Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi From Cheshire

Colossal Plossl

Welcome to SGL. Cracking wee scope.

The light nights gives you time to make a light shroud for it out of a yoga mat etc and the fettle the focuser by adding a few wraps of PTFE Plumbers tape around the threads of the focuser to remove any slop and give a nice smooth action.

Enjoy it! Mine is my most used scope. 

Welcome to SGL! Good plan on the modifications to that scope. And keep an eye out for sucker holes. Through one you may have a chance at Saturn. A lovely planet and my most favorite. 

Hello and welcome from Liverpool, UK, and welcome to SGL. Bought my heritage 150p about 4 weeks ago and it's been mostly cloudy ever since 😂 here's hoping for clear skies too. 

My wife blames me for the weather. 

6 hours ago, Skipper Billy said:

Welcome to SGL. Cracking wee scope.

The light nights gives you time to make a light shroud for it out of a yoga mat etc and the fettle the focuser by adding a few wraps of PTFE Plumbers tape around the threads of the focuser to remove any slop and give a nice smooth action.

Enjoy it! Mine is my most used scope. 

I've found the pfte taper comes off after a few outings. Got to redo mine again tomorrow