Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring? V2

Grant

Not delivered but collected after an Astro Buy and Sell find. RVO Horizon 72ED plus a box of accessories including a flattener, a 2" diagonal, a 1.25" diagonal, a 2" Barlow, a 1.25" Barlow, a mobile phone holder, an extension tube, a Cannon T ring, Polarizing filter, Light Pollution filter and various EP's.

IMG_0981.thumb.jpg.429d301a828b79a3d49b781ee89ca09a.jpg

• Like 19

On 25/07/2023 at 21:34, Alan White said:

Post or DPD delivered two focusers for my Lunt LS40, one damaged and one with holding issues, it would not hold the blocking filter and a small eyepiece, just shot out.
Terrible considering they were new FT focusers!
Both rejected and order cancelled and will stick with the Helical unit going forwards.

Also had waited months (7 plus) for a Lunt case, still unavailable, so cancelled that too, which leads to the nexty delivery.
A case from Maplins, foam (solid) inside.

unnamed(2).thumb.jpg.8ca1ef345d9acd4df6fdbd18af568439.jpg

Now cut out for the LS40 Lunt an set in focus.
Very happy with this, especially as the case was under £40 delivered, the Lunt ones are £139 and not available.

unnamed(3).thumb.jpg.53948dd935172c0cad92defe7ea94346.jpg

Spot on. Looks very pro. 

• Thanks 1

I guess I am the second one who received an ASIAir Plus today 😉. Probably I will not use it for my garden setup where I still prefer a laptop, but for expeditions and star parties, the new toy should do a good job.

I could have purchased a MeLe mini computer instead, but frankly speaking, I do not want to fiddle with all that software installations and remote desktop matters. Anyway, our astronomy club has just acquired a MeLe Quieter 3C, so I will follow up how it performs.

Juergen

IMG_0561.jpg

• Like 8

On 27/07/2023 at 15:31, Swoop1 said:

Not delivered but collected after an Astro Buy and Sell find. RVO Horizon 72ED plus a box of accessories including a flattener, a 2" diagonal, a 1.25" diagonal, a 2" Barlow, a 1.25" Barlow, a mobile phone holder, an extension tube, a Cannon T ring, Polarizing filter, Light Pollution filter and various EP's.

IMG_0981.thumb.jpg.429d301a828b79a3d49b781ee89ca09a.jpg

~

Quite a package. Looks like somebody giving up.

A Stellamira 125 ED f7.8 refractor... The Oklop case is nice...

This telescope did not arrive with the advertised losmandy plate, rather a vixen dovetail bar. Perfect except I bought a vixen bar so will need to return it.

I have been destroyed by a virus this week so cannot really be bothered having a proper look... 🙄

20230801_180602.thumb.jpg.65b1c9f35d0e1649d34a85e88dd338a7.jpg

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet
  • Like 20

14 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

A Stellamira 125 ED f7.8 refractor... The Oklop case is nice...

This telescope did not arrive with the advertised losmandy plate, rather a vixen dovetail bar. Perfect except I bought a vixen bar so will need to return it.

I have been destroyed by a virus this week so cannot really be bothered having a proper look... 🙄

20230801_180602.thumb.jpg.65b1c9f35d0e1649d34a85e88dd338a7.jpg

Could it be that the losmandy bar is on the bottom of the tube rings ?

(sorry you are feeling unwell and apologies if you have already looked at the other side of the scope)

Edit: I realise now that you must have checked this so please ignore my suggestion 🙄

Edited by John
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, John said:

Could it be that the losmandy bar is on the bottom of the tube rings ?

(sorry you are feeling unwell and apologies if you have already looked at the other side of the scope)

Edit: I realise now that you must have checked this so please ignore my suggestion 🙄

That’s the handle/mounting rail on top isn’t it? Always possible that Peter is feeling so rubbish he hasn’t taken the scope out yet and there really is a Losmandy plate on it? We shall soon find out I’m sure 😊

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

That’s the handle/mounting rail on top isn’t it? Always possible that Peter is feeling so rubbish he hasn’t taken the scope out yet and there really is a Losmandy plate on it? We shall soon find out I’m sure 😊

Chaps... I did take the scope out and remove the wrapping paper before collapsing back in bed where I am now...  Handle on top and a vixen dovetail on the bottom. 👍

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Chaps... I did take the scope out and remove the wrapping paper before collapsing back in bed where I am now...  Handle on top and a vixen dovetail on the bottom. 👍

Well that's interesting, given the statement on that other thread that I can't find now.
Perhaps they did it just for you??

But now you've also removed one of the reasons why I wasn't going to be tempted by this offer :biggrin:
Only a few more days to stay strong ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That’s interesting. I have one in my FLO basket at the moment, including a vixen bar. I was going to ponder overnight and decide in the morning. The photo on their page definitely shows it with a Losmandy bar and when I contacted them today they recommended a couple of vixen bars as an alternative.

A similar scope on another suppliers website has been updated with "Please note - supplied with a Vixen format dovetail bar not a Losmandy style as pictured."

Possibly the manufacturer has made a change without consulting the supplier(s)?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, YogSothoth said:

That’s interesting. I have one in my FLO basket at the moment, including a vixen bar. I was going to ponder overnight and decide in the morning. The photo on their page definitely shows it with a Losmandy bar and when I contacted them today they recommended a couple of vixen bars as an alternative.

I did the same, buying a red Stellalyra 220mm vixen and a couple of screws. The scope came with a black medium vixen bar already fitted.

Evidence! 😀

20230801_203733.thumb.jpg.e762c15d78a33cf8ea2bfdaf5e811f09.jpg

This second bout of COVID (just done a test🙄) has not sent me nuts... 🙄

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

I did the same, buying a red Stellalyra 220mm vixen and a couple of screws. The scope came with a black medium vixen bar already fitted.

Evidence! 😀

20230801_203733.thumb.jpg.e762c15d78a33cf8ea2bfdaf5e811f09.jpg

This second bout of COVID (just done a test🙄) has not sent me nuts... 🙄

Sorry to hear you are under the weather, I too am currently on day 5 of a mystery illness, COVID test in the post 😒

• Sad 2

Extended my Altair Sabre/Tripod setup with an EQ6 extender from RVO:

extended_sabre.jpg.d8cf5aa7f5c799dc91cbad49796f8eea.jpg

And an 'as new' Omegon 2" Diagonal from Ebay. May have been a demo product as pristine inside with just a nick in the nosepiece.  Needed this to extend the focus length on the GSO focuser now on the Celestron Starsense 80 refractor. I had the focuser on an ST80 and moved it to the Celestron, together with some decent scope clamps, so the ST80 is back to its original setup.

diagonal.jpg.690c36f738f00744cee436df71b65616.jpg

Apologies for extending this wet/cloudy weather period (it must end soon surely).

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, StevieDvd said:

Extended my Altair Sabre/Tripod setup with an EQ6 extender from RVO:

extended_sabre.jpg.d8cf5aa7f5c799dc91cbad49796f8eea.jpg

And an 'as new' Omegon 2" Diagonal from Ebay. May have been a demo product as pristine inside with just a nick in the nosepiece.  Needed this to extend the focus length on the GSO focuser now on the Celestron Starsense 80 refractor. I had the focuser on an ST80 and moved it to the Celestron, together with some decent scope clamps, so the ST80 is back to its original setup.

diagonal.jpg.690c36f738f00744cee436df71b65616.jpg

Apologies for extending this wet/cloudy weather period (it must end soon surely).

Do you have a link to the focuser?  I've been enjoying my ST80 and will be picking up a Starsense 80 in a month of so.  Could be a nice wee upgrade