Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How safe is buying from FLO?

Hi everyone!

I'm looking to buy some stuff from FLO. It has been praised by many on this forum and nobody has seemed to have any issues with it. What I'd like to know is how safe the site is. I see you have to pay by with an external site - how safe is this site? I just like to know how secure a website is before putting any personal details in, you know? Has anyone had any problems with hacked accounts? Thanks in advance, I'm sure the site is safe, just checking for peace of mind.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problems what so ever using FLO website, not bought a great deal from them yet :icon_biggrin: but no issues when i have with security or anything else,

and you also get superb customer service from them as well,

I'll add to the above. I've been buying astro goodies from FLO regularly over the last five years or so, and never had any issues with hacked accounts. Furthermore, they'll bend over backwards to sort out any goods issues so you're in safe hands.

Basically, I'll buy from them 100% of the time if they stock what I want. 

Having bought several items from FLO over the years, and visited their premises down in Exeter, I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them.  They are absolutely genuine and what I would describe as an entirely safe supplier in the sense the OP has in mind.  The last time I bought from FLO their payment processor was Sage Pay. Is this still the case? Sage Pay are a UK based processor I believe and again I have no doubts whatsoever in paying through them. You can check them out on the web.  

ULTRA SAFE

I have used FLO for most of my astro equipment and spent many thousands of pounds with them.  Their service is second to none.  When I bought a telescope I was not happy with the "boss", Steve, personally drove over from Exeter and brought me a replacement having personally checked that the new one was perfect.  Now that is what I call great personal service.  I cannot recommend them highly enough.

FLO gets a top notch rating from me too, buying from Ireland ;)

Furthermore, the first item I bought was a customer returned item which was repaired, tested by FLO staff, and sold to me at a sizeable discount with a full original manufacturer's warranty and FLO's return policy (the item I purchased is in tip-top condition and performs beautifully).  I've since had several other purchases, all perfectly smooth.

Great service, very responsive and knowledgeable staff  :thumbsup::thumbsup:

As everyone says, very safe. 

One thing to emphasise in addition is that they have excellent pre and post sales service. They’re always friendly and available for questions on email or phone. Plus I’ve had to return and switch stuff and it’s arrived fast and been easy.

On 11/11/2017 at 20:05, ollypenrice said:

I cannot think of a safer company from which to buy over the internet. The only safer way is to go and buy in person with cash. That might be an option, I don't know.

Olly

Roads are just too dangerous and as for cash...

Archived