SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Light Optics

MikeP

I've just received another order from FLO and thought it time I thanked them.

The first order I placed, for the 200P, just happened to be out of stock at the time. But, rather than give me a load of codswallop, as some suppliers might do (I won't name anyone), they told me exactly what was happening. In fact, in the email I received, it could have been a word for word transcription they'd had with the supplier. I was told when it would be sent out, directly from the supplier, and when to expect it. And sure enough, it did.

Ever since that day it's been a company I can trust. And I mean really trust.

How any of the FLO team can look through a 'scope at night after spending the day bending over backwards to help us I'll never know.

Simply marvellous - Thanks

I have now odered 2 scopes from FLO (got my 250px yesterday), and both times they have managed to get it delivered in less than a week. Kit arrived all intact with no problems both times. I've ordered other things from them and they have always kept me informed over the telephone. Good job, especially as Mr Cox has been keeping them exceptionally busy recently.

I would have added this to the long list of grateful customers in the other thread, but I see that one's now been closed, so I guess it's my turn to start a new one!

I've contacted and ordered a few items from FLO over the last year or so and received a very good service... but nothing like I've received over the last 2-3 weeks which is truly exemplary.

I bought an Atik 314L+ which arrived very promptly, but then came across a number of difficulties... First I was a bit paranoid about hot pixels - I emailed FLO and Martin got back to me and dealt with my query with Atik direct (it was only my paranoia ;)).

The next issue was inability to achieve focus with my MN190 - I emailed Martin for suggestions and he got back to me again within a few hours - I ordered a 2" extension tube which again arrived very quickly. Unfortunately it was too long, so I sent another email to Martin, and he agreed to loan me a 1.5" extension tube on a try/buy basis... (I haven't had the chance to try it out yet though)

In the meantime, I used another scope to test the Atik, and discovered some "anomalies" - I started a thread on here (in case it was me or an easily resolved light leak), but when it started to become apparent that there may be a fault, I emailed Martin again... (he must have been getting fed up of me by now!). Again, he took it up with Atik on my behalf, but he / Steve agreed that, regardless of Atik's response, they would swap out my camera for another... and as soon as they came back in stock (a matter of 2-3 days), Martin emailed me to arrange delivery of a new one and pick up of my "old" one.

Although it was a very frustrating and trying experience for me personally, I'd like thank both Martin and Steve for making this experience as painless as possible and for their great support. :eek:

Even though I haven't taken the new one out of the box yet (don't laugh - I'm actually afraid to test it at the moment ;)), but thanks guys! ;)

FLO - I know they have allot of supporters on this site, but failing me.

The measure of a good supplier is not went it all goes well, but when it doesn't & at the moment it isn't.

Problem with the order found on Friday, phoned ok & thought sorted. However not - have phoned a few times yesterday & today & left a message both days, with my mobile number.

However no-one has called me back.

Sorry mods - but not feeling like a wanted customer at all ...........

Hi people,

Ordered a skywatcher 127 supatrak from FLO ON 4/3/2011.

Had to wait 2 weeks as out of stock.

Within a week of receiving my scope,the motors on the mount developed a fault.

Sent the package back to FLO 5 days later.

At this point some communication between myself and FLO got crossed wires and will keep a long story short.

Received a new 127 supatrak on 20/5/2011.

The thing is i was very frustrated at the start of this order but Steve and Martin explained and apologized to me of this mishap.

I was also compensated for the delay.

Even though i had a rough first order with FLO,i will use them again

because they never shut the door on me and deeply apologized.

Steve,Martin and James please keep working hard with the hobby we all love.

Thanks Dave Hilton;)

On Wednesday, I ordered my Atik Titan, and a few other bits including a pair of Star Sharp Bahtinovs (which are really nice, by the way). As usual, I received everything I ordered the next day.

It's barely worth posting reviews like this, as most of us know FLO's great service record. Nevertheless, I just wanted to thank them here for once again being efficient and easy to deal with.

For those who haven't tried shopping from their new website, it's very good. The submenus could do with more pictures, because I like pictures, but the navigation is much improved, and there are lots of new items; besides the masks, the new flatfield screens look interesting.

Don't know if this is the correct place to post but thought i'l say how pleased i am with FLO, as many of you already know.

Sent an email over the weekend about Baader solar film and any tips about solar viewing (never done any), the reply i got was top notch, all the info i needed for safe viewing, dont know many companys who would give so much time to one customer, not even a big sales pitch!...you need to buy this and this and this etc, makes me feel i have my own personal shop:D.

Thanks once again FLO, Martin for the email....order will be placed tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Great service from FLO once again. I contacted them last week to ask about how I would know which day a scope would be delivered and was told I could choose which day suited me best and they would contact the importers to reserve one for me. Monday 13th I placed an order for a Skyliner 250PX and asked for a Wednesday 15th delivery. 3pm today (Wed 15th) Fed-Ex dropped off my shiny new scope :)

Can't ask for more than that.

Very many thanks to FLO and James in particular.

I would like to add another allbeit belated big thumbs up to the guys at FLO. I was looking into getting a PST and although I knew at the time they were not listed on the website I thought I would send an email and ask just incase. As it turns out my timing was pretty good, I got a quick response saying they were planning on adding them in a couple of days.

This was good news as past experience has shown me dealing with FLO is a worthwhile experience and I would be more than happy to this time. Over the next couple of days I was kept updated by Martin and once they arrived in stock I placed the order for a PST and hard case.

Given that the shipment was to be to Belgium I think the 5 day's it took to arrive once the order was place was super fast, especially as there was a weekend amongst those day's. And the other big point is that even with the cost of shipping added to Belgium the price was still cheaper than any other competitors retail price.

The product arrived safe, fast and in working order so no complaints there at all.

All in all another big thumbs up:hello2:

Big thanks to all the guys and girls at FLO :)

A couple of weeks ago, I ordered a Gerd Nuemman Aurora EL flat panel. It was delivered the following day.

Later, I ordered a Bathinov mask. That was delivered the following day.

Two days ago I ordered a Skywatcher auto focuser and some solar film. That was delivered the following day too.

Clean, efficient service at a good price. Didn't have to speak to anyone to place or chase the order, and even if I did, I know that I'd get some good advice and service from them. Quite rare in this day and age!

I ordered a copy of Steve Richards' book Making Every Photon Count from FLO last Thursday.

James (FLO) emailed me on Friday to say Steve was on holiday and the book would be delayed. The book arrived today with a note from Steve apologising for the delay.

Love the personal touch.

Another big thumbs up here.

I've dealt with FLO several times before for adaptors etc. and Martin has always been helpful and everything (if in stock) arrives next day or day after.

This time, following a days worth of Helpdesk messages with Steve and James, we agreed on a price match deal so on Wednesday evening I ordered a SW Skymax 180 Pro which arrived safe and sound this morning (Friday).

I think a lot of online retailers could learn a thing or two from everyone at FLO. :)

Cheers

Ian

I just received my order this morning from FLO! :)

As usual the service was excellent, I was kept in the loop and the delivery was prompt. IMO I would say they are the best retailer I have purchased from. Thanks Guys! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Discussed purchase of an ED80 DS Pro outfit with James earlier in the month, with a right angled finderscope in lieu of the standard straight-through. The kit was set aside awaiting my order. We cleared up the precise model of finderscope required and the order was placed.

The finder was on longer delivery than the 'scope, so James sent me out the outfit complete with original finder, with the correct finder to follow on with a stamped addressed package to return the unwanted straight-through back to FLO. This way I wouldn't lose out on observing time whilst waiting for the right-angled finder to come in.

The scope outfit arrived last week, on time as promised, as did the correct finder today, complete with the SAE.

Excellent service as usual.:hello2:

Thanks James

PS. First light report [thread=146815]here.[/thread]

Forgot to mention that on my birthday my other half order me an Ha 7nm filter. I already had one and after a quick phone call the guys at FLO said "send it back and well send you the OIII you asked for :)". Simply the best service anywhere. Thanks guys. :)

Another very pleased customer.

I ordered a PST and Hyperion 8-24 zoom ep online Monday evening after querying the DSLR adaptor I needed for the Hyperion via FLOs help system.

Tuesday morning I rang them to order a Merlin mount for the PST and Martin kindly checked with the supplier to confirm they were in stock and rang me back in two minutes saying they were in stock.

The PST, Hyperion, adaptors and Merlin mount all arrived safely on Wednesday afternoon.

Many thanks

Great service from FLO, ordered an 8 & 5mm x-cel eyepiece and a William optics cf dielectric diagonal on sunday, despatched monday and delivered tuesday. Can't fault it, top service guys.:)

Can't wait to try them now, might have to wait a bit........weathers turned for the worst.;)

Thanks again guys

Ordered a EQ5 mount from FLO on a Friday afternoon - tracked it and I would have had it on the Saturday if courier worked the weekend - still I got it Monday morning

Must say new to astronomy but 1st website to check if I'm looking for anything now is FLO

Fanstastic service and delighted - made my week!

I orderd my scope through martin at FLO at roughly 2pm on the friday and he promissed delivery on the monday....monday at 3pm i had a bloke stood at my door with a nice new scope!

Brilliant service and brilliant advice when i emailed them questions! Defo be buying from again when i need anythin!!

Mark.

Sent FLO an e-mail today and within 5 minutes :p had Steve on the phone to offer sound advise and guidance , not only recommending items from his own stock but that of other quality brands . Very unbiased , professional service.

Equipment coming tomorrow . I've bought very little from FLO to date but will be making them my first port of call. ( Just need some TV in stock ! :D )