NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SGL 10 Chatter :)

NickK

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up the rocket making kit from Uni today, so if the weather's not good and we can find a space well away from the scopes.....:wink:  Also some 3D astro films. I'm going to bring a small 3D TV (delivered yesterday so I currently have no idea how to set it up!) and my pod may become a bijou 3D cinema!

Helen

Nice clear sky all afternoon so managed to give my new Lunt 50 Ha a good road test and very pleased with the result :grin:    Lots of good proms and surface detail. It didn't look quite as stunning as Michael H. F. Wilkinson's avatar but very pleased with my first experience of Ha.

Normal service has now been resumed. The clouds rolled in just after dusk  clouds1.gifclouds1.gifclouds1.gif

Hopefully it will clear up around midnight - might grab a kip and get up later.

Well I'm still having camera issues I don't know whether its amp glow or light leaking onto the sensor so my Leo Triplet hasn't turned out to great. If the artefacts on the left can be processed out then I haven't managed to figure it out yet so I just did a quick dirty process for now.

11082459_10152824776548434_3666025528143

Weather still on track for the eclipse..high pressure in charge as expected...90%+ chance of seeing the eclipse at SGL.

See you all later today....ready for some galaxy viewing this evening.[emoji3]

Mark

www.bristolweather.org.uk

Just did a live interview on BBC Hereford and Worcester explaining the arrangements for the Eclipse Outreach event at Madley. Gave a plug for SGL and saying members were supporting the event at Madley.

Look forward to clear skies tomorrow morning.

I am coming out early this afternoon and this evening to hand out your breakfast tokens. See you later.

Archived