SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

5 hours ago, Stu said:

What are these strange yellow boxes I wonder?

94626EB4-4FAE-4F90-8081-C85043EED744.jpeg

If it's what I think it is. One thing of interest would be how much lighter it is compared with an AZ100?
i.e. Can you move around the AZ75 + tripod a lot easier than the AZ100 on a planet tripod.
Also what half-pillar works with it? Maybe Rowan should produce a matching pillar for the AZ100 and AZ75?
How well it supports an LZOS 130/F6?

7 minutes ago, callisto said:

Yes it does John 😄

Where did you get yours again 🤔

Here you go. Plenty of lengths to choose from. Easiest to get the length that lets you use the slots in the top dovetail but I used a full length handle and drilled new mounting holes.

https://www.wdscomponents.com/en-gb/tubed-handle-front-mounted-black-wds-8517/c-404/p-920

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Here you go. Plenty of lengths to choose from. Easiest to get the length that lets you use the slots in the top dovetail but I used a full length handle and drilled new mounting holes.

https://www.wdscomponents.com/en-gb/tubed-handle-front-mounted-black-wds-8517/c-404/p-920

Cheers 👍

Forgot to say John, I've got the "2 W/O Dielectric winging it's way to me as we speak 😉

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, callisto said:

Cheers 👍

Forgot to say John, I've got the "2 W/O Dielectric winging it's way to me as we speak 😉

The WO diag is a good match for the CC. 👍🏻

Bet you’re now checking out every weather forecast. 😁

Another “me being the postman “ as I travelled past the Widescreen Centre today …I bought  a nice  11/4” Williams optics dielectric diagonal ( I was going to go for the 2” but the additional weight wasn’t welcome on my small scopes :) 

766584F2-B9E2-416D-A76C-CDFACE9D5042.jpeg

Edited by Stu1smartcookie
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Just bought the StellaLyra 8inch f/8 Ritchey Chretien.  As I like to name all my astronomy gear, I have decided to call it Lionel (Lionel Ritchey Chretian 🤣🤣🤣). FYI I have named my Barlow lens Gary 🤣🤣.

Now just need to figure out/learn how to collimate, so if anyone has any good instructions let me know!

20211019_120103.thumb.jpg.17116def7b8819e4fad3cdb4ad8abd5b.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9