Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Hey,

I live in the NE of Scotland and have recently been bit by the Astrophotography bug!  I bought a Star tracker a few months back, but only started using it 3 weeks ago (due to crap weather).  The images posted are what I've managed to get with my Fujit XT2 and my various lenses.  Only just started stacking in DeepSkyStacker and trying to stretch / edit in Photoshop.  I've recently gotten the 45 day trial on Pixinsight so will be looking to try out editing in that.

Looking forward to learning a bunch from everyone!

Orion Nebula 2.jpg

Orion Belt and Nebula.jpg

Orion Final 5.jpg

Orion Constellation_4.jpg

• Like 5

Welcome! your images are great! i have to say i love the last one most, Orion, in all its glory.

Edited by Sunshine

Hi mate, wonderful images!

post-38669-0-15611000-1415316043.gif

Welcome- and congratulations on some wonderful images.

My favourite there is the widefield- the detail is exquisite.

Welcome! Great images, really like the widefield with Barnard’s Loop clearly visible. Keep them coming and enjoy.

Hi, welcome to SGL :smile:

Hi, great images and congratulations on your new hobby of Astrophotography.

Martin

Hi there, your images are superb!  Welcome from me way down south.  Clear Skies!

Hi and avery warm welcome to the Lounge. Also, welcome to the wonderful world that is astrophotography. Great images for your first attempts btw :)

Steve

Welcome from me, too. I hope you have lots of fun ... you certainly produce wonderful images. 🙂

Not sure where you are but the Aberdeen Astronomical Society meets fortnightly and might be of some interest ... ?

• Like 1

Hi and welcome, your star adventurer images are much better than mine. 

15 hours ago, Floater said:

Welcome from me, too. I hope you have lots of fun ... you certainly produce wonderful images. 🙂

Not sure where you are but the Aberdeen Astronomical Society meets fortnightly and might be of some interest ... ?

I'm about 15mins south of Aberdeen, unfortunately I've got bjj on Tuesdays.  Good to know for future thanks!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dave Lloyd said:

Hi and welcome, your star adventurer images are much better than mine. 

These were taken with the Move Shoot Move star tracker, I've just pulled the trigger on a Skywatcher star adventurer pro tracker as I'm wanting to get longer exposure times for the deep sky objects with my 200mm lens. 

Hello and welcome to the community, really nice image's, hope you enjoy your time with us.

Clear Sky's.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tjk01
      Im not exactly new to astrophotography but I am definitely new to stacking images. I first tried deep sky stacker because it seems it's what everyone uses. Almost every time I've tried stacking it only wants to stack 1 image cause of a star detection error. I made the detection threshold so it would detect the most amount of stars and it doesn't help. I read other posts and thought it was a focusing error on the stars so I made sure to focus the image as much as possible and the error still pops up. The Orion nebula picture is one of a data set where I tried to stack and the error came up but the stars are very clearly visible. Any suggestions? 
    • By perdrix
      DeepSkyStacker 4.2.4 Beta 3 is now available.
      https://github.com/deepskystacker/DSS/releases/tag/4.2.4-Beta-3
      Welcome to DeepSkyStacker 4.2.4 Beta 3
      The main changes in this release are:
      Fix to display Exposure, f-Stop, and ISO setting from EXIF tags in TIFF files. Update libtiff to  4.1.0 Automatic detection of CFA matrix based upon FITS keywords such as BAYERPAT, COLORTYP, and MOSAIC (for Meade DSI colour cameras).  The FITS File tab of the Raw/FITS DDP Settings dialogue has changed.  If you de-select the tick box for: "Monochrome 16 bit FITS Files are RAW files created by a DSLR or a color CCD camera", then automatic detection will be used.  You can override this by selecting this option and manually selecting the CFA pattern to be used.    All the other settings on that tab are now always available for modification. The exposure time is now correctly displayed for FITS files with the exposure time in microseconds (keyword EXPOINUS). Display a warning message saying that DeepSkyStacker won't de-Bayer 8-bit FITS images. Change code to read TIFF files in strips instead of by scanline.  This can reduce the time to read the image by as much as a factor of 3. Refactor the code to decode the TIFF file we just read and also use OpenMP.  Time to decode the image reduced by about 4-5 times. Refactor the code that writes TIFF files and use OpenMP to speed it up.   Also write the output file in strips rather than scanlines.  Substantial performance increase. Refactor the code that reads FITS files to make it easier to understand and also use OpenMP.  Only a marginal performance benefit. Major bug fix - calibration frames were either not applied or incorrectly applied when using Super-Pixel mode. Clear skies
      David

• By Bemster
      I just got an old kenko telescope cheap and I was thinking of going about modernizing it a bit. (okay its not very old)
      Since the equatorial mount that came with the telescope said it supported attachment of a R.A. motor, I was thinking of putting one on but I couldn't find any information on what kind of equatorial mount this is, is it EQ1, EQ2 or EQ3?? (pictures below)
      If it is EQ1 or EQ2, I was thinking of maybe attaching one of the simple type EQ 1/2 RA motors. (the economical types) Though I understand I need to ad hoc an adaptor to keep in place.
      Also, I've read those are adjustable in the rotation speed... just how adjustable are they?
      Any help would be great, Thx
    • By markastro
      Hi,

Looking for a 12" DOB (or larger) which can be transported to Prestwick, Ayrshire. Any brand, as long as the telescope is optically sound and in good working order. I'm a reliable buyer who has bought and sold on this site before.

Thanks,

Mark
    • By perdrix
      https://github.com/deepskystacker/DSS/releases
      Please note that the translation of the help is not yet done. So the help will be either as it was previously or a mixture of (e.g.) French and English
      The main changes in this release are:
      The 32 bit version will now run on Windows XP SP3.  It is likely that the next release of DeepSkyStacker will not do so. The stacking settings dialog width has been increased to reduce or eliminate the need to scroll the tabs. Add .rw2 to list of RAW file extensions. Change the colour scheme for DeepSkyStacker Live to make it more "night vision" friendly. Recognise and use GAIN values in FITS file from CMOS/CCD cameras in a manner similar to how ISO is handled for matching darks, lights etc..   Please note this is not the same as EGAIN (e-/ADU).  It refers to the camera's scaling of EGAIN. Update help files and add a new Dutch version of the help. Issue #83: Provide the option to perform NO White Balance processing at all (requested by Ivo Jager for StarTools). Fix for issue #42 - the stacking method "Average" wasn't always reported in the recap html file. Common control library 6 now used so some cosmetic changes such as filled progress bars.  Make the progress dialogs non-modal so that DeepSkyStacker can be minimised while processing. Update the DeepSkyStacker taskbar icon with a progress bar that matches the main progress bar. Saving of final TIFF file is now faster, and a number of other performance enhancements have been made. Ctrl-A will select all images in the file list (not the same as "Check All"). Del key will delete an image from the file list so you don't need right click and select "Remove from list" Bug fix - if you change the type of an image from the file list "Properties" dialogue, the icon was changed, but the text wasn't. Clear skies
      David

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.