SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

I bought a new BST 8mm eyepiece as an upgrade to one of the kit EPs that comes with the heritage 150p. As soon as I took it out of box, it's weight alone convinced me it is worth £50. It's beautiful. 

Also bought a £2 pull string bag as a dust cover for telescope when sitting in the lounge 🔭😁

IMG_20200627_114839.jpg

IMG_20200627_114931.jpg

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Dannomiss said:

I bought a new BST 8mm eyepiece as an upgrade to one of the kit EPs that comes with the heritage 150p. As soon as I took it out of box, it's weight alone convinced me it is worth £50. It's beautiful. 

Also bought a £2 pull string bag as a dust cover for telescope when sitting in the lounge 🔭😁

IMG_20200627_114839.jpg

It gives great views of the lunar landscape and some great views double stars, etc.

18 minutes ago, Dannomiss said:

IMG_20200627_114839.jpg

IMG_20200627_114931.jpg

Great purchase the 8mm bst. Its my favourite in the range. (don't tell the other bsts I said that) it gives a very nice magnification in my 200p x150. It has also been very good in the 300p giving x187. Both of these powers seem to hit a nice sweet spot and produce a great image on all objects.

I don't think you will be disappointed with the purchase! Look forward to hear your thoughts on the 8mm over the stock 10mm

Baz

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dannomiss said:

Can't wait to view the moon again through it and see the difference 😁

It works great on my Sky-Watcher 200P.  Even on the 20 year old Meade 114-900, it works a treat!

Now this is service with a smile. Good old FLO. Ordered at 3.30pm yesterday, arrived at 11am today. Thank you chaps for the quick turn around, greatly appreciated.

As for the click lock. Amazing quality and my 1.25" eye pieces go straight in and lock centrally in an instant. No more fiddling with the two thumb screws.

an excellent but of kit, very happy with the purchase and service! 😁😁

DSC_0759.JPG

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Due to COVID-19 disruption these eyepieces are hard to get hold of right now. I paid a fiver over the odds for the 7mm and it was the last one in that particular shop.

There's no chance of purchasing the 16mm for a sensible price and receiving it promptly. Out of stock just about everywhere or long dispatch times.

A RACI 6x30 for the Skymax would be nice but they're like gold dust atm. OVL must be really struggling importing.

I noticed that earlier in the week, when I went to order a new BST StarGuider EP from Auntie FLO.  I had to order the one I wanted from elsewhere.  Royal Mail deliveries are really hit and miss at the moment, as I can't wait in all day, just in case.🙄

6 minutes ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

Now this is service with a smile. Good old FLO. Ordered at 3.30pm yesterday, arrived at 11am today. Thank you chaps for the quick turn around, greatly appreciated.

As for the click lock. Amazing quality and my 1.25" eye pieces go straight in and lock centrally in an instant. No more fiddling with the two thumb screws.

an excellent but of kit, very happy with the purchase and service! 😁😁

Would that work with the 200P? How does it affect the focus, as in is it a shorter tube than the SW supplied one?

1 hour ago, HollyHound said:

Arrived just now, and in excellent condition of course, courtesy of @johninderby... a TS-Optics 1.25" Crayford Focuser For Mak / SCT 😊

This is going on the Mak 127, to address (minor) mirror flop and just make it a bit easier focussing in general, as the focus knob is at the top when on my mounts 👍

76AD781E-36E5-4D8C-84AD-2A2618E29CBA.jpeg

That looks pretty & strong. Very nice. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dantooine said:

That looks pretty & strong. Very nice. 

Thanks 🙂

I was tempted into one of the 2" Skywatcher SCT focusers, but that really wouldn't have cleared the Mak 127 focuser knob and likely been very very back heavy!

3 minutes ago, Bobby1970 said:

Always liked the sound of this scope. Been waiting a while for it to arrive due to Covid19 disruption. Looking forwards to some darker nights now. :-). 

MVIMG_20200627_125856.thumb.jpg.28d427cc14f0a712411c0d49c9dbbccc.jpg

Was tempted by this very model myself a few months back... enjoy 😀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby1970 said:

Always liked the sound of this scope. Been waiting a while for it to arrive due to Covid19 disruption. Looking forwards to some darker nights now. :-). 

MVIMG_20200627_125856.thumb.jpg.28d427cc14f0a712411c0d49c9dbbccc.jpg

You may get the moon between clouds to test it. Better focuser than the standard one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, merlin100 said:

Would that work with the 200P? How does it affect the focus, as in is it a shorter tube than the SW supplied one?

Hi Merlin.

the click lock sits in the 2" adapter that comes with the scope. It only add 9.5mm extra to the tube and eye piece build up. It should only require a slight tweak to to gain focus. I haven't tried it yet though. I'm pretty sure it will be ok in the 200p

I will put this 2" adapter and clicklock on my 300p.  For quick eye piece changes. It also has the advantage that I can undo the clicklock and put my 2" eye piece directly in the adapter.

DSC_0762.JPG

Edited by Barry-W-Fenner

26 minutes ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

Hi Merlin.

the click lock sits in the 2" adapter that comes with the scope. It only add 9.5mm extra to the tube and eye piece build up. It should only require a slight tweak to to gain focus. I haven't tried it yet though. I'm pretty sure it will be ok in the 200p

I will put this 2" adapter and clicklock on my 300p.  For quick eye piece changes. It also has the advantage that I can undo the clicklock and put my 2" eye piece directly in the adapter.

DSC_0762.JPG

I maybe tempted to get one myself. Having to change between the 2" and 1.25" adapter would be come a bit after a while! 

2 hours ago, merlin100 said:

I maybe tempted to get one myself. Having to change between the 2" and 1.25" adapter would be come a bit after a while! 

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/baader-clicklock-2-125-adapter-2956214.html

Link attached. I can already see the benefits of this click lock. Having it in the 2" adapter is very convenient for my one 2" eye piece. It holds my  1.25 bst's very tight which is reassuring.

a good purchase me thinks.

not sure if converting 1.25 to 2" will have any performance benefits?

7 hours ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

I don't think you will be disappointed with the purchase! Look forward to hear your thoughts on the 8mm over the stock 10mm

Just ashame it's cloudy here as the moon would be fab with this 8mm