SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

19 hours ago, Dean Hale said:

The Universe. Quite image heavy (but some striking ones within). If not aware the new series starts on the BBC this Wednesday.

PXL_20211024_153507538.jpg

PXL_20211024_153647051.jpg

PXL_20211024_153857094.jpg

My partner looked quite disturbed when I told her I was looking forward to Cox on Wednesday. Heaven knows why.

I've not long finished Universal: A Journey Through the Cosmos. Not being particularly great at maths and theoretical physics I needed a pencil and paper for some of the chapters! Dean that book looks a bit less technical?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

My partner looked quite disturbed when I told her I was looking forward to Cox on Wednesday. Heaven knows why.

I've not long finished Universal: A Journey Through the Cosmos. Not being particularly great at maths and theoretical physics I needed a pencil and paper for some of the chapters! Dean that book looks a bit less technical?

Much more of a lighter read (not a slight) I guess to appeal to a wider audience - Although I'm sure something of interest within and something new to learn. I shall steal the Cox line very witty. 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 23/10/2021 at 15:41, callisto said:

Should have seen the 41mm Panoptic I used to have 😲  😉

I have the same, it's ludicrously large! I had to purchase a new mount just to use it!

On 23/10/2021 at 15:50, Nigella Bryant said:

That's not an eyepiece, this is an eyepiece, lol.

4973196-sized_100mm eyepiece7.jpeg

What even *is* that?!

• Haha 3

A Rigel QuikFinder found its way into my paws this afternoon, destined for use with my C80ED.  The C80's got a wide FOV so I've not been bothering with a finder, but it can be a literal pain in the neck on the occasions when I get lost in space. It's a lot neater and lighter than the Telrad on  my dob, so won't cause balance issues. The Rigel comes with two bases, so I might use it on something else too. That appeals to the Yorkshireman in me. Ordered Sunday and delivered this morning. Thanks Aunty!

image.png.4e66b3d74437cf9562a8c99dddd5b637.png

• Like 13

A nice flip mirror and illuminated reticle EP to help with my planetary imaging efforts.

I had an old camera box which is now great for storing it all.

think it will be useful to separate my visual and photography kit.

excellent service btw from Harrison Telescopes.

5E4BEED4-022D-454D-A40A-EED48A131C9F.jpeg

DA276090-920D-4713-B529-38AFEB53CD4A.jpeg

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Starwatcher2001 said:

That looks neat Andy.

Cheers Mark,

Yes the bits of foam it came with just slotted in perfectly!

I’ve  been having a few alignment problems when using the x2 Barlow so hope this will help to sort it out.

• Like 2

Postie delivered a new mount. Used but great condition AZ GTI plus extension pillar. Feels really solid on my 055b tripod.

All I need now is a lightweight second scope to attach to it as the NP101IS is too lardy and destined for the GM811G 

15C5F152-8E62-459B-8C58-AF1CE2200E08.jpeg

• Like 5

Time to swallow my pride and admit that my EQ6-R Pro was a purchase I made several years too early (logistically and physically difficult to use regularly). Instead, I got the TS version of the Skytee-2 and Geoptiks adaptor so I can use the tripod at least.

I also ordered 2 Primaluce saddles, only one of which was currently in stock and neither of which were sent with this order for reasons unknown - hopefully arriving soon.

image.thumb.png.e8d5bd1978e125f017f7381268daa2ca.png

image.thumb.png.7fceab1668a3ad3d8892f34e1309dd26.png

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, badhex said:

Time to swallow my pride and admit that my EQ6-R Pro was a purchase I made several years too early (logistically and physically difficult to use regularly). Instead, I got the TS version of the Skytee-2 and Geoptiks adaptor so I can use the tripod at least.

I also ordered 2 Primaluce saddles, only one of which was currently in stock and neither of which were sent with this order for reasons unknown - hopefully arriving soon.

image.thumb.png.e8d5bd1978e125f017f7381268daa2ca.png

image.thumb.png.7fceab1668a3ad3d8892f34e1309dd26.png

Nice mount...but I'm more interested in that extra large drill bit behind 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, callisto said:

Nice mount...but I'm more interested in that extra large drill bit behind 🤣

I was about to ask the same thing, part of a Dalek or perhaps something High Voltage?

Edited by Alan White
  • Haha 2