Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

StarGaZine Virtual Astronomy

Steve

1 hour ago, daz said:

So, to be clear:

1. You do NOT need a paid-for Zoom account to join the meeting. FLO are covering the costs for a Professional subscription for, so there are no time limits. You don't even need a Zoom account to join. You will just need to download the client - it takes a few minutes. You can join by phone or tablet, there are apps in the Google Play and Apple Store for Zoom.

2. We will post the meeting ID and password on here tomorrow, so you will have plenty of notice. The session will start promptly at 8pm, but don't worry if you are a bit late, we'll still let you in :)

We are really excited by this - should be huge fun! And please do share the word with societies or other groups!

And please do get in touch if you would like to do a talk, or have a suggestion for future topics. 

See you tomorrow!

I'm sorry for bothering, but which timezone 8PM ?

5 minutes ago, andrew s said:

Too much wine it's still Saturday panic over!

:D  A genuine laugh-out-loud moment. You're aware it's a bank holiday on Monday, too?  He says, having only found out on Thursday himself...

James

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JamesF said:

:D  A genuine laugh-out-loud moment. You're aware it's a bank holiday on Monday, too?  He says, having only found out on Thursday himself...

James

As a retired person I rarely no what day it is and without my regular badminton, table tennis etc its even harder than normal. Regards Andrew

Edited by andrew s
  • Like 1

I'll have to wait until it's repeated. I'm on a night shift tomorrow night 😩

Maybe get to look in on it but I'll have people and processes requiring my attention that early in my shift.

If it could be put off until about 1am it might work for me :)

1 hour ago, happy-kat said:

Can I share this to friends who may be interested in seeing the event tonight but who may not be members here?

Yes.  It might be a good opportunity to encourage them to join SGL too 😁😁

Helen

• Like 5

• Grant pinned this topic
1 minute ago, Tangoringo said:

Any news on login details yet at all? Sorry to nag but I'm just checking I havent missed something somewhere.

Really looking forward to this and top work organising this series.

Scroll up a little bit 

4 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Scroll up a little bit 

Thanks Craig and Thank you for being so restrained with your reply to my completely numpty question.🤣 Cant believe I went straight past that post....not once, but at least three times. Doh!!!

Off now to wop myself around the noggin with vol1 of Burnhams Celestial Handbook in shame.

• Haha 1

Well I've registered and Zoom is installed on my Smartphone. Looking forward to Steve's presentation. I was informed I should type in an eleven digit number after the installation, but does that mean to access the meeting. I'm a bit puzzled by that, I may have it wrong, Perhaps that was intended for a pretend meeting.

Ron.

15 minutes ago, barkis said:

Well I've registered and Zoom is installed on my Smartphone. Looking forward to Steve's presentation. I was informed I should type in an eleven digit number after the installation, but does that mean to access the meeting. I'm a bit puzzled by that, I may have it wrong, Perhaps that was intended for a pretend meeting.

Ron.

Hi Ron, the 11 digit number is usually embedded in the link so when the details are published later it should take you straight to the meeting.

link to meeting here

Edited by FenlandPaul

26 minutes ago, FenlandPaul said:

Hi Ron, the 11 digit number is usually embedded in the link so when the details are published later it should take you straight to the meeting.

link to meeting here

Many thanks Paul, that's simplified it for me.   This new innovation could provide a great educational tool.   

👍Ron.

4 hours ago, hadyn42 said:

Thank you Grant for the information. Very much looking forward to looking in tonight!

I do hope that you are keeping well?

Best regards,

Hadyn - IOM

I will be watching as well. Hadyn also see latest post on GSP thread.

Derek