Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First time using deep sky stacker and problem occured.. help me!

cleairx

Hello folks, yesterday, I tried my first ever deepsky object photoshoot, and I came back to home tryna use deepskystacker. 

I have successfully followed the steps of the deep-sky-stacker guide by astrobackyard https://astrobackyard.com/deep-sky-stacker-settings/ 

However, after a long time for my photographs to stack, I faced a problem. 

As I attached in the attachment, the screen is just grey and it seems as if there is no picture that is stacked as a result. Could you please help me ? 

Thank you

IMG_2388.jpeg

IMG_2391.jpeg

IMG_2390.jpeg

IMG_2389.jpeg

I think DSS saves the stacked image in the "Lights"-folder, with the name "Autosave.fits" or similar. Look for it there. Btw, I don't do any image processing or converting in DSS itself. I take the fits-files into Siril, does a couple of tweaks, and export them as tiff's, which I finish in Gimp. If you dont have Siril installed, DSS can be configured to save the finshed image as a tiff, which you can work on in Gimp or Photoshop.

2 hours ago, Rallemikken said:

I think DSS saves the stacked image in the "Lights"-folder, with the name "Autosave.fits" or similar. Look for it there. Btw, I don't do any image processing or converting in DSS itself. I take the fits-files into Siril, does a couple of tweaks, and export them as tiff's, which I finish in Gimp. If you dont have Siril installed, DSS can be configured to save the finshed image as a tiff, which you can work on in Gimp or Photoshop.

I do not think thats the case though, because I do not see the autosave file in my light frame folders and also as you see in my attachment, I do not see a preview picture but instead just see a plane grey rectangle.

I may be wrong, but I listened to your advice and searched the autosave file everywhere but they are not present anywhere unfortunately. 

Still thank you very much for the comment! 

I’m far from experienced but I’m also thinking that there’s no stack. If you click on this bit where I’ve squiggled E9F85446-2E4C-483A-B18E-23B50AEB9C71.thumb.jpeg.990adecd7bc6bfe81fa95c9534d57174.jpeg

it will bring you back to the images you added. 

Then click the “check all”

Then “stack checked pictures”

Ensure all settings are default and check the “register already registered images” box. 

Click ok or whatever it says in the bottom right corner. Then your images will be registered and stacked which will bring you back to this screen. Hopefully with an image. 

If that doesn’t work it could be a focus problem, registration issue etc and DSS might just not be throwing an error. If that’s the case try to reinstall, then move all images to another folder and delete the registration information and try again as above. 

if you upload your data then I will have a go for you if you like 

The first screenshot shows the normal "stacking completed" display of the RGB adjustment sliders.

But the second screenshot shows "No picture to save"

Puzzling.

Start over and show a screenshot of the result after only clicking on "Register checked pictures" (you did tick all the images to be stacked ?)

Needs to show the list of subs and their statistics.

Michael

Thank you all, I tried to click the register checked pictures  and then clicked  clicked stack checked pictures then it worked! 

I think that the problem was that I didnt register checked pictures but just straight  away went into stack checked pictures..

Thank you for commenting on my posts and tried to help me out, sorry I took so long to answer back 

• Like 1