SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL 10 Chatter :)

NickK

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tent has now dried off and I'm sat enjoying a bottle of local cider procured from the site's shop, and half tempted to take the scope outside and use it for once. I think attending the event has given me a little kick to get back into this observing lark and maybe even finish that dob mount after seeing Shane's handiwork in person  :smiley:

From an SGL 'virgin', a  BIG MASSIVE THANK YOU !! :headbang:  to all peeps who organised, were there & made it a very memorable week(end), 

some of it is forever etched into various parts of my body :grin:  (the new hard standing was very sharp...)

Yes..It was a special one....I really appreciated meeting you all again...especially those who let me look through their big Dobs...Jupiter was nice through swamp things 20 inch[emoji6] ......oh and I will not forget that amazing refractor view of the IO transit.

Thanks to the organisers...

Mark

I add my thanks to all of the organisers, especially whoever it was that managed to find the right palm to lace with silver to arrange the weather this year :D

Really good fun, 4 out of 4 nights observing to greater or lesser extents, met some people, looked through some scopes, ate some hog, drank some whisky, watched rugby, knackered.

I'll second that! Great event. Thoroughly enjoyed my first star party.

Many thanks to everyone who put up with my idiot questions and let me have a look through their amazing scopes.

And I only got limited stick for turning up with a flowery tent and a tiny scope.

Roll on next year!

Paul

A big thank you from me to all who where involved in organising SGLX, Brilliant :icon_salut:

:icon_porc: roast was fantastic also

was nice to actually meet some of you as well

Shane

Steve

Ant (polo shirt)

Daz (for letting me have the one he had)

Auspom ( for the pipe lagging)

Alan j (for also trying to help me out with the polar scope)

and especially Dr Ju_Ju for letting me try my camera on his scope and explaining where i was going wrong with my own setup with regards adapters and the like,

there is probably a couple of others but names evade me.

My 1st star party and what a super event it was never seen that many stars before, looking forward to the next one,

Thanks to everyone including the staff at Lucksall who were also very helpful and polite and run a beautiful site.

JemC

Just crawled into bed after an amazing fourth night, and my first with the dob mob! Fabulous time, topped off with some lovely views of the Veil and Crescent nebulae.

STOP PRESS: 31mm Nagler beats 21mm Ethos on the Crescent [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

The dob mob has become quite an attraction! I had a good look at NGC4565 through one and it was pretty good, no need for averted vision whatsoever!

Would have liked to have done more solar, but the daytime were pretty busy with doing other stuff (thanks to those who attended the processing workshops!).

The dob mob has become quite an attraction! I had a good look at NGC4565 through one and it was pretty good, no need for averted vision whatsoever!

Would have liked to have done more solar, but the daytime were pretty busy with doing other stuff (thanks to those who attended the processing workshops!).

Hope the workshop went well Rob.

I love that top Image, looks splendid.

Ron.

STOP PRESS: 31mm Nagler beats 21mm Ethos on the Crescent [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

Stu it was really good to meet up at last. Seeing the proms through your Quark during the eclipse was excellent.

I still cannot believe the view I got through your  large Dob of the Cocoon Galaxy. I came home and check it out and noted it was Steve O'Meare's number 63 in his Hidden Treasurers book.

I have never looked through a 31mm Nagler although I have a 21mm Ethos. Steve (swampthing) used this EP through his 20" Dob and I had an excellent view of the Leo Triplet.

Well my journey home didn't go well :mad:  Clutch has gone bang so i spent an extra 3hrs getting home yesterday morning.....tut

Otherwise i had a great time, meeting new faces as always and hooking up with some old ones. This year i saw 6 clear nights (some shorter than others), a solar eclipse and everything just worked, guiding tracking my cameras the lot and that i have no doubt is a result of all the help i have had from people at past events.

I have attached some JPEGs of some of the stuff i did, finally feel like im at the stage where im happy with the results, still room for improvement but feel like im on the right track. My problem is i'm like a kid in a candy shop an i never really spend more than four hours on a target so next i need to concentrate on gathering more data on a single target.

I have also come home with the usually shopping list of all the things i am going to buy......... it'll never end :embarrassed:

Cheers to everyone involved in the organising of the event.

post-9689-0-46070900-1427111665_thumb.jp

post-9689-0-56501800-1427111686_thumb.jp

post-9689-0-14806600-1427111697_thumb.jp

post-9689-0-30073200-1427111713_thumb.jp

post-9689-0-60380200-1427111723_thumb.jp

post-9689-0-25778300-1427111740_thumb.jp

post-9689-0-37150400-1427111753_thumb.jp

Archived