NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

StarGaZine Virtual Astronomy

Steve

Yes my current webcam doesn't seem to work with sound since I upgraded to W10, a new one is on order, but doubt it will be here before Sunday, so as above, I presume this won't be detrimental.  Assuming we are watching - unless of course there are questions and answers, but not used Zoom before so not sure how it works.

Carole  

1 hour ago, Paz said:

Great idea! Hope there is the opportunity to fit something in for visual observers.

Yes, we're exploring ideas for non-imaging content as we're wanting to ensure the breadth of the SGL community's interests are catered for 🤗

Helen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, carastro said:

Yes my current webcam doesn't seem to work with sound since I upgraded to W10, a new one is on order, but doubt it will be here before Sunday, so as above, I presume this won't be detrimental.  Assuming we are watching - unless of course there are questions and answers, but not used Zoom before so not sure how it works.

My understanding is also that Zoom works fine without outbound video.  I don't have much choice anyhow, as I don't really have enough bandwidth for sending video and in fact I don't have a camera connected to my PC anyhow.

James

• Like 2

Hello.Looking forward to this very much.Thanks for setting it up.

When I click on the link and then ,join a meeting' it asks for an I D and meeting name.How do I proceed to get to the event please?

7 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

How long will each session last ?

Am I correct thinking that with the free version of Zoom (never used this before all work is done via Teams) you only have 40 minutes when over 3 participants ?

Steve

FLO are kindly covering to cost of a proper zoom licence, so no time constraints 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if I'll find the time, but if the details are posted somewhere - or sent, I'd be interested in having them if I find I've got the time join you all.  The organisers are to be congratulated for making the effort 😄

So, to be clear:

1. You do NOT need a paid-for Zoom account to join the meeting. FLO are covering the costs for a Professional subscription for, so there are no time limits. You don't even need a Zoom account to join. You will just need to download the client - it takes a few minutes. You can join by phone or tablet, there are apps in the Google Play and Apple Store for Zoom.

2. We will post the meeting ID and password on here tomorrow, so you will have plenty of notice. The session will start promptly at 8pm, but don't worry if you are a bit late, we'll still let you in :)

We are really excited by this - should be huge fun! And please do share the word with societies or other groups!

And please do get in touch if you would like to do a talk, or have a suggestion for future topics. 

See you tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1