Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

14 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

What size is it?

62mm fl 520mm f/8.4 petzval design I think. It's the Vixen A62SS, only an achromatic but quite a nice one it seems. Just wanted something that will fit in a rucksack with a tripod to carry out to dark skies. It only weighs 1.5kg!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Franklin said:

62mm fl 520mm f/8.4 petzval design I think. It's the Vixen A62SS, only an achromatic but quite a nice one it seems. Just wanted something that will fit in a rucksack with a tripod to carry out to dark skies. It only weighs 1.5kg!

Looks great, and indeed very lightweight!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was working away this week and got back home yesterday to find a couple of packages with "May Contain Clouds" stickers on them. :D

The new ASIAir Plus I ordered when FLO put it up on their site for pre-order, along with the EAF I ordered on Sunday had both arrived. 

Both are now attached to my Evostar ED80 DS Pro and I had a trial last night in the house, no signs of actually being able to use them under a clear sky in the near future. At least they're both setup and ready to go when I do get the opportunity. ;)

IMG_20211029_123943.thumb.jpg.1f441dc46ce5356d075e11b0b7441bea.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Budgie1 said:

I was working away this week and got back home yesterday to find a couple of packages with "May Contain Clouds" stickers on them. :D

The new ASIAir Plus I ordered when FLO put it up on their site for pre-order, along with the EAF I ordered on Sunday had both arrived. 

Both are now attached to my Evostar ED80 DS Pro and I had a trial last night in the house, no signs of actually being able to use them under a clear sky in the near future. At least they're both setup and ready to go when I do get the opportunity. ;)

IMG_20211029_123943.thumb.jpg.1f441dc46ce5356d075e11b0b7441bea.jpg

It's cloudy again, and I've never read of anyone actually finding clouds in the box so perhaps we need to compain to FLO that their packaging needs to be more cloud-secure and what we have to do if we find the clouds inside. 🤪

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ags said:

The clouds are invisible at ground level. That's why FLO struggle to keep them out the boxes. The moisture only condenses into droplets at altitude.

If you’re really unlucky your package might suffer cloud inversion

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's my birthday on Friday... I work from home and just popped downstairs to the kitchen for water. Passing through the lounge there is quite a large box with a Geoptik sticker on it my son has taken in from a delivery driver. I told the missus not to buy me anything, unless she's decided to take up astronomy? Or do Geoptik do a range of perfumes too? 😀

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

It's my birthday on Friday... I work from home and just popped downstairs to the kitchen for water. Passing through the lounge there is quite a large box with a Geoptik sticker on it my son has taken in from a delivery driver. I told the missus not to buy me anything, unless she's decided to take up astronomy? Or do Geoptik do a range of perfumes too? 😀

May be they've started a line in designer luggage. 😀

• Like 2

Courtesy of @HollyHound , a Berlebach Castor and extras, all in excellent condition and beautifully packed .

castor.jpg.924f1818e1777d8e5f1b0a77db9620d8.jpg

It only took seconds for me to PM that I wanted to buy it when HH put the ad. up, but it's taken rather longer for parcelforce to find where they were supposed to collect it from , but they managed it in the end !

Heather

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Well... I gave myself a project.

I am comparing entry-level 70-mm refractors.

So, this is what the postal carrier delivered this week:

MILE HIGH ASTRO - LAKEWOOD, COLORADO

1206331163_Meade70Celestron70MileHigh.jpg.7e1238a5c6a2100bc2d7743a9f9a3bfb.jpg

EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC, SPRINGDALE, ARKANSAS.

279269693_NationalGeographicExploreScientific25-oct-2021.jpg.b6f8361a986788c05b55b8c5ba056d9b.jpg

So far, it has been an interesting four nights and five early mornings.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Tiny Clanger said:

It only took seconds for me to PM that I wanted to buy it when HH put the ad. up, but it's taken rather longer for parcelforce to find where they were supposed to collect it from , but they managed it in the end !

Glad it’s arrived safe and sound at last 😀

One of the downsides to living on a farm… our usual ParcelForce driver was on holiday last week and the replacement obviously didn’t know the area 😬Got there in the end though and I hope you have many happy observing nights with it… it’s a great mount 👍

• Thanks 1

On 28/10/2021 at 08:30, Telescope40 said:

Hello all. Been a very good boy these last few months with a complete lack of purchasing. 
However - fancied this kit for my Stellarvue 102frac. Already had Primaluce tube rings on my SW 150.  Think it’s quality kit. 
From FLO and Widescreen Centre. 
105 tube rings and Stellamira handle. Already had the Primaluce dovetail bar. Does nothing to look thru the scope but a bit of bling is good on the eye. 
John 

C6713D68-61DA-4D0E-9459-BE2B5A63B5F0.jpeg

45EF346A-391B-4CAB-AA66-EAE1F967D444.jpeg

D5DF4825-B6D4-4764-BE8F-8D68C928AD94.jpeg

9F676CCB-6BF7-43D5-8E5B-BBC12C09F49A.jpeg

A beautiful OTA, those rings are smashing!

2 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

Glad it’s arrived safe and sound at last 😀

One of the downsides to living on a farm… our usual ParcelForce driver was on holiday last week and the replacement obviously didn’t know the area 😬Got there in the end though and I hope you have many happy observing nights with it… it’s a great mount 👍

The perils of rural navigation using a sat nav ! :evil4:

Just grabbed the chance for a quick 15 minutes 'getting the hang of it' viewing session, it worked well with the 102mm Bresser and after a few minutes I wasn't even noticing the mount, which to my mind means it's really good !

I'm hoping to spend some more time with it later if the clouds stay away after midnight, when every other street light round here goes off, and my suburban skies improve considerably 🙂

Heather

• Like 1