NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

3 hours ago, Dannomiss said:

Mine comes tomorrow morning 😁 from your pics, it looks anazing 😍😊👍

Yes, it looks good. Collimation pretty much spot on too. This also arrived today and if you've not already got some in stock, you will need it:

IMG_1645.jpg.67fbb535463b02ccf2db06afffc61325.jpg

As people who have the Heritage 130 model found, winding the focuser screw thread with PTFE tape makes it so much better. Without it, the focuser wobbles slightly as you adjust and isn't that smooth. The PTFE improves both these things.

Edited by JeremyS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Yes, it looks good. Collimation pretty much spot on too. This also arrived today and if you've not already got some in stock, you will need it:

IMG_1645.jpg.67fbb535463b02ccf2db06afffc61325.jpg

As people who have the Heritage 130 model found, winding the focuser screw thread with PTFE tape makes it so much better. Without it, the focus wobbles slightly and isn't that smooth. The PTFE improves both these things.

Ordered 😍 thank you 

Screenshot_20200615_195841_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

• Like 3

On 15/06/2020 at 09:22, Kluson said:
  • ...The tripod is bordering on hopeless - very wobbly when handled - but once I’d removed the extension pillar it has was robust enough for a dslr and heavy lens.  I operate the dslr remotely so don’t need to handle it much. 
  • The whole arrangement felt a lot less secure when I attached my 70ed...

It's a terrible tripod! I put my Star Adventurer on a second hand (ie cheap) Manfrotto 055 if I'm just using the DSLR, or an 075 if I want to use my little Skymax 90 (pushing it - OK for visual).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BinocularSky said:

It's a terrible tripod! I put my Star Adventurer on a second hand (ie cheap) Manfrotto 055 if I'm just using the DSLR, or an 075 if I want to use my little Skymax 90 (pushing it - OK for visual).

Actually it was Fenland Paul who said that not me. I just quoted him. He was giving us a run down of how he got on with his start adventurer. I was very interested to know as a beginner also going down that road. I am going to mount mine on a vanguard pro 2+ tripod which is a very sturdy beast. 🙂  Thanks and wish you clear skies

D

1 hour ago, Dannomiss said:

I've waited 3 weeks!! So excited. Ordered a heritage 130p. Waited two weeks and then was told not in stock. So they exchanged it for the 150p. And it arrived this morning

That's a really smart looking bit of kit. I hope you enjoy it. We look forward to some reports 🙂 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

That's a really smart looking bit of kit. I hope you enjoy it. We look forward to some reports 🙂 

I haven't set it up yet, but looks amazing. I know what I'm like with new things - have to contain my excited else I will damage it or break something lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Paul M said:

My new RPi 4B and cute purple heatsink case has arrived :)  

An feel an evening of Astroberry coming on...

image.thumb.png.65190e9992ca375c40791cbd3ec801aa.png

That's great, please let me know how you get on , I would also like to get a Raspberry Pi

cheers

D

17 minutes ago, Kluson said:

That's great, please let me know how you get on , I would also like to get a Raspberry Pi

cheers

I've been logging my progress so far on the end of this thread (my old RPi was too low spec!) :

• Like 1

Been imaging with a newt for about a year, have now pulled the plug on my first ever frac. What beautiful engineering!! I'm so impressed, I hope it works as well as it looks and feels :)

20200616_140111.jpg

20200616_140211.jpg

20200616_140609.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, PeterW said:

Customs payment request.... only been nearly a month since posting I’m from the west coast of US..... Getting closer.

Peter

Sounds just like the secondary mirror I ordered early November to be assured of getting it pre Christmas, and which eventually arrived in Feb!

1 minute ago, Captain Magenta said:

Sounds just like the secondary mirror I ordered early November to be assured of getting it pre Christmas, and which eventually arrived in Feb!

No that's sofas that are delivered in time for Christmas if ordered in November not mirrors 😂

Dave

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dan13 said:

Been imaging with a newt for about a year, have now pulled the plug on my first ever frac. What beautiful engineering!! I'm so impressed, I hope it works as well as it looks and feels :)

20200616_140111.jpg

Now that looks a really nice piece of kit... good luck with it 👍

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dan13 said:

20200616_140111.jpg

20200616_140211.jpg

20200616_140609.jpg

I have an older AA80 triplet and love it. The optics are as good as they look.

Steve

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HollyHound said:

Now that looks a really nice piece of kit... good luck with it 👍

Thank you I'm very excited to get out there. Will possibly post a review at some point 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sloz1664 said:

I have an older AA80 triplet and love it. The optics are as good as they look.

Steve

That's great to know and fills me with confidence many thanks