Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How safe is buying from FLO?

It is worth pointing out that, in terms of consumer protection, buying online (especially with a credit card for items over £100) has the greatest protection of all.  Surprisingly you have the least rights if you go into a shop and buy for cash!  I would add that I have been buying stuff from FLO for nearly ten years with no problems at all (usual disclaimer).

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also bought from FLO and they are brilliant.  As already noted many online sites use 3rd secure system to take your cash - if you ever type into anything look to see that the webpage changes to https:// rather than standard http://  Sometimes it just applies to a single window on the screen, but checking the properties will normally show that you are same.  When it says https you know you are on a secure location and can safely enter details into things like SagePay or PayPal or your bank!!  As the others do I also use a credit card for high value/immediately pay if off purchases for the added protection.  However, all that said I would recommend anyone to spend buy stuff online from FLO you won't have any problems based on my own experience.

Because they're the sponsors on here I thought I'd better support them so ordered a few bits..email back within a hour to say it was dispatched and arrived the next day..wow...so then placed another order which I thought I'd messed it up so emailed them to change the order...Martin dealt with the order and soon corrected my messup and again arrivedthe following day..superb service..great prices,no complaints here

FLO... Very safe! :icon_salut:

A few years ago, I ordered an 8inch dovetail plate and a set of tube rings suitable for a 120mm OTA for my ETX105 before the 'mod' & 're-mod' thinking they would be a nice snug fit. I returned them as they were to small. So I ordered a set for a 130mm tube. I had paid for 120mm and was told not to worry about the price difference between them and the 130mm until I was satisfied they would fit.  As the 130mm required a lot of packing to make a snug fit... I returned these too... and promptly refunded.

The 8inch dovetail plate is secured to my ETX105 by two Jubilee hose rings --->PIC021.JPG.317e3ab5bc2a32848d576782c9caf3ab.JPG

BTW - the tube diameter of the ETX105 is 124mm (+/- 1mm).    

Sucks hard through teeth, well FLO a big problem with FLO they take your money when ever you want to buy something from them, and then they send it to you via a decent career not parcel force.

Can't get any safer, shop with confidence.

Never had any issues with payments, and I am very very careful when spending over the interweb.

Nige.

To sum up then Ladies and Gentlemen. First Light Optics are reliable, provide great service, approachable, trustworthy, and customer care conscious. Their staff are dedicated to serve the astro.community, and they excel at all of the above.   Am I biased?  Of course I am, but simply because I have experienced all of the above.

Like most have said, safe as in secure, YES. Safe as in your money wont leave your account> errr , I wanted to buy an eyepiece and ended up buying a complete scope setup once. But I have no regrets. And in all seriousness, FLO are great, been around for yonks, and sage pay is secure. Happy shopping! :clouds1:

For your peace of mind, whoever you buy from make sure the site is secure by looking at the address bar in your browser.

Hopefully it will have https and a green padlock, this tells you that the site is who it says it is and the connection is secure.
This also means information flowing between you and the site is highly encrypted, no green padlock, beware!

FLO are top notch and no hesitation in recommending them.

BTW
I'm a diehard internet shopper and spend many thousands a year with cards, for myself and for my firm.
To be honest my card has been done twice both times my bank informed me before I had any idea.
They have always accepted that it was'nt me committing the fraud but have never divulged any info about it.
This has never put me off internet shopping and quite few firms hold my card details, Paypal and Amazon for instance.

Just made my first purchase from FLO, okay it was only a small purchase the ' turn left at orion ' book but order was processed and dispatched within 90 minutes of me clicking the buy button, being new to this I've only heard great things about FLO and intend on buying my very first dob from them in the coming week.

14 hours ago, barkis said:

To sum up then Ladies and Gentlemen. First Light Optics are reliable, provide great service, approachable, trustworthy, and customer care conscious. Their staff are dedicated to serve the astro.community, and they excel at all of the above.   Am I biased?  Of course I am, but simply because I have experienced all of the above.

You missed out the rather spiffing sales they do on here from time to time!

Also, the team are not infrequent posters on here, with advice, but also taking into account suggestions and users needs. They tried very hard and succeeded in becoming a ES distributor after much whining by us in here! :D 

3 hours ago, bingevader said:

You missed out the rather spiffing sales they do on here from time to time!

Also, the team are not infrequent posters on here, with advice, but also taking into account suggestions and users needs. They tried very hard and succeeded in becoming a ES distributor after much whining by us in here! :D 

Oh Dear. I must apologise , but you're correct of course, but I felt enough plaudits were presented, and I didn't
wish to come across as a Salesman for Flo. they do that in their own way :icon_biggrin:.

How safe....??

Not safe at all i tell you.

I place an order at 2pm today, then quite rudely after about an hour i get a text saying my package will be delivered tomorrow. only 18 hours after i order......how dare they!!!!

I buy 95% of my stuff from FLO and never once had any issue of any kind. 

I tell a small lie...............

I bought a microscope from them a couple of years ago and one of the lights wasnt working. I emailed them and got a reply within an hour or two, saying a new microscope was already in the shipping process and the courier would collect the faulty microscope and FLO would pay the cost of returning it.

How dare they!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL.

UUBER safe to buy anything from FLO.

Archived