SGL 10 Chatter :)

NickK

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My eyepiece case is now ready to go...

attachicon.gif2015-03-16 23.16.27-2.jpg

...and ready for a visitor :wink:

I tried a talisker 10 once but the views were terrible it has this amber cast that just isn't nice to look through, We also found it needs a special adaptor to fit the diagonal as for some reason they don't use the standard sizes and the weight makes the balance on any scope awful. If you unscrew the top element and pour the liquid inside somewhere (we used our throats) you can get rid of the amber cast. focus however becomes much worse as we  all found we were seeing double stars in places there shouldn't be.  I don't usually recommend ethos because of their price but as you like them so much I would get the 10 in your shoes the ethos 10 is much better than the talisker 10

I can't make it this year. I'm working over seas. I hope you all get good weather and some clear skies. I should be home on Friday 20th so will probably pop over on Saturday evening. Have a great time everybody .

Hi you early campers,

Hope you can capture those clear skies and store them safely for the weekend.

I have the car packed.

Hope to arrive about noon.

If anyone is available that would be helpful putting the tent up.

(as Kev is not going this year, he cannot sit in his tent and watch me putting my tent up n the snow!!)

Keep the skies clear.........

Cheers

Adrian

Nice to see some scopes on the site - gives me the impetus to get the packing sorted tomorrow for a prompt start on Thursday :smiley:

I'm around 60 miles S of Lucksall and it's a nice clear night here. Hope it stays that way for you folks too :smiley:

Titch I may need some help with a new tent :)

No problem Dan just gimme a shout when you get here :grin:

Made up for you, you've made some fwends

LOL yeah I have it's Mr Flibble who's on his own in the next camping area :p

Archived