NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Light Optics

MikeP

Absolutely brilliant service.

He has helped me over the last 2 weeks and about 20 helpdesk tickets loaded with questions and has helped made my mind up about both binoculars and telescopes, and coupled with this reading material.

I cannot speak highly enough, the attention to detail is excellent and martin even sent me links to help guides on certain topics which i believe took time to write up as well.

Also they seem to be one of the cheapest suppliers around... I wish there were more companies like FLO in all other aspects of my daily life.

thankyou Martin & FLO !!! look forward to you helping me though the next 30 years worth of upgrades !

Just a thanks to SteveB for sorting out via gawd knows how many emails the reason why my goto upgrade was not working on my HEQ5 mount. Needless to say that sometimes its better to ask someone who knows rather than try and do it yourself. All now sorted thanks to steves recommendation of a specific power unit. Thanks all, great service. Terry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just thought I'd share the very positive experience I've had with FLO over the past couple of weeks. (One of many it must be said! I have a thing for making difficult requests ...)

First up I ordered a Baader Steeltrack for my ED80, which almost as soon as I opened I decided I didn't actually want!

Despite my youngest daughter eating the packaging (I do feed her honest ...) FLO accepted the Steeltrack back without question or deduction from the amount paid.

After offering me a full refund or credit against another purchase, I mentioned I wanted a customised Moonlite that wasn't listed on the web site. (Hi-resolution motor and one of the modified focuser draw tubes.)

Martin gave me a price on it through the help desk (all emails were replied to very quickly) and then went on to order it for me and have it brought in from the US with their own order probably saving me a fair few quid on importing it myself!

Much appreciated and many thanks to all at FLO : another very satisfied customer here :hello2:

i bought a eq3 pro from flo and it turned out to be faulty,i contacted flo and would like everyone to know it as sorted out quickly and im pleased to say i will use flo for other purchases without hesitation,,,thanks steve.

Ordered an Atik 4000 Mono last week from FLO. Unfortunately we had to wait for a delivery from Portugal, but that was nobody's fault, and the camera arrived safe and sound yesterday, in time for the clear spell we hope to get this weekend.

One thing to note: I think FLO are very busy at the moment, as I was never able to speak to the guys by phone. Your best bet is to email them as they do always reply.

Purchased a Celestron Nexstar 5 SE from FLO's clearance thread.

Was discounted by 10% from their already "cheaper than most others I looked at" price, because the outer box was tatty and the instructions were missing.

Ordered on a Friday afternoon, delivered the following Tuesday (Monday was a Bank Holiday).

The tatty outer box has gone in the recycling bin and the instructions downloaded via the link on FlO's site.

Scope, mount, tripod and included bits were in perfect / new unused condition.

I have a great telescope that I will enjoy using, at a bargain'ous price and the could not be happier.

Cheers to all at FLO - am delighted! :)

Chris

Hi,

I purchased a binoculars on the 07/05/2012 on the FLO's website. So far it didn't arrive.

It is a pretty bad service after paying £10 of delivery charges.

In the website is written that binoculars delivery charges are up to £5 and a maximum of 5 working days delivery.

Sorry guys but a honest negative feedback is better than a fake positive one for the business.

Kind regards.

Edited by Grant
Removed private order and email details that were posted in message.

Hi Mr Barbosa,

Unfortunately our website flagged your transaction as fraudulent (it is an algorithm, it isn't perfect). When this happens we put the item aside and wait for the purchaser to contact us. You did contact us, 17-minutes after posting this negative review...!

The binocular was a discounted Barr & Stroud Sierra 8x42 offered in our Clearance thread here on SGL. They have all sold but fortunately we put yours aside so can dispatch it today for delivery tomorrow.

Sorry guys but a honest negative feedback is better than a fake positive one for the business.

I am not aware of anyone writing fake positive reviews. Are you?

Steve

Flo have for there most part given me and many others on here very exceptional service, so I was a little dismayed at my recent experience.

I opened a helpdesk request #15486 on the 6th of April to get some advice on my product requirements and costings. This request was initially picked up fairly quickly, but the follow through failed miserably, having been forgotten about once and then ignored on a further two subsequent bumps. I gave up and closed to the request on the 9th of May, leaving some feedback! and taking what I would consider a sizeable purchase elsewhere.

The helpdesk is a nice idea, but unless someone actually actions requests through to a conclusion then its a fairly useless service and will just cause customer frustration. Next time I'll stick to email and the phone next time.

This should not put you off using flo in anyway what so ever. I will continue to use them as always, but i'll just forgo the helpdesk.

The helpdesk is a nice idea, but unless someone actually actions requests through to a conclusion then its a fairly useless service and will just cause customer frustration.

Given the amount of communications we receive the helpdesk is more than a nice idea. It is essential. The days when FLO was me working alone from home are long gone. Regular email will not cope with the number of enquiries we receive. I think this is the same for any company our size (I notice one of our competitors recently installed the same helpdesk).

No system is perfect and the helpdesk isn't a cure-all. It is simply a means of enabling us, and you, to more easily have conversations and to keep a record of previous enquirys. It still relies on people so when it fails it is almost certainly because 'we' have failed. One of us might be on sick leave or on holiday (the reason your enquiry stalled, nobody 'ignored' you) or we might simply have dropped the ball. Most of the time it works well but in this instance we let you down. Sorry :)

This should not put you off using flo in anyway what so ever. I will continue to use them as always
Consider also that you can contact James or myself via PM here on SGL. It isn't as reliable as the helpdesk but it can be a useful backup.

HTH,

Steve

Hi,

I've not purchased anything from FLO just yet as I'm waiting for a large cheque to turn up but when it does I shall be using them with full confidence.

So far I have only emailed for advice and I must say that Steve not only gave me honest useful advice with regard to a scope but he was also very quick in responding to my emails.

I hope that the delivery of my new scope when I order it will be just as fast as I'll only be in the country for the week when I order it :)

Just want to add my thumbs up and thanks to FLO for fantastic service. Whatever I order arrives super quick and the advice and service is superb. Huge thanks to Steve at FLO for honest and useful advice and for sorting out the problem with the Baader Solar Film. Unlucky enough to receive a less than perfect sheet (just one of those things) but FLO have replaced it without any quibble at all.

Can't recommend them enough, thanks guys :)

My new 5SE is a dew magnet - dewed up on Tuesday evening so ordered a dew shield from FLO's site Tuesday night.

Email received Wednesday to say "dispatched". Today, Thursday it arrives in the post.

Same level of excellent service when you spend a small amount for a dew shield as a you receive when you spend a larger amount on a scope.

Thanks FLO.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to say thanks for the great deal I had on my new Celestron 11" EDGE HD OTA.

In a matter of days it was on my doorstep and I cant wait to use it. Plenty of advice and E mails....thanks alot guys......

Regards

Andy

Yet again another first class experience with FLO. It was late at night and I was rather sleepy and placed an order for a Telrad and LPR Filter. Due to being tired I didnt realise the Telrad was out of stock and mistakenly ordered a 2'' filter. First thing the following morning after realising my error I emailed FLO about changing the order for a 1.25 filter. Martin was quickly on the case and changed the filter size and also alerted me to the fact of the Telrad being out of stock and on back order which I had no problem with. Not only did he despatch the filter immediately I was also surprised to see an instant refund of the difference between the 1.25 and 2'' filter which quite honestly through my own experience with other retailers is something they tend to do at a later date or when your badgering them to do it. Better still my filter turned up in the next mornings post. FLO's service is next to none and come highly recommeded to anyone. Regardless of how much you spend be it big or small, your always assured of a first rate service. Great job guys, thanks.

Chris :icon_salut:

Yup,

great service and really looking forward to using the OTA. Took me a while to save for and just gotta finish saving for the mount!! Was going for the meade lx80 as I have seen some great reviews but I think its going to end up being the tried and tested celestron cgem DX. Real sturdy looking mount and proven!!!.

Its just that meade price that keeps me umin and ahin lol......

Big thanks to FLO for an excellent service. I emailed them with a stock enquiry to which they responded within a day or so. I then placed the order over the bank holiday jubilee weekend and the product arrived two working days later. Superb :grin: