Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

Starwiz

Members
  • Content Count

    784
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

499 Excellent

2 Followers

About Starwiz

  • Rank
    Proto Star

Profile Information

  • Location
    Malta
  1. Thanks. I'll research that too. John
  2. I took some OIII, which I processed and although it looked fairly blank, I stretched it and added it as a layer anyway, which I think helped offset some of the stronger Ha/SII data. John
  3. Thanks Carole. I played around with the data for hours before it started to look anything decent. I found I had a problem with the Darks I was using, which I think was due to stray light getting in somewhere. After I re-did these it started to look a lot better. It's also the first time I've used Straton for removing the stars and creating an RGB stars layer. It worked very well and saved me hours of work. John
  4. Thanks both. Some useful info to consider there. Time for me to start doing some research for when my wife asks what I want for Xmas. John
  5. Greetings from rainy Malta. John
  6. Thanks Alan. That looks a great bit of kit, but I may have to do some saving. John
  7. In the never-ending quest to improve the quality of my images (which is strongly correlated to the reduction of money in my bank account), I want to improve the star shapes that I get at the edges of my frames. I think this is coma. The image shows a zoomed-in portion at the top left-hand corner of my latest image. I get similar in all four corners with the stars trailing towards the corners. So, do I need a coma-corrector, or is there another way? I'm using a SW200p (F5) and ASI1600mm-Pro with filter wheel. Thanks John
  8. Thanks. I was a little undecided on whether to go with the red look as I got nothing in OIII. In the end I had another play with the data and settled on Hubble Pallet, using the OIII stack that I had, which actually contained nothing. John
  9. Imaged in Narrow Band from Mellieha over the weekend. John
  10. Thanks. Sounds a bit more scientific than what I'm doing which is probably gut feel at the moment.
  11. If you are using APT, you can use the Histograms tool to auto-stretch the image. With it enabled, all the images will auto-stretch. It does nothing to the data, just the view. For example, here's a 'before' and 'after' auto-stretch of the California nebula Ha (single frame). John
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.