain astro stuff as well!"

IMG_20220107_191814.thumb.jpg.2c5582df434a683d4c71741e13543a69.jpg
IMG_20220107_200132.thumb.jpg.6168ecd800f98378e154ca2093183647.jpg

I am excited to try the Baader Zeiss prism and compare the contrast, scatter, CA and etc. to my current WO dielectric diagonal. The orthos will be nice for lunar, planetary and solar, especially mathed with the TV barlow which will replace my old and rather cheap 2.5X barlow:thumbright:Β The 32mm plΓΆssl will most likely be used for H-alpha solar observing as I wanted to try something different than my current 40mm TS-optics plΓΆssl. Looking forward to see how they compare:)

Next thing on my list is a Baader Maxbright binoviewer, but until it gets in stock I have some time to save up some more pennies!

Victor

• Like 16

Well this has landed today. My first Apochromatic telescope, Takahashi FS78. So I've finally joined club Takahashi ! I'd new it would happen! Can not wait to use it, of course it's raining here πŸ˜„

IMG_20220107_201416.jpg

IMG_20220107_201356.jpg

• Like 21

52 minutes ago, Dave1 said:

Well this has landed today. My first Apochromatic telescope, Takahashi FS78. So I've finally joined club Takahashi ! I'd new it would happen! Can not wait to use it, of course it's raining here πŸ˜„

IMG_20220107_201416.jpg

IMG_20220107_201356.jpg

Welcome on board 😊

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, A McEwan said:

And this arrived today - primarily to have Rukl lunar maps in a handy pocket-sized format at the eyepiece.

Β 

271490914_317762310207174_6315163063816442407_n.jpg

For most of my life I've owned "Constellations" in that series. I never realized it had a sister. You're right, they are a nice size.

• Like 3

Arrived yesterday. I had read a positive discussion of this series on the forum last year, but everywhere was out of stock at the time.Β  I managed to pick up the 16mm second hand and have been very pleased with that one.

During the Pentax sale I had a severe argument with me to try to convince myself that one of the shorter XWs would make a good top magnification EP, but I lost that argument. And then this week I noticed FLO had stock of the Nirvanas again, I reminded other me that I had resisted the XW so perhaps I could justify the 4mm Nirvana at less than half the price. This time I won the argument.
I think I see a screenplay for a rather niche sci-fi film, where the protagonist is an amateur astronomer with multiple personalities who can't understand how (s)he keeps acquiring all this nice kit. Or what has happened to that bank balance.

image.png.1e8b001793c54374ffdd61b0f2a4a88b.png

Β 

• Like 10
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Zermelo said:

Arrived yesterday. I had read a positive discussion of this series on the forum last year, but everywhere was out of stock at the time.Β  I managed to pick up the 16mm second hand and have been very pleased with that one.

During the Pentax sale I had a severe argument with me to try to convince myself that one of the shorter XWs would make a good top magnification EP, but I lost that argument. And then this week I noticed FLO had stock of the Nirvanas again, I reminded other me that I had resisted the XW so perhaps I could justify the 4mm Nirvana at less than half the price. This time I won the argument.
I think I see a screenplay for a rather niche sci-fi film, where the protagonist is an amateur astronomer with multiple personalities who can't understand how (s)he keeps acquiring all this nice kit. Or what has happened to that bank balance.

image.png.1e8b001793c54374ffdd61b0f2a4a88b.png

Β 

I wanted the 4mil Nirvana, but wasn't sure I'd get on with only 12mm of eye relief.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cajen2 said:

I wanted the 4mil Nirvana, but wasn't sure I'd get on with only 12mm of eye relief.

All three Nirvanas are given as 12mm ER, but I find the 16mm version to be more comfortable than my ES 82Β° 6.7mm, which is supposed to have 15.7mm. So perhaps the OVL marketing is more honest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Zermelo said:

All three Nirvanas are given as 12mm ER, but I find the 16mm version to be more comfortable than my ES 82Β° 6.7mm, which is supposed to have 15.7mm. So perhaps the OVL marketing is more honest.

I have to say I get on just fine with my Hyperflex....but maybe a zoom is different. It's quoted at 15mm.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cajen2 said:

I have to say I get on just fine with my Hyperflex....but maybe a zoom is different. It's quoted at 15mm.

Eye relief seems to be a slippery business. Even if the manufacturer tells the truth (c.f. AFOV), there's still room for discrepancies due to the eye lens being recessed below the level of the surrounding guard.

• Like 3

yesterday, the postie delivered a replacement m43 male to male extension for my ZWO ASI533MC. One of my cheaper extension rings has 'frozen' into the original and nothing I've done will separate them.Β  Also received a new 50mm SCT adaptor for my C8 courtesy of FLO and their usual superb delivery times.Β 

Less good, I received a 10m active USB 3 cable for my observatory - Camera to laptop. Unfortunately, despite the laptop recognising the cable, it doesn't see the camera unless I plug it into a USB 2 port.Β  That's going back to the supplier.

GraemeΒ 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1