Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Partial Eclipse

wookie1965

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

It’s teasing me now!

1E636642-EF3B-4587-8E4B-6510CF2BD1AD.jpeg

I think you are teasing the rest of us that we are completely clouded over! Dark ☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️. Where is the ☀️? I hope it stays clear for you!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kon said:

I think you are teasing the rest of us that we are completely clouded over! Dark ☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️. Where is the ☀️? I hope it stays clear for you!

There’s a gap running down the middle of the country which means some of us may get lucky, heading East 🤞🤞 Sun is trying to show through here now, 10 mins until first contact.

4E1D34C9-F080-4D7E-A8BC-AEEB5573D21D.jpeg

Totally solid cloud here at the moment, but the BBC News headline gave me a laugh: ‘Ring of fire’ to sweep across the Earth.  Then going on to explain that it was an annular eclipse, but that very few people would be able to see it in full unless they live in the Arctic.

James

• Haha 1

I don't think it is happening here in Nott's today.  Maybe I might get the odd glimpse through the clouds but no chance of any images I think.  Fingers crossed it changes and more gaps emerge in the clouds.

Missed the start at 10.05 but 5 minutes later had a large clear spell. View with the white light now using the PST.

Now added the Double stack and can see a few filaments, plage and a nice Prom on the western edge. The Moon looks great against the Ha background.

• Like 1