NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mercury Transit 9th May 2016

Ibbo!

Looks to be good in Leeds, if not a tad windy so I've got the skytee2 and 72mm ED on WL duty.. should be stable enough!

Good luck everyone, hope there's at least a glimpse for most..

Ta

Fozzie

I am about to leave in 20 minutes to meet up with Herefordshire AS members to drive north up the M6. We will stop at Stafford, Sandbach, Knutsford until we fine clear skies. The car is loaded up with Frac and PST. I know its a bit of a journey but I did travel to California in 2012 to view Transit of Venus so whats a hundred miles :smiley:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

I am about to leave in 20 minutes to meet up with Herefordshire AS members to drive north up the M6. We will stop at Stafford, Sandbach, Knutsford until we fine clear skies. The car is loaded up with Frac and PST. I know its a bit of a journey but I did travel to California in 2012 to view Transit of Venus so whats a hundred miles :smiley:

Good luck Mark! Hope you find some sunshine.

I can't travel today so it's either a lucky break in the back garden or watch online, which doesn't really do it for me! Still, I got a glorious 6 minutes of the Venus transit before 3rd contact so perhaps I'll be lucky again!

You are more than welcome to come here. Wall to wall Sun all day is forecast. I also have some Masham sausages and my BBQ to hand. Note my obsy view is restricted after about 5:30. Garden is ok though.

Edited by Owmuchonomy
Info.
  • Like 2

Chris,

Thank you for the offer it is very kind of you, I will try Boston first purely on the grounds of the time getting home again. However, I may still take you up on the offer, I will send you a PM on here via my iPhone if it is crabby in Boston :happy6:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pig said:

I didn't see the note on the sausages :happy6: lets hope it is cloudy in boston

Sausages are one thing from Masham.. The fine local brew, both of them, are something else entirely!! Ah happy (foggy) memories!

1 hour ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

Supposed to be sunny here in penmaenmawr until 3pm but we seem to have some thin white cloud and some haze

Morning all. I've taken a day's holiday for the transit, but the forecast has been very poor down here in Cornwall. Current forecast is 100% cloud for the duration of the event, before starting to clear 1 hour after fourth contact :hmh:: http://clearoutside.com/forecast/50.36/-4.74

I suppose I used up all my weather luck last year, with the March partial solar eclipse and September total lunar eclipse being cloud-free.

Good luck, all, with the transit!