NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

1 hour ago, ApophisAstros said:

Nice , is that guider carbon fibre as it has that appearance?

Roger

Alas not. I think it's just plastic tube with a CF wrap. Ah well, so long as it does the job, and it was under £60 anyway.

21 hours ago, Wyvernp said:

Just received my heart Nebula print, I think it came out a bit dark but I love it nonetheless. 

Where did you get this printed. A load of potential printers online but prefer to use one that comes recommended.

Postie turned up with this little lot last Tuesday. Delivered it to Vader towers one box at a time an hour apart, despite Mrs. V saying "are you sure there's only 1 box, we're expecting 2?" No, he says, then comes back later looking a bit sheepish! 🤣

Due to work shifts etc. I only got the time to put it all together yesterday pm. Fits nicely in the corner I used to keep some of my guitars in.

Primary tweaked today, little dot is in the hole etc.

Andy

20200731_173854.jpg

Edited by Dark Vader
Fat fingers....
  • Like 9

47 minutes ago, Dark Vader said:

Postie turned up with this little lot last Tuesday. Delivered it to Vader towers one box at a time an hour apart, despite Mrs. V saying "are you sure there's only 1 box, we're expecting 2?" No, he says, then comes back later looking a bit sheepish! 🤣

Due to work shifts etc. I only got the time to put it all together yesterday pm. Fits nicely in the corner I used to keep some of my guitars in.

Primary tweaked today, little dot is in the hole etc.

Andy

20200731_173854.jpg

Looks a beauty, can't go wrong with skywatcher in my opinion 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stu said:

A nice new bin which will go very well in the corner of the kitchen. At least that’s what I told Mrs Stu 😉. Hope she doesn’t put rubbish in it though!! 🤣

Looking forward you seeing what this can do, amazing to have 150mm aperture in such a small package, will be fab for camping trips.

909ED744-5154-4B7E-97F8-946DBFC818CB.jpeg

Looking good, that'll give you some fun, clear skies 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, LeeHore7 said:

This little peach was delivered today, happy times, just need the clouds to do one as I didn't order clouds with it 😉😁 , it will compliment my explorer 150p nicely on my eq3-2 mount 

I have the same, lovely little scope and super sharp for both lunar and planets. I’ve recently got a Mak 150, and whilst it does make for a slightly brighter view on DSOs and a tiny bit more detail on lunar, the difference is not massive. So bang for buck the Mak 127 is superb 😊

Maybe I’ve been lucky, but both are also really very collimated too 👍

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Chris Wright said:

Where did you get this printed. A load of potential printers online but prefer to use one that comes recommended.

This particular one was done by my-picture.co.uk 

It is a bit dark, I guess it's hard to tell how these prints will turn out once printed but at the same time I wouldn't want it do come out ultra light either.

It's printed on dibond aluminium in matte

Edited by Wyvernp

A nice late delivery today. A new tripod to replace my cheap and cheerful Amazon Basics one. Pretty decent, and the Ballhead is nice, except the release plate which is plastic and not metal like my other ballhead, but happy enough!

IMG_20200801_214441.jpg

IMG_20200801_214511.jpg

IMG_20200801_214726.jpg

• Like 6

On 01/08/2020 at 14:20, HollyHound said:

I have the same, lovely little scope and super sharp for both lunar and planets. I’ve recently got a Mak 150, and whilst it does make for a slightly brighter view on DSOs and a tiny bit more detail on lunar, the difference is not massive. So bang for buck the Mak 127 is superb 😊

Maybe I’ve been lucky, but both are also really very collimated too 👍

Hi Holly 

Yes I'm well impressed with the skymax 127 so far though only had a fleeting view of the moon and Jupiter last night as the clouds cleared for 10 minutes, I was blow away how sharp it looks and only a low power 20mm ep to try it out, and look forward to higher power ep views, the skymax 150 was just that bit to expensive for me so went with the 127 and well happy with it 

Edited by LeeHore7
  • Like 2

Not delivered today, but on Friday and opened this morning after compulsory 3 day quarantine for all deliveries that is enforced by Mrs K.

A new to me Tele-Optic Giro Ercole mount thanks to @jock1958.

IMG_20200803_080942.thumb.jpg.955c1441e6e436b40719ec18a73f5668.jpg

IMG_20200803_080955.thumb.jpg.23f3633fa369b199756c21d76ad01cbf.jpg

I wasn't fully prepared for the size of the Ercole, here is a family shot with it alongside it's little brother (Ercole Mini) and baby brother (Giro GR2)

IMG_20200803_081337.thumb.jpg.a08d27fb7b551767327cc4ea1613de25.jpg

Looking forward to playing this evening and hoping for some solar action through the day today.

Edited by AdeKing
Spelling
  • Like 13

Super happy it has finally arrived! My new 150 PDS (only the OTA, already had the mount) Hoping for some first light this week!

Cant figure out why there is a mirror on the back though? Heat reflection? (thought they might have put it on the wrong way until I looked inside LOL)

IMG_20200803_101554.thumb.jpg.c28cf5812bdab5785d405356373d259e.jpg

IMG_20200803_103428.thumb.jpg.6b177268ba2e3065671a33434f6537c4.jpg

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Bagginsies said:

Cant figure out why there is a mirror on the back though? Heat reflection? (thought they might have put it on the wrong way until I looked inside LOL)

There were a spate of Heritage 150 scope with the same, rather than the usual etched surface. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daf1983 said:

After some trouble finding a copy, the Sky and Telescope pocket sky atlas got delivered today. Need to make some FOV circles now to use while star hopping

Love this, it's my favourite sky chart. I got mine just before Christmas, but noticed that it went out of stock earlier this year and (as you say), very difficult to find anywhere 😬

I'm still waiting for the 'big' parcel... hoping it's soon (2 months now and some ominous noises being made by people - different supplier - about orders being cancelled due to inability to provide any delivery dates...). 

Today's delivery was music related (some music for bass) so not relevant here!

2 minutes ago, IB20 said:

Let’s see how this does around Cygnus then!

9B4FE0E7-D5A8-4A52-B332-7EDCAC3FF7D8.jpeg

Should be good !

When you have a look at the filter, see if the word "Profil" is printed on it or not. Some seem to have that and some don't but I can't find out the significance of it :icon_scratch: