SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL 10 Chatter :)

NickK

Just did a live interview on BBC Hereford and Worcester explaining the arrangements for the Eclipse Outreach event at Madley. Gave a plug for SGL and saying members were supporting the event at Madley.

Look forward to clear skies tomorrow morning.

I am coming out early this afternoon and this evening to hand out your breakfast tokens. See you later.

dont forget my binos :smiley:

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just did a live interview on BBC Hereford and Worcester explaining the arrangements for the Eclipse Outreach event at Madley. Gave a plug for SGL and saying members were supporting the event at Madley.

Look forward to clear skies tomorrow morning.

I am coming out early this afternoon and this evening to hand out your breakfast tokens. See you later.

I'm going to be arriving around mid-afternoon. Look forward to seeing you there Mark  :smiley:

Hoping to leave around 1 ish as soon as I'm packed. Should be there by 4pm if everything goes smoothly...

Note to self, remember to pump tyres up to correct pressure for maximum load! I have a record of bursting them!

Hi,

The weather here at 08:00 am was 50 shades of grey....

Now there is some blue clouds over-riding those grey ones.

The café breakfast was good.

Currently, it is too cold to sit outside with my shorts on, so having a hot cup of tea in the tent.

Saw some stars last night, but the seeing conditions not great. Orion present, Sirius and Jupiter gave a fleeting appearance.

Whiskey tasting session got under way, staggering back to tent without the North Star for guidance can be interesting.

Anyway, better finish off and warm my fingers up.

Cheers

Adrian

Important cloud activity:

* 3 Monts 8.5% = 5/5 .. exceptional beer :)

* Hogs Back T.E.A Bitter 4.2% = 3/5 decent drinkable bitter.

* Hogs Back Gardener's Tipple = 2/5 hmm drinkable but has a sharpish taste

* Hogs Back Snout 3.8% = 4/5 smooth stout, kind of like a smoother, weaker original guinness.

Well these are a very basic processed images of the Needle Galaxy & The Horsehead from Tuesday Night, they are only the JPGs for now and i think theres more to come out of them but so far im pleased.

I did 4hrs of Bode's last night but at 20mins but i have to put together a 20min dark for that. Hopefully more to come

post-9689-0-93772100-1426775264_thumb.jp

post-9689-0-94337000-1426775291_thumb.jp

WhooHoo, just finished work,

just need to sort everything that i'm bringing (probably not as much as some) ready for packing in the morning,

hope to be there early afternoon

Looking forward to meeting people on my 1st star party :smiley:

Only an hour and a half to go then no more work until Wednesday!

My brother and I will leave tomorrow morning, once the Transporter is fully loaded (checklist printed and armed!), via the supermarket to squeeze some beers in.

See you all tomorrow afternoon!

I'm going to be a bit late getting there, due to other things. I'm planning to arrive around 6-7am... Will lucksall staff be around to check me in/give me the welcome pack do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I arrived late on Tuesday and the shop was closed. There is a mobile phone number on the door. When I called the number a very friendly lady gave me the option of her coming down to welcome me or just taking care of myself and checking in the next morning. I chose the latter option. If you get here and the lights are out in the shop I'd suggest you just head for your pitch and then check in when they open for breakfast.

I didn't have a bad session on M51 fingers crossed the camera issues are sorted out too but when I'll get to process it remains to be seen as I'm off to bed now due to me getting up early in morning, I can't think why I'm getting up at silly o clock is there an event or something? :evil:

Hope the eclipse went well for you folks, it looked like good weather for you. I was lucky in that there was just enough cloud in my part of the north east meaning the eclipse could be seen filtered through the clouds all the way through maximum.

A great morning followed by a bacon butty in a local cafe.

Hope you all had a good morning.

Cheers

Archived