SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL 10 Chatter :)

NickK

Weather wise tuesday and wednesday nights look promising!

They do according to "Clear Outside" :smiley:

Unfortunately I won't be there until Thursday through Sunday when the above site is much less optomistic :embarrassed:

Early arrivals should make the most of it and then tell us laggards what we missed :smiley:

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do according to "Clear Outside" :smiley:

Unfortunately I won't be there until Thursday through Sunday when the above site is much less optomistic :embarrassed:

Early arrivals should make the most of it and then tell us laggards what we missed :smiley:

I am a little concerned about the weather. Last years event was totally uninterrupted by astronomy but Wednesday is looking rather nice it looks like I may actually have to use my scope this year

I picked up my motor home about an hour ago. The 12" Dob is going to be a tight squeeze  :huh: 

Getting quite excited now and will be speding the rest of today and tomorrow packing ready for an early take-off on Wednesday :grin:

Good stuff Derek.

I've got some replacement poles in order for my tent. Hopefully they will arrive on time, otherwise it's cable ties and gaffa tape again!!

Will make a last minute decision about scopes, if forecast is awful I may not bring anything too big

One thing I've learned from the 5 other star parties I've attended is to travel light :smiley:

That's why I'm not bringing too much :p

...and a few of those things will go in the bring & buy tent :wink:

... but with lots of warm clothing :wink:

Helen

Yep - could be more important than scope / eyepieces looking at the weather forecast !

I can keep the van nice and snug though and pop in now and then for a cuppa and a thaw :smiley:

I don't often get to dark sites so it's still pretty tempting to bring the big scope just incase there is a clear spell

I know how good you are at resisting temptation, Stu :lol:

Cos Ive booked a POD for 2 nights, Im travelling very light this year. Clothes, wash stuff, tea bags, 2 packs of soup just in case, bedding and scope.

Warmth and comfort supplied by the POD hopefully and food provided by the café hopefully. Never travelled this light to a Starparty before, my T5 is usually loaded to the roof for every eventuality.

Any particular reason Derek. I'm near Croydon but not a member of the AS.

I need to get a diagonal to someone from the society. He has suggested meeting in London (where I work) but if someone is at SGLX I could hand it over there.

Archived