Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

Well the nice Post Person has delivered while I was out at the Doctors (yet again) and a new bundle of joy has arrived.

Please say welcome to my (new to me) Pre-Loved 5mm Nagler t6,
it is joining my 11mm t6 and 7mm t6, which I enjoy using very much.
I just need the 9mm and a few others to join it one day when funds allow.

IMG_3464.thumb.JPG.f494a690a621f7f57dc151ffdc43ff1d.JPG

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Well the nice Post Person has delivered while I was out at the Doctors (yet again) and a new bundle of joy has arrived.

Please say welcome to my (new to me) Pre-Loved 5mm Nagler t6,
it is joining my 11mm t6 and 7mm t6, which I enjoy using very much.
I just need the 9mm and a few others to join it one day when funds allow.

IMG_3464.thumb.JPG.f494a690a621f7f57dc151ffdc43ff1d.JPG

Never had the 5, but enjoyed the 2.5, 3.5 and 7mm very much. Such lovely compact eyepieces for the 82 degree fov.

• Like 1

This should be fun!  A kit to convert my paper-tube-rocket launcher into one which launches part-filled-water-bottle-rockets (proper 'jet' rockets).  I'm slightly concerned that part of the kit is an extension to the firing lead, suggesting that things might get a little messy??  It will be fun to test though 🙂   and wet fun at Lucksall @SimonS? (maybe as a finale rather than routine launches?)

Helen

IMG_20190703_231906.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SimonS said:

@Helen That looks great, we will definately need the try that out......maybe a cheeky meetup before hand to 'hone our skills' :D 

I like that idea a lot!! 😁😁😎😎

• Like 1

Amazing! Arrived today from FLO and only took one week (it usually takes 3 or 4 weeks).

I am just a little bit excited! Potentially a clear night ahead and Jupiter at 74 degrees altitude and Saturn at 66 degrees, I am prepared to be blown away with the views through this little beauty in the 12 inch Dob.

A bit of an experiment to see just how superior a top class EP like this is to my Skywatcher Planetary budget EP, which gives surprisingly good views for not much money. Results to follow in due course! :)

yin4co10nv4q.jpg.622e9026f309aaa1500e631b6ac8fa47.jpg

Edited by Geoff Barnes
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Geoff Barnes said:

Amazing! Arrived today from FLO and only took one week (it usually takes 3 or 4 weeks).

I am just a little bit excited! Potentially a clear night ahead and Jupiter at 74 degrees altitude and Saturn at 66 degrees, I am prepared to be blown away with the views through this little beauty in the 12 inch Dob.

A bit of an experiment to see just how superior a top class EP like this is to my Skywatcher Planetary budget EP, which gives surprisingly good views for not much money. Results to follow in due course! :)

yin4co10nv4q.jpg.622e9026f309aaa1500e631b6ac8fa47.jpg

Jupiter at 74 degrees, that's soooo unfair!

Hope you have a good time with the SLV, I'm a big fan of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The ioptron AZ Pro just arrived. Not impressed with the lumps and bumps on the boxes. Sometimes delivery people just don't care. The posty just kept grumbling about the weight. Whinger!

mount 1.jpg

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, mihaighita said:

OMG! Has anything survived inside there?

It was a second hand OTA ( Celestron C8N)......   it took a few knocks.....😖

IMG_1999.thumb.JPG.88497aef0b610cc626a6d68925c85d2b.JPG

Edited by Craney
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, johninderby said:

the primary mirror was broken in two. 🙀

That's a shocker.

This one did survive, and actually does produce an image but I would not like to examine the star shapes too closely.   Probably needs a tilt-adjuster or several...

Amazon Prime delivery brought me a 1TB USB3 HD which should help with the vast amount of data I'm hoping to capture with my astro imaging.  The CMOS ASI1600MM uses hundreds of short exposures of 32MB each gobbling up HD space at an alarming rate.  And processing in PixInsight uses even more.  The external drive is to unload stuff off my main system SSD which is only 500GB.

• Like 5

This beauty 😍

Well ok it wasn’t the postman- had to drive to Cambridge to pick it up. And yea ok it’s not really beautiful- pretty damned ugly really 😉 But beneath its ugly exterior lies a Jim Hysom 8.5” f8 mirror in immaculate condition- it’s a beast! And this surprised me in a really nice way- a really nice clever easy to adjust secondary mount and the crusty old focuser has a fine focus (geared) knob! And is really nice to use with no sloppiness. Anyone know if the focuser and secondary mount are Fullerscope parts? The finder is. Of course it had to be cloudy today...

oh and it’s got a little door so you can get in there with a feather duster to remove cobwebs!

D1D57DE1-78A4-4A47-AD36-A39924AD8A71.jpeg

A2D8CF58-70B5-4687-A419-AF49E3E5F00E.jpeg

55B654E5-7832-406C-8E6A-10BE92347B56.jpeg

8A8B8054-F5DC-4DF4-AF4C-CA9E27F533A4.jpeg

EBD9042E-E693-4321-9578-4DEE2199324D.jpeg

96DBD1ED-DF9D-4CFA-A0EE-D9CF7EE25B92.jpeg

AEE90022-274A-4CD2-9E62-697AD0BACEDF.jpeg

• Like 9