Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which bit of SGL do you look at the most?

Alkaid

Just interested in what you all go to first...

My first port of call is usually "Discussions - Scopes / Whole Setups".  I just love reading about kit!  Usually kit I can't yet afford...ha ha.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on what I'm doing :D  If I've been imaging I go to Imaging deep Sky, otherwise mostly The Lounge where most of my project threads reside and DIY Astronomer.

Generally: everything except the imaging sections. Sometimes I visit the imaging sections intentionally. 

Unfortunately this is more due to filtering because if I leave the imaging sections on in my streams, I get lost with too many threads! :rolleyes: 

I don't go to a particular section, I just check new content across the whole forum and look at the ones which seem interesting. That way I get a flavour of most of what is going on, and that's why I poke my nose into the imaging threads every now and then when I'm a visual observer only ??

I enjoy helping new folks getting started and sourcing kit or choosing scopes, I also check out the astro lounge and star parties threads. I like reading the diy astronomer sections - especially the dob build threads, and I look in the gear and eyepiece threads regularly. I enjoy selected content from the lounge, and I check out absolutely everything advertised in the classified section - always up for a bargain.

I dip into the imaging section now and then, and I think that'll get more frequent if I ever get going properly with imaging. Don't think I'll ever be quite so interested in video imaging, or sketching, though - but I do admire the folks that can do it. Think that covers it. :)

as calv as long as its not of admin, but i hope one day to get the one saying do you want to become a mod :happy10:

its all good realy, usually look for peoples names i know first, if non the go to observing reports

My first port of call is the DIY Astronomy section.  I love looking at the projects and marvel at the ingenuity and resourcefulness of folk.  There are some really talented folk here on SGL, shouldn't single anyone out but I always love it when Gina has updated a post on a project..  The lounge is great as well, it's like listening into the surrounding conversations when you're in a pub. To be honest, anywhere of SGL will keep me occupied for ages.

Jim

Bit like the OP, I spend most of my time in the equipment discussion area and reviews. I too, love reading about all the wonderful kit that is available. Other main area for me is the Astro lounge as who doesn't like to discuss all things astronomy? 

I generally always start with the unread content stream but if that's a little overwhelming or I need a quick hit while The Present Mrs Foster doesn't have other plans for me I absolutely have to let out the green eyed envy monster and work through the imaging boards. I do particularly love the DIY Obsy boards to, again, green eyed monster!!!

I usually check out the for sale bit, the astro lounge, equipment discussion forums, and observing forums. I've only got a few items left on my hit list of stuff to buy.

Once I've got everything on my list I intend to ban myself from the buy/sell forum and equipment forums and retire to the observing forums!

I do the same as Stu, I go to unread posts and pick out ones that look interesting.  I only go into the forum sections if I am looking for something in particular like classifieds.

Carole 

Like many already posted I usually start with the Getting Started fora then the Astro Lounge. When I've trawled through these it depends on the time available but usually end in the lounge.

BTW this would seem a good time to thank all involved with the best place on the web.

Archived