Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL 10 Chatter :)

NickK

My first star party next week and I bought a tent at the weekend.

Does anyone have a checklist of bits / bobs to bring (besides Lagavulin and Hob Goblin" as I haven't been camping since 1976. My last tent was an ex war dept canvas thing with wooden poles and no ground sheet; bought from the Exchange and Mart for £4.

My new one builds itself in 2 seconds - technology has certainly changed. It will take much longer to put away though.

As long as you have a bed that will keep you about a foot off the floor - add some radiator insulation under the sleeping back and your almost set. I found a electric oil radiator good to keep inside warm. 

A 16A to 13A RCD unit is also needed if you're using one of the electrical hookups.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started packing the car with stuff & I nearly brought an awning but decided against it, I then checked out the burger van & it's ready to go.
I've been out shopping getting the essentials like Beer, Beer, Beer & some Beer with some food thrown in for good measure. :evil:

I started packing the car with stuff & I nearly brought an awning but decided against it, I then checked out the burger van & it's ready to go.

I've been out shopping getting the essentials like Beer, Beer, Beer & some Beer with some food thrown in for good measure. :evil:

you don't want to overdo the food it can be really bad for you

My packing starts tomorrow with a trip to Sainsbury's for some beer, wine and anice bottle of Malt - Lagavulin 16yr old might just do the trick :smile:

I pick up the camper van on Monday so the scopes and kit will start making their way in there on Monday/Tuesday ready for my departure on Wednesday, although I've still not ruled out heading down on Tuesday f the weather looks good.

Are we there yet?

Not even going to worry what the weather man says. If its clear thats just a bonus IMO. I'm not going for the observing  so much as to meet up with everyone and have a laugh.  :hello:  :drunken_smilie: drunk2.gif

Exactly mate ! It's the UK , first and foremost it has to be a social event. If we're lucky enough to get clear skies then great.

So my provisions.. 3 bottles (8.5% 75cl) of french beer, 12 bottles (various, 500ml) UK beer, probably a bottle of something else.. and coffee.

Yup.. I think that will do it.

Hello Guys

What about Rule 4?

Rule 4: Polar Align:  When do we get to do this?

Best regards, Hadyn - IOM

Thats one of the funniest moments to an outside observer, you see a field full of people all desparately looking North or crouched down peering through polarscopes :)

you don't want to overdo the food it can be really bad for you

Everythings bad for you these days & I just don't care anymore lol :p It'll be great to catch up again.

Not even going to worry what the weather man says. If its clear thats just a bonus IMO. I'm not going for the observing  so much as to meet up with everyone and have a laugh.  :hello:  :drunken_smilie: drunk2.gif

Can't agree with you more Steve I look at it as an event to meet & catch up with folkplus have a good laugh & if we get any clear skies then that's a bonus. You can keep that pálinka though unless I've got any paint that wants stripping lol :evil:

OK chaps - I know that the main reason for the event is to have good time, meet people,drink beer and have a laugh while checking how waterproof our scope covers and 'toilet tents' are. But I'm just a 67 year old kid with a crazy dream: there will be all that PLUS blue skies, sun and stars. I have a dream: the sun will shine - we will see the eclipse from beginning to end, and then drink our beer wearing shorts and T shirts. I have a dream: the sun will set and there will be Venus and Mars. I have a dream: there will be galaxies, nebulae, double stars; the universe will l be our oyster whirling above our heads. I have a dream; the Horsehead will be so clear we'll count the hairs on its mane.  I have a dream: the pup will be so obvious we will hear it barking. I have dream: -  then I woke up. 

Pack more beer......

OK chaps - I know that the main reason for the event is to have good time, meet people,drink beer and have a laugh while checking how waterproof our scope covers and 'toilet tents' are. But I'm just a 67 year old kid with a crazy dream: there will be all that PLUS blue skies, sun and stars. I have a dream: the sun will shine - we will see the eclipse from beginning to end, and then drink our beer wearing shorts and T shirts. I have a dream: the sun will set and there will be Venus and Mars. I have a dream: there will be galaxies, nebulae, double stars; the universe will l be our oyster whirling above our heads. I have a dream; the Horsehead will be so clear we'll count the hairs on its mane.  I have a dream: the pup will be so obvious we will hear it barking. I have dream: -  then I woke up. 

Pack more beer......

Kerry,

The last person who told me he had that many dreams was when Ally McLeod told me Scotland would win the World Cup in Argentina. I hope your dreams work out better than Ally's :lol:

Archived