NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

1 hour ago, John said:

When you have a look at the filter, see if the word "Profil" is printed on it or not. Some seem to have that and some don't but I can't find out the significance of it :icon_scratch:

1 hour ago, IB20 said:

Just “Astronomik” and “UHC0010067155”.

I have the same filter (ordered from FLO back in March), has exactly the same "Astronomik" and "UHC0010066070" (which is also printed on the case as a serial number). No sign of anything saying "Profil" 🤔

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

Baby mak has arrived. 🙂

Just a little Bresser MC100/1400 mak. Wanted something smaller and lighter than a 127 mak. Will start a thread on it later.

Another one, John? Something for the "English obsession" thread 🙂

Looks very nice!

• Haha 1

On 03/08/2020 at 17:55, Tenor Viol said:

I'm still waiting for the 'big' parcel... hoping it's soon (2 months now and some ominous noises being made by people - different supplier - about orders being cancelled due to inability to provide any delivery dates...). 

I’m waiting too. The order cancellation sounds worrying, although I guess I would prefer a cancellation to just being strung along. Good luck with yours. 

On 03/08/2020 at 19:02, wormix said:

Been after a Megrez 72 for a while and my wish has finally been granted,

I sold mine a couple of weeks ago - first time I have ever sold a scope and I’m missing it already!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johninderby said:

Just a little Bresser MC100/1400 mak. Wanted something smaller and lighter than a 127 mak. Will start a thread on it later.

Now that looks like a nice little scope, interested to hear how it performs... very occasionally I miss the little Mak 102 I had when I started out all those long months ago at Christmas, but it's gone to a good home 😁

14 minutes ago, RobertI said:

I sold mine a couple of weeks ago - first time I have ever sold a scope and I’m missing it already!!

Yes, I didn’t even get a chance to enquire after yours before it sold!

This will be sitting firmly in the “never to be sold” pile. 

• Like 1

Well this was a surprise as I was told I would have to wait until September for it.

Came today, but was not expecting such a huge and heavy box.  chair stood next to it for size comparison. 

BOX.JPG

Also never seen such solid packing before.

Open Box.JPG

Also was not expecting such a huge case for a telescope. 

Case.JPG

Well no wonder it was so huge, because it accommodates all the accessories too.

Open case.JPG

So here it is.

Esprit.JPG

Not going to be able to use it just yet, as I need to get a Vixen Dovetail and a focal reducer and adapter.

It is much bigger and heavier than I thought it would be as well. 

Carole  

Edited by carastro
  • Like 13

Low emissivity film (0.09) to wrap a Takahashi in. Also to be used inside and out of a new shield for Mewlon 180 to keep those nasty dew currents away!

20200805_113915.thumb.jpg.46077f4c1139c3f0cd906e7d250791c5.jpg

Regards Andrew 

Edited by andrew s
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, andrew s said:

Low emissivity film (0.09) to wrap a Takahashi in. Also to be used inside and out of a few shield for Mewlon 180 to keep those nasty dew currents away!

Regards Andrew 

Snap! Well not quite. I recieved a 2 pack of space blankets today (would have cost more than my scope did to get the window film). Have just used one of them to wrap my plastic fullerscope tube. Its looks snazzy if nothing else! 

20200805_114739.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Snap! Well not quite. I received a 2 pack of space blankets today (would have cost more than my scope did to get the window film). Have just used one of them to wrap my plastic fullerscope tube. Its looks snazzy if nothing else! 

Yes quite. I will be selling off the excess at ££££ per square cm 😉.

Regards Andrew

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, andrew s said:

Low emissivity film (0.09) to wrap a Takahashi in. Also to be used inside and out of a new shield for Mewlon 180 to keep those nasty dew currents away!

Regards Andrew 

So how does it work Andrew and where do you wrap it?

PS for a mo I thought that was a very long FL refractor in the cardboard box 🙂

Silly me!

Edited by JeremyS
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

So how does it work Andrew and where do you wrap it?

PS for a mo I thought that was a very long FL refractor in the cardboard box 🙂

Silky me!

It goes on the outside of the tube to stop it over cooling and creating a boundary layer on the inside. 

Look at the post just before your wind up in the thread "Science behind seeing (SCT C5 80mm APO)" and the linked paper.

Regards Andrew 

• Thanks 1

Postie delivered my new guide scope. I hope somebody somewhere is enjoying said guide scope as this is not a picture of my front door! :D 

Screenshot_2020-08-05-12-05-38-39.thumb.jpg.22e2bceaac9b8e6da66a86b1060a53c6.jpg

8 minutes ago, Chris Wright said:

Postie delivered my new guide scope. I hope somebody somewhere is enjoying said guide scope as this is not a picture of my front door! :D 

Screenshot_2020-08-05-12-05-38-39.thumb.jpg.22e2bceaac9b8e6da66a86b1060a53c6.jpg

OMG, that's awful, I'm surprised more hasn't gone missing TBH with couriers only taking pics to confirm delivery. Hope it gets sorted.

2 minutes ago, Nigella Bryant said:

OMG, that's awful, I'm surprised more hasn't gone missing TBH with couriers only taking pics to confirm delivery. Hope it gets sorted.

Thank you Nigella, the vendor has said they will sort it out - hope they do before I get some clear skies! :)

6 minutes ago, Nigella Bryant said:

That’s really bad. You can’t see where it is. Could the delivery bloke not read?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chris Wright said:

That is bad, I hope you get it sorted soon. Normally the driver at leasts asks my name before putting the parcel inside and taking a picture. So either they didn't this time or the wrong addressee has the same name which is highly unlikely.

Steve