SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

StarGaZine Virtual Astronomy

Steve

Hope it went well guys, would have loved to have joined, but had our busiest ever week at work this week topped off by our busiest ever day today, and quite frankly, I'm knackered. 

This is a great endeavour. Would love to see Paul Money give a Zoom presentation, if you could twist his arm into doing one!

Best wishes

Tim

I had to leave before the end, but it was a big success, and I look forward to
more in future, it certainly takes the sting out of having no Star Party this year.
Must get myself a Microphone.  Also, Would my Canon Video recorder do as a camera?

Many thanks to Admin. for bringing this to SGL, and a big Thank You to Steve R. for an excellent 
performance, and look forward to more on the Imaging theme.
Ron.

Edited by barkis

7 hours ago, Tim said:

Hope it went well guys, would have loved to have joined, but had our busiest ever week at work this week topped off by our busiest ever day today, and quite frankly, I'm knackered. 

This is a great endeavour. Would love to see Paul Money give a Zoom presentation, if you could twist his arm into doing one!

Best wishes

Tim

I reckon you'll be busy for a while Tim, people will be eager to get their gardens ship shape for summer.  

Zoom is fantastic perhaps you might consider doing a presentation, Steve's was very good starting with a basic intro to imaging. It will get more in depth later though. 

Hope you and family are all well.                                                  Ron.

Fantastic broadcast  by  Steve,, really enjoyed it,, certainly a good way to spend a Sunday night,, fantastic idea to have this and many thanks to FLO for being it's sponsor, 

Looking forward to next week's broadcast,, should try and keep this as a regular fixture. 

I've been asked if there is anywhere it can be watched again. 

Davy 

13 hours ago, JamesF said:

Also very positive to see some "new" names too, even if we exclude the number of people apparently using their wife's account to connect :D

James

Haha. You spotted my deliberate mistake there then. It did confuse me a tad initially when I was referred to by my wifes name.Glad to hear I wasnt the only one or do AP'ers have a certain penchant for cross dressing? 🤣

Edited by Tangoringo

Carole can get an RPi running astro software so she's not easily curve-balled!

I don't even know what a RPi is or what it does!!???

See if I get better luck using the laptop.  did try that last night but had trouble logging into SGL as I have updated all my passwords in the last week or so due to being hacked.  So got locked out of SGL!!!   It wasn't my night.  Was so exhausted with all the frustration, I didn't feel up to going outside and wasted a clear evening.  

Carole 

8 minutes ago, Blackware said:

When/where will the recording be available to rewatch ?

We haven’t quite decided the ‘where’ yet but the ‘when’ will be later this week. It will be announced with link details once available.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, shirva said:

Fantastic broadcast  by  Steve,, really enjoyed it,, certainly a good way to spend a Sunday night,, fantastic idea to have this and many thanks to FLO for being it's sponsor,

Thanks, Davy, pleased you like it!

21 minutes ago, steppenwolf said:

Thanks, Davy, pleased you like it!

Thanks also Steve, our own astro club meetings have been cancelled so was great to hear another talk.  The Q&A was helpful too. 

Really glad to hear you all enjoyed it! It was great fun for us too!!

Steve will certainly be invited back for more talks/demo's in future sessions!

Looking forward to seeing you all again this week for Niz Szymanek's talk!

On 25/05/2020 at 13:07, Grant said:

We haven’t quite decided the ‘where’ yet but the ‘when’ will be later this week. It will be announced with link details once available.

Fantastic grant,, I missed Steve on the pipes,, could not figure out why I didn't have audio,, be good to get a link,,  I advertised it in astronomy Scotland Facebook group,, but still astounds me the amount of folk still asking the same questions,, would be great just to be able to give them a link to watch Steve's broadcast and it would be a great learning tool,, 

A Sgl utube channel to store the planned broadcasts,, is more than likely to be looked at by you guys,, as always good forward motion for astronomy,, well done guys 

Looking forward to seeing you all again this week for Niz Szymanek's talk!

I shall be well fed up if I can't hear this.  Using the laptop next time.

Is it Sunday 8pm again?

Carole 

On 26/05/2020 at 19:50, carastro said:

I shall be well fed up if I can't hear this.  Using the laptop next time.

Is it Sunday 8pm again?

Carole 

I think it's 7:30pm this time (according to the banner ad...)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, steppenwolf said:

You are perhaps the only SGL member who might think that Davy ! 🤣

Better to be a shepard  than a sheep 😁 not be laughing if I get you up here playing with the band at Stirling Castle 👍

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, carastro said:

Where can i find a link to the talk yesterday, Ways the Universe is trying to kill you or something along those lines, completely forgot until it was at least half way through.

It usually takes a couple of days for the video to go up.  I think all the others have been posted in a new thread in this group when they're ready though.

James

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...