SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Partial Eclipse

wookie1965

14 minutes ago, kirkster501 said:

I don't think it is happening here in Nott's today.  Maybe I might get the odd glimpse through the clouds but no chance of any images I think.  Fingers crossed it changes and more gaps emerge in the clouds.

The met office forecast still has clearer skies as the morning goes on. I was able to see the sun for a brief moment but not long enough to align either, although it's now that I wish I had made a filter for my finder scope - it was easy enough to find the sun on my test run, when there was not a cloud in the sky!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rnobleeddy said:

The met office forecast still has clearer skies as the morning goes on. I was able to see the sun for a brief moment but not long enough to align either, although it's now that I wish I had made a filter for my finder scope - it was easy enough to find the sun on my test run, when there was not a cloud in the sky!

Exactly the same issue here. Can't find the damn thing!

99% cloud here in Leic.s, but I'm  sat outside with the ST80 set up and waiting ...  and was rewarded by a tiny window  in the cloud at 10:21, which gave me 7 minutes to see the start of the bite out of the disc.

Some strong winds high up, apparently, as the clouds are moving fast , looks like there could be more gaps heading my way ...

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, rnobleeddy said:

Exactly that.  I did plenty of test runs.  I have seen a glimpse of it through the high haze so that's better than nothing.

Just caught a few minutes using projection method and some small binoculars.  Mostly cloudy but did get a clear gap for just a few seconds at a time, but visible through the thinner clouds too. Missus was impressed, bu told me off for using binoculars as she thought I was going to look through them!!!

Did not setup solar scope as it looked like rain around 10am onwards.

But got to see something.

• Like 2