Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

This little peach was delivered today, happy times, just need the clouds to do one as I didn't order clouds with it 😉😁 , it will compliment my explorer 150p nicely on my eq3-2 mount 

IMG_20200731_172829.jpg

IMG_20200731_195613.jpg

Edited by LeeHore7
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Dantooine said:

Very sweet. Planets are well positioned for that baby. 

Yes can't wait to use it, she sure us sweet, chuffing clouded over here, curse of the new scope, typical as clear as a bell last two nights, but skies will clear again in the future. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, laudropb said:

The green and black tribe continues to grow. Having got the 5 and 18.2 mm delites I was so impressed with their performance I decided to add the 11 mm to my set.

That's a great set of ep 

Edited by LeeHore7

14 hours ago, HollyHound said:

They really are very nice thought, aren't they

Very much so! I was in the same position you are in now, if one finds an eyepiece they really enjoy, the next will almost guaranteed be of the same line. Have fun figuring out which one you want next! There’s a reason Pentax eyepieces have the reputation they have.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LeeHore7 said:

This little peach was delivered today, happy times, just need the clouds to do one as I didn't order clouds with it 😉😁 , it will compliment my explorer 150p nicely on my eq3-2 mount 

IMG_20200731_172829.jpg

IMG_20200731_195613.jpg

That sweet little 127 Mak will make short work of planets and the moon, enjoy that!.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Very much so! I was in the same position you are in now, if one finds an eyepiece they really enjoy, the next will almost guaranteed be of the same line. Have fun figuring out which one you want next! There’s a reason Pentax eyepieces have the reputation they have.

It’s a shame they’re so expensive but you realise why when you hold one in your hand and more so looking through them. Decent camera lenses aren’t cheap either. I never would have thought i’d buy such an exiensive eyepiece when I started a year+ ago but I convinced myself (rather too easily 😬🤦‍♂️) that if i looked after them it was a lifetime investment in something I love, so why not!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, markse68 said:

It’s a shame they’re so expensive but you realise why when you hold one in your hand and more so looking through them. Decent camera lenses aren’t cheap either. I never would have thought i’d buy such an exiensive eyepiece when I started a year+ ago but I convinced myself (rather too easily 😬🤦‍♂️) that if i looked after them it was a lifetime investment in something I love, so why not!

Could not have been said better!.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sunshine said:

That sweet little 127 Mak will make short work of planets and the moon, enjoy that!.

Hi sunshine 

Yes I can't wait to use it in earnest and enjoy the planets and moon, its been in my wishlist for a while and has great reviews 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chris Wright said:

At last the elusive Baader OIII to compete the collection.

IMG20200731102800.thumb.jpg.422dca22ced9966437f18d1e3c815291.jpg

Tell me about it. I'm still waiting for the 36mm Baader narrowband set, seems an even longer wait. Not ordered yet, but FLO say 40 - 60 Day lead time. No one else has them in stock either. I'm not pre ordering, because if I am having to wait this long, some used ones may pop up in the classifieds.

John 

On 29/07/2020 at 12:15, Dantooine said:

I thought I would give one of these a try on various eyepieces. I will start off with the pan 27. Not sure until I try if these fit ethos, if they do I’m trying for Delos comfort. 

F0D42906-EF4C-4C75-938D-EF7D4419D301.jpeg

They are handy on eyepieces with too much eye relief such as the 32mm and 40mm plossls. Not sure how much th 27 Pan has but they do help you keep your eye in the right place, and cut out glare.

• Like 1

A nice new bin which will go very well in the corner of the kitchen. At least that’s what I told Mrs Stu 😉. Hope she doesn’t put rubbish in it though!! 🤣

Looking forward you seeing what this can do, amazing to have 150mm aperture in such a small package, will be fab for camping trips.

909ED744-5154-4B7E-97F8-946DBFC818CB.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

36 minutes ago, johngm said:

Tell me about it. I'm still waiting for the 36mm Baader narrowband set, seems an even longer wait. Not ordered yet, but FLO say 40 - 60 Day lead time. No one else has them in stock either. I'm not pre ordering, because if I am having to wait this long, some used ones may pop up in the classifieds.

John 

The Ha And SII are in stock and I put a wanted ad up for the OIII. It may be different now but I was informed a couple of weeks ago that the UK distributor and factory in Germany was out of stock. Another vendor told me this week that there should be stock in a month. Best of luck, hope you get them soon.

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

A nice new bin which will go very well in the corner of the kitchen. At least that’s what I told Mrs Stu 😉. Hope she doesn’t put rubbish in it though!! 🤣

Looking forward you seeing what this can do, amazing to have 150mm aperture in such a small package, will be fab for camping trips.

909ED744-5154-4B7E-97F8-946DBFC818CB.jpeg

Light (can be moved around for camping), bucket (a bin)?🤔🤣